Windows 10: Cannot access UAC

Discus and support Cannot access UAC in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I was Admin but changed to Standard user. UAC had been off but I switched it to 'recommended', wish I hadn't cos now I cannot elevate anything. Cannot... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Montague, May 13, 2016.

1. Montague Win User

Cannot access UAC

I was Admin but changed to Standard user. UAC had been off but I switched it to 'recommended', wish I hadn't cos now I cannot elevate anything.
    Cannot even access UAC to switch it off.
    Cannot access elevate cmd prompt.
    Nada.
    Has anyone knowledge of how to get back to normal, please?

:)

Montague, May 13, 2016
  2. detenele Win User

Windows 10 UAC problem

HI,

I upgraded to Windows 10 recently and I found that I cannot install/uninstall programs (even if I clicked yes when UAC prompts), change UAC settings/ run as admin... etc. with my default (admin) account. If I turned off UAC in safe mode and restart PC back
    to normal mode, everything is good. However, if I turn on the UAC in normal mode then I am locked again, no elevated access and cannot change UAC. Is there any way to fix this?

Thank you,

detenele, May 13, 2016
  3. Built in administrator, Cant run apps, cant add user.

So I was trying to mod a Game and I turned off the UAC. I cannot run any apps now or create a new user from the built in administrator. I cannot access any apps even though I was able to before from the built in administrator. I turned the UAC back on
    but still cannot do anything. I also updated to 1151 during this time and updated my nvidia video drivers. Please help.

WendaRogers, May 13, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Cannot access UAC

Hello, I will assume you mean you still have an admin account on your PC, but have created and are using a standard account.

In the standard account, open Control Panel (e.g. Windows key + X, click Control Panel), search for UAC (use the search field top right).

You should get 1 result. Click that, and to change UAC settings and you will be prompted to enter credentials for your admin account.

dalchina, May 13, 2016
  5. Montague Win User
    Admin a/c had become inaccessable and natch I couldn't access it cos couldn't get through uac.
    However, I have Dell Backup and Recovery Premium and had made regular back ups. Attached expansion drive and chose 'Instant restore' which repaired files in 20 mins. Restart and I now have an Admin account as before, UAC is set to 'off'. as prev, and Job done, I think.
    THANK YOU very much, I checked out your answer and I think that that would have done it too.

Montague, May 13, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Yep- your priority was to get your admin acct working. Great you've a backup and recovery strategy.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot access UAC

1. Cannot access UAC - Similar Threads - Cannot access UAC

2. UAC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UAC: How to prevent windows from asking admin user name and password to play this game in my child account?I already disable UAC. Please help. If no way to prevent this from appear, i had to remove family safety....
  3. Have user need password to access UAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have user need password to access UAC: I can't access a user password but have the username, and I can't run anything as an Admin because I can't remember the password. I have tried everything.I can't access Family and others in Accounts.Local Users and groups are a no goAccessing built in Admin account? Meh.Using...
  4. Have user need password to access UAC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have user need password to access UAC: I can't access a user password but have the username, and I can't run anything as an Admin because I can't remember the password. I have tried everything.I can't access Family and others in Accounts.Local Users and groups are a no goAccessing built in Admin account? Meh.Using...
  5. Have user need password to access UAC

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Can't access disk management & no uac shield

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access disk management & no uac shield: I can't access disk management it says access denied to the local machine after windows update i can't access the disk management and also the admin shield is not there beside the manage button in right click menu of my pc iconHelp i can't access disk management i need to...
  7. Can't access disk management & no uac shield

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access disk management & no uac shield: I can't access disk management it says access denied to the local machine after windows update i can't access the disk management and also the admin shield is not there beside the manage button in right click menu of my pc iconHelp i can't access disk management i need to...
  8. Can't access disk management & no uac shield

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Community Suggestions for UAC for those that are unable to access feedback hub due to UAC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Community Suggestions for UAC for those that are unable to access feedback hub due to UAC: Hello,I wanted to create a thread for sending feedback and suggestions to Microsoft regarding its default UAC implementation. Microsoft's official feedback and support channel is...
  10. UAC: Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file

in Windows 10 Support
    UAC: Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file: Hi Everyone, I am upgrading some computers at my local city office from W7 to W10 (1909). They have a domain server, so naturally I'm linking them to that once I complete the upgrade. I mention this because I have an odd issue going on and am unsure what the solution might...