Windows 10: Cannot access to BIOS/UEFI/boot options on Lenovo h50 with windows 10

Discus and support Cannot access to BIOS/UEFI/boot options on Lenovo h50 with windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I got this computer used and want to install Windows 7 to it. So I followed whatever instruction I found on the web, got into advanced restart setting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ytlnytlnytln, May 26, 2018.

1. Cannot access to BIOS/UEFI/boot options on Lenovo h50 with windows 10

I got this computer used and want to install Windows 7 to it. So I followed whatever instruction I found on the web, got into advanced restart setting on W10, somehow found UEFI firmware settings. Restarted, got into UEFI, changed boot order to USB everything and THEN HDD. Inserted W7 installation USB stick I prepared using Rufus with UEFI and FAT32 settings.
    1) It won't boot up.
    2) There is no Lenovo splash screen when starting up. It either goes directly into W10 or doesn't even turn the monitor on.
    3) Somehow (I think I'm going crazy) "UEFI firmware settings" option in the settings has gone. I don't have that anymore. I check via system information window, it still shows UEFI, not BIOS.

F1, F2, F8, F10, F12 is out of the question, it does not even look for an input. If I disconnect the HDD, it does not power up the monitor. It insists on booting directly to W10 without any prior screen signal or not booting at all. I've never used a UEFI PC before. I already hate it. So, what to do now? Thanks in advance.

:)

ytlnytlnytln, May 26, 2018
  2. OssianLtd Win User

No boot option in BIOS after attempting to revert back to Windows 8.1 from 10 on lenovo edge e545

Did anyone come up with a solution for this?

I have an E545, originally WIn8.0 that ran out of battery during an update to 8.1

Now it will boot to a blank screen, and no further

As in picture above, the BIOS is missing the setup option (so cannot access / change boot order)

Enter then F12 on boot doesn't give me a list of boot devices to do a recovery (although the BIOS lists the DVD)

My next step is to pull the HD and delete all partitions, then try the recovery again

OssianLtd, May 29, 2018
  3. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10, Error message: A system image created using UEFI cannot be restored on a computer using legacy BIOS.

Hi,

UEFI BIOS supports two boot modes: Legacy BIOS boot mode and UEFI boot mode. Some devices and operating systems do not yet support UEFI-based BIOS and can boot only from Legacy BIOS boot mode. Choose Legacy BIOS boot mode to allow HBAs and Express
    Module devices to use option ROMs. Choose UEFI boot mode to use UEFI drivers.

Only devices that support the selected boot mode are listed on the BIOS Boot screen. If you select UEFI Boot Mode, only boot candidates that support UEFI BIOS boot mode are listed on the BIOS Setup Utility screens in the Boot Options Priority list.
    If you select Legacy BIOS boot mode, only boot candidates that support Legacy BIOS boot mode are listed in the Boot Options Priority list.

Please refer to the below article to Upgrade to Windows 10 using ISO File.

How to Upgrade to Windows 10 Anniversary Update version 1607 using ISO File

Hope you can upgrade to Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance on upgrading to Windows 10, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Cannot access to BIOS/UEFI/boot options on Lenovo h50 with windows 10

1. Cannot access to BIOS/UEFI/boot options on Lenovo h50 with windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot access BIOS

2. I cannot access bios or UEFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access bios or UEFI: I do not know if i am asking at the correct place, but i cannot access my bios or use uefi to. When i launch my PC windows 10, i click the backspace, but it does not lead to bios. it instaed leads to something else, where it gives mutiply options, but none leading to bios....
  3. I cannot access bios or UEFI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot access bios or UEFI: I do not know if i am asking at the correct place, but i cannot access my bios or use uefi to. When i launch my PC windows 10, i click the backspace, but it does not lead to bios. it instaed leads to something else, where it gives mutiply options, but none leading to bios....
  4. I cannot access bios or UEFI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to find the UEFI Boot option in BIOS to install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to find the UEFI Boot option in BIOS to install Windows 10: Dear Dave I received your reply for the post I submitted on Dec 5, 2021 for the Subject Mentioned The USB Stick of newly purchased Windows 10 Pro not getting detected or bootedThe concern I found while install is The following is the System Configuration of my own Laptop...
  6. Unable to find the UEFI Boot option in BIOS to install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to find the UEFI Boot option in BIOS to install Windows 10: Dear Dave I received your reply for the post I submitted on Dec 5, 2021 for the Subject Mentioned The USB Stick of newly purchased Windows 10 Pro not getting detected or bootedThe concern I found while install is The following is the System Configuration of my own Laptop...
  7. Unable to find the UEFI Boot option in BIOS to install Windows 10

8. Windows 10 installed with UEFI - Does not allow to access Lenovo G580 Bios

Windows 10 installed with UEFI - Does not allow to access Lenovo G580 Bios: Hi I have recently installed Windows 10 Pro on my Lenovo laptop and has enabled UEFI bios settings. Now I see that Windows 10 is working fine but I am unable to access Bios via F2 Key. I consulted many solutions - F2 key is ok, other keys e.g. Del, F1, F12 ok, Windows...
  9. Lenovo laptop windows 10 cannot access bios

Lenovo laptop windows 10 cannot access bios: Hello, i have a lenovo ideapad z570 laptop. after installing windows 10, i cannot access bios settings anymore. laptop starts nothing happens when bios access key (f2) pressed. it goes straight to the windows loading screen bypassing the bios. and no uefi setting is...
  10. Cannot boot into UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot boot into UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu: Belarc reports UEFI: American Megatrends Inc. P11-B2 Operating System: Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1511 (build 10586.494) Installed: 4/27/2016 5:58:22 AM Servicing Branch: Current Branch (CB) Boot Mode: UEFI with successful Secure Boot. This is my brother’s computer:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant access boot menu lenovo z570

2. lenovo h50 boot to bios

3. i cannot access to bios lenovo

4. lenovo h50 desktop computer how get to boot menu,
  5. ufei boot menu for a lenovo h50 desktop,
  6. cannot access compaq cmos boot options,
  7. lenovo z570 no bios option on startup,
  8. unable To Access f8 Option in Lenovo System,
  9. lenovo bios has no legacy option 2018,
  10. lenovo windows 10 cant access uefi,
  11. lenovo H50 PC win 8.1 bios boot from disc