Windows 10: Cannot access to BIOS/UEFI/boot options on Lenovo h50 with windows 10

Discus and support Cannot access to BIOS/UEFI/boot options on Lenovo h50 with windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I got this computer used and want to install Windows 7 to it. So I followed whatever instruction I found on the web, got into advanced restart setting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ytlnytlnytln, May 26, 2018.

1. ytlnytlnytln Win User

Cannot access to BIOS/UEFI/boot options on Lenovo h50 with windows 10

I got this computer used and want to install Windows 7 to it. So I followed whatever instruction I found on the web, got into advanced restart setting on W10, somehow found UEFI firmware settings. Restarted, got into UEFI, changed boot order to USB everything and THEN HDD. Inserted W7 installation USB stick I prepared using Rufus with UEFI and FAT32 settings.
    1) It won't boot up.
    2) There is no Lenovo splash screen when starting up. It either goes directly into W10 or doesn't even turn the monitor on.
    3) Somehow (I think I'm going crazy) "UEFI firmware settings" option in the settings has gone. I don't have that anymore. I check via system information window, it still shows UEFI, not BIOS.

F1, F2, F8, F10, F12 is out of the question, it does not even look for an input. If I disconnect the HDD, it does not power up the monitor. It insists on booting directly to W10 without any prior screen signal or not booting at all. I've never used a UEFI PC before. I already hate it. So, what to do now? Thanks in advance.

:)

ytlnytlnytln, May 26, 2018
  2. OssianLtd Win User

No boot option in BIOS after attempting to revert back to Windows 8.1 from 10 on lenovo edge e545

Did anyone come up with a solution for this?

I have an E545, originally WIn8.0 that ran out of battery during an update to 8.1

Now it will boot to a blank screen, and no further

As in picture above, the BIOS is missing the setup option (so cannot access / change boot order)

Enter then F12 on boot doesn't give me a list of boot devices to do a recovery (although the BIOS lists the DVD)

My next step is to pull the HD and delete all partitions, then try the recovery again

OssianLtd, May 29, 2018
  3. Rishad K T Win User
    Unable to upgrade to Windows 10, Error message: A system image created using UEFI cannot be restored on a computer using legacy BIOS.

Hi,

UEFI BIOS supports two boot modes: Legacy BIOS boot mode and UEFI boot mode. Some devices and operating systems do not yet support UEFI-based BIOS and can boot only from Legacy BIOS boot mode. Choose Legacy BIOS boot mode to allow HBAs and Express
    Module devices to use option ROMs. Choose UEFI boot mode to use UEFI drivers.

Only devices that support the selected boot mode are listed on the BIOS Boot screen. If you select UEFI Boot Mode, only boot candidates that support UEFI BIOS boot mode are listed on the BIOS Setup Utility screens in the Boot Options Priority list.
    If you select Legacy BIOS boot mode, only boot candidates that support Legacy BIOS boot mode are listed in the Boot Options Priority list.

Please refer to the below article to Upgrade to Windows 10 using ISO File.

How to Upgrade to Windows 10 Anniversary Update version 1607 using ISO File

Hope you can upgrade to Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance on upgrading to Windows 10, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Cannot access to BIOS/UEFI/boot options on Lenovo h50 with windows 10

1. Cannot access to BIOS/UEFI/boot options on Lenovo h50 with windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot access BIOS

2. Cannot boot from USB or DVD and cannot access UEFI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot boot from USB or DVD and cannot access UEFI: HP HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-pOXX. Windows 10 Home (X64) Version 1703 (build 15063.540) I've already posted about the usb part Will Win 10 pc boot from usb? - Windows 10 Forums but I'd like to expand the scope. In brief, no combination of key presses at bootup will...
  3. Cannot access Bios or Boot Menu during startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot access Bios or Boot Menu during startup: I'm using a Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H motherboard and installed some DVD drives to rip music off of CDs. Doing so, the boot order got messed up and I was unable to get to the Boot Menu (F12 key) or the Bios (using the delete key). I tried a wired USB keyboard and tried using the...
  4. Windows 10 Lenovo Laptop: Cannot Access Homegroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Lenovo Laptop: Cannot Access Homegroup: I am not sure what happened to my settings, but if anyone can help, would be greatly appreciated! I am running a Lenovo Win 10 notebook on a home system, at least theoretically networked into two Win 10 PC's and one Win 7 PC. Now, all of a sudden, the notebook only shows...
  5. Windows 10 Boot from USB Help cannot access BIOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Boot from USB Help cannot access BIOS: Hello. I am not a huge computer tech guy here but can understand basic functions of a PC. I have a PC I bought off of someone, it's fairly new, 5 months old. Has windows 10 installed and want to put a clean install of OS in it. I do not have the windows CD but it is a legit...
  6. UEFI bios enabled but no secure boot on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI bios enabled but no secure boot on windows 10?: So i had secure boot up and running on my windows 8.1 machine after a clean install, but now since microsoft upgraded me to windows 10 it seems as my secure boot is off again, but it's enabled in my bios is so weird, it's enabled in bios but off in windows 10? Is not much of...
  7. How to access/fix a non booting Windows 10 on a laptop with UEFI bios?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to access/fix a non booting Windows 10 on a laptop with UEFI bios?: So basically back in the days a simple as F8 boots you to safe mode or F12 could bring up boot menu where you could boot from a flash drive or an optical disc , use a tool like hirens boot cd to undo the mess or just do a windows upgrade and you are good . Now what's the...
  8. Cannot boot into UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot boot into UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu: Belarc reports UEFI: American Megatrends Inc. P11-B2 Operating System: Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1511 (build 10586.494) Installed: 4/27/2016 5:58:22 AM Servicing Branch: Current Branch (CB) Boot Mode: UEFI with successful Secure Boot. This is my brother’s computer:...
  9. Lenovo Z580: can't boot from USB or access BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo Z580: can't boot from USB or access BIOS: Hello, I'm trying to clean install Windows 10 on my laptop but I'm having some problems. My laptop is an old Lenovo Z580 i7. Initially it had Windows 8 but then I somehow managed to clean install Windows 10 on it. I said somehow because I'm trying to do the same right now,...
  10. Ubuntu Boot option still available in UEFI BIOS after Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Ubuntu Boot option still available in UEFI BIOS after Dual Boot: Recently I played around with dual booting Linux Mint on my system. I decided that I would delete it for the present as I have other things to focus on. However, after deleting partitions and fixing my MBR to only boot windows my UEFI BIOS still has instances of Ubuntu as a...