Windows 10: Cannot access Windows 10 Share

Discus and support Cannot access Windows 10 Share in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I am having trouble networking 2 Windows 10 computers together on my network. This is kind of odd, I have a Windows 7 PC that can hit the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Onelove, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Onelove Win User

Cannot access Windows 10 Share

Hello

I am having trouble networking 2 Windows 10 computers together on my network.

This is kind of odd, I have a Windows 7 PC that can hit the file share with no issues. And on the troubled computer I can access the shares on the Windows 7 PC. But the Windows 10 desktop to the Windows 10 file server mapping will not work

On the problem computer can ping all the computers both by name and ip address. I can even connect to the server mapping to it using an IP address. Also I see all the computers in my network folder, but whenever I click on the file server I get the "error 0x80070035 The network path was not found". I to just map out a drive to the server using the IP address, but when I try this as a work around I also get the same error message. I can also connect to the DLNA share through the media section on the file server automatically.

I have the windows firewall open for what I think are the right ports, but no extra firewalls.

I was hoping someone had seen a simlar issue and had a fix, I have tried numerous things online but nothing seems to work.

Cheers

:)

Onelove, Feb 23, 2016
  2. Trixarn Win User
    Trixarn, Feb 23, 2016
  3. TeddOgren Win User
    Windows 10 homegroup file sharing issues

Not helpful - my windows 10 Microsoft surface pro 4 can see the homegroup shared folder but still cannot access it. Why can't windows 10 share files with windows 10?

TeddOgren, Feb 23, 2016
  4. Onelove Win User

So I managed to get this to work for a minute.... I turned Netbios on, on the interface adapter itself....

1- Click the Start Menu or Cortana search and type "network." (Or Click on Settings -> Network&Internet)
    2- Select Network and Sharing Center when it appears.
    3- Click on Change Adapter Settings in the left pane.
    4- Right-click on your Ethernet/Wireless adapter and select Properties.
    5- Select the TCP/IP v4 protocol and click Properties.
    6- Click the Advanced button.
    7- Click the WINS tab and check the box Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP.
    8- Click OK.
    9- Click OK.
    10- Click Close.

I was able to get in. So I got bold and rebooted, now its broke again. I checked to see that it was still turned on and it is... Any suggestions here?

Onelove, Feb 24, 2016
  5. Clintlgm Win User
    With window 8 and 10 peer to peer will work however you will have to set up your Shares and Security for each share to see and share its a little more work than 7 peer to peer was. So once you set up your folder share then set up the security for the shares you'll need to do this for each shared drive or folders that your want to show up in your network. I personal had no luck using home group so I just disabled Home Group and just use the same Peer to Peer network I have had running for the last 10 years or so.

Clintlgm, Feb 24, 2016
  6. Onelove Win User
    Yes this is a peer to peer share. It looks like somewhere around the way fixing this I broke the homegroup on this computer... No clue how. I let the computer sit for alittle, tired to hit the share again and instead of giving me the ERROR:No path to the network, or whatever the error was, it prompted me for the credentials and I was able to get in....

What I am wondering now is why did it take roughly 5 to 10 minutes for this to start working?

Onelove, Feb 24, 2016
  7. Clintlgm Win User
    Usually for shares to take effect a reboot is required after share and Security for that share are set up. Window 8 and 10 are much more secure and more security requirement are required. My personal/business work Group I uses the same user profiles on all computers same user name and passwords, then in permissions I use authorized User for both the share and security tab. I have all guest users accounts disabled so I think I'm pretty secure.

Clintlgm, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot access Windows 10 Share - Similar Threads - Cannot access Share

2. Cannot access QNAP shares from windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access QNAP shares from windows 10: I have a QNAP NAS connected in my LAN having a name (nas-name) and an IP (nas-ip). After a brand new W10 PC entered my network I got the 'Windows Cannot access \\nas-ip" error when typing \\nas-ip in explorer. All other PCs can access the NAS folder tree in explorer though. I...
  3. Windows cannot access Shared Folder or Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows cannot access Shared Folder or Drive in Windows 10: You may experience a Windows cannot access \\ Computer’s Name, Shared folder, or Network Drive letter error while trying to access a shared file. In this article, we are going to find reasons and fixes for this problem. Why can’t I access Shared Folder or Drive This error...
  4. Cannot access network share

Cannot access network share: From my Windows 10 machine Machine 1, I cannot access folders that are shared on a Windows XP machine Machine 2. I don't think it is an OS incompatibility issue. For years, it worked. And, accessing shared folders on a second Windows XP machine Machine 3 is working, as it...
  5. File Sharing "Windows cannot access"

File Sharing "Windows cannot access": Problem: Only some clients cannot connect to Shared folder Configuration: My clients want to map network drive to connect the folder which is on my computer. One of my clients can connect, however, other 2 clients cannot connect by getting "Windows cannot access" error....
  6. Cannot access Samba share

Cannot access Samba share: Hi, I have a few Windows 10 computers and some linux computers on my network. I use Samba to enable sharing between the Windows and Linux computers. On one of the Windows computer I have a Storage Spaces drive set up as a Samba share. I can access some of the folders on this...
  7. Windows 10 cannot access a Windows 7 share

Windows 10 cannot access a Windows 7 share: Trying to access a Win 7 share from Win 10 - note: a Win 7 can access a Win 10 share Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and Windows 7 Professional 64 bit both machines in same Workgroup, same subnet and gateway ping works between Try to map a drive and use Browse server is there but...
  8. Windows 10 cannot access shared folder on Windows 7

Windows 10 cannot access shared folder on Windows 7: We recently had 2 new computers built in house, both with Windows 10 OS. Our main computer that we use for shared files runs on Windows 7. After connecting both new Win 10 computers to network, one had immediate access to shared files and hasn't missed a beat, however the...
  9. Cannot Access Windows Network Shares

Cannot Access Windows Network Shares: Three machines: Surface Pro 4 - fully updated Surface Pro 3 - Windows 10, fully updated Lenovo X220T - Windows 8.1 Fully updated All three machines can see all available network devices, including each other. All three machines can successfully access and interact...
  10. Cannot access Admin shares

Cannot access Admin shares: I have two Windows 10 machines and a Windows 8.1 machine: - PCWIN10-01 - PCWIN10-02 - PCWIN8-03 I want to be able to open admin shares on PCWIN10-01 from PCWIN10-02 and I am getting access denied. Both machines have Creators update. I have searched online for the past...