Windows 10: Cannot Access Windows Network Shares

Discus and support Cannot Access Windows Network Shares in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Three machines: Surface Pro 4 - fully updated Surface Pro 3 - Windows 10, fully updated Lenovo X220T - Windows 8.1 Fully updated All three... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by taward, Jan 24, 2016.

1. taward Win User

Cannot Access Windows Network Shares

Three machines:
    Surface Pro 4 - fully updated
    Surface Pro 3 - Windows 10, fully updated
    Lenovo X220T - Windows 8.1 Fully updated

• All three machines can see all available network devices, including each other.
    • All three machines can successfully access and interact with third party network devices. In this case, it is a NAS and a network printer.
    • The windows 8.1 machine can access each of the other windows 10 machines
    • Neither Windows 10 machines can access any other windows share on the network.
      • This gets me error 80070035 with diagnostics telling me nothing
    • All three machines are on a Homegroup and while each can see, no one can access anything

Trouble shooting tried:
    • Double checked all sharing settings on all three computers. They are identical.
    • Double checked workgroups
    • Tried it via IP addresses
    • Reset winsock on all machines
    • Flushed DNS on all machines
    • Reset the router
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled Windows sharing and about 3 other network protocols and services
    • Enabled NetBios
    • ran this: sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/nsi
      sc.exe config mrxsmb20 start= disabled
    • Messing around with all sorts of netsh commands clearing and flushing all sorts of other things

I'm fresh out of ideas. Any thoughts would be helpful.

:)

taward, Jan 24, 2016

2. Home Group Problems

This might be related to changes in networking with the Windows 10 1709 release. You should check your Public folder sharing settings in Windows 10. See some steps you can try to enable that:

https://appuals.com/fix-cannot-access-network-s...

Andre Da Costa, Jan 24, 2016
  3. cannot access network share

Answer (where is the button to mark as answer !?!?!)

figured this out. i went to network in the explorer and it complained about network discovery turned off, which eventually led me to the fact that my home network got changed to "public network" profile. Clicking on the popdown under the address bar (in
    explorer, same bar complaining about network discovery.....) gave 2 options, change my home network to a "private network" profile or change settings for all public networks, I choose the former

owen gerig, Jan 24, 2016
  4. Cannot Access Windows Network Shares

Set up a local account for all workstations instead of the email account for a login name.

play2mefish, Jan 25, 2016
  5. taward Win User
    Thanks @play. Is that a solution or a test? I ask b/c that is not a configuration that I can live with long term. That completely avoids the issue.

taward, Jan 25, 2016
  6. It's a workaround until Microsoft resolves the issue...to the best of my knowledge.

play2mefish, Jan 25, 2016
  7. linw Win User
  8. taward Win User

@play So anyone who uses connected accounts can't share files between windows computers? Wow.
    @linw thanks. This was in my archive. Very helpful.

taward, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot Access Windows Network Shares - Similar Threads - Cannot Access Network

2. CANNOT access shared folder on Home Network - Access Denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CANNOT access shared folder on Home Network - Access Denied: Hi,Despite a few folders are identified as Shared on my network, none of the PCs can access them. That was working before Windows updates. Before, in a folder properties I could add "Everyone" in the security tab, now that option in missing in Windows 11.Is there a utility...
  3. CANNOT access shared folder on Home Network - Access Denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CANNOT access shared folder on Home Network - Access Denied: Hi,Despite a few folders are identified as Shared on my network, none of the PCs can access them. That was working before Windows updates. Before, in a folder properties I could add "Everyone" in the security tab, now that option in missing in Windows 11.Is there a utility...
  4. Cannot access any network shares

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access any network shares: For some reason, and for some time now, my Windows 10 system cannot access any network share. This includes a WD MyCloud and a new Synology NAS. Other computers in my household can connect fine kids gaming PC, laptop and are prompted to sign in with a username and password,...
  5. Network Access-Your Folder Cannot be shared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network Access-Your Folder Cannot be shared: I am working on the server that contains these network files. They are old, some very old backup files that need to be removed. Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-access-your-folder-cannot-be-shared/c43de3d0-03c2-4eae-8428-cbc12aa5361d
  6. Cannot access network share

Cannot access network share: From my Windows 10 machine Machine 1, I cannot access folders that are shared on a Windows XP machine Machine 2. I don't think it is an OS incompatibility issue. For years, it worked. And, accessing shared folders on a second Windows XP machine Machine 3 is working, as it...
  7. network sharing / access

network sharing / access: [ATTACH] I've clicked and searched folders, explorer, sharing, users, advanced etc. and all I know to look at for hours. I can't access Jason at all, see this message. I can see the third computer and can access the \\users\public folder - on it. His computer name is -2019...
  8. Cannot access files over Network Sharing

Cannot access files over Network Sharing: After a good deal of bad words about the removal of homegroup and about the "easy" Windows 10 file sharing, squeezing my brain to the last neuron and thanks to the help of the community too ... *** I succeeded in having my 2 PCs on my home network visible one each other on...
  9. Cannot Access Shared Folders On Network (With Pictures)

Cannot Access Shared Folders On Network (With Pictures): Hi all.. Background I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The upgrade was done OTA. While I was using Windows 7 I had no network problems. Network Issue After the upgrade I am no longer able to access my shared folders or even the other shared computers...
  10. Cannot access shared network drive

Cannot access shared network drive: On my desktop (AKA S4, currently running Win8.1 x64 pro) I have shared out four of the hard drives with full permissions. I have 5 PCs in my network and all can access the four drives. My sister is visiting and currently accessing my network via cat5 wire. On her PC (running...