Windows 10: Cannot access Yahoo mail unless I delete history IE 11

Discus and support Cannot access Yahoo mail unless I delete history IE 11 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello! I receive many e-mails in my Yahoo account every day since I am subscribed to many threads in this forum. Recently I noticed that I cannot... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by spapakons, Nov 20, 2015.

1. spapakons Win User

Cannot access Yahoo mail unless I delete history IE 11

Hello!

I receive many e-mails in my Yahoo account every day since I am subscribed to many threads in this forum. Recently I noticed that I cannot access Yahoo mail. In Yahoo support they suggest deleting the browsing history. I did it and was able to access my e-mails again only to have the same problem next day. Anyone having the same problem? Is there any setting in Internet Explorer or Yahoo that would fix the problem without having to delete browsing history every day? Since I mostly use IE I am not sure if this problem appears in Microsoft Edge, Firefox or Google Chrome, but I would prefer keep using IE.

Thank you for any suggestions.

:)

spapakons, Nov 20, 2015

2. IE11 and Yahoo Mail

See if any of these easy procedures help:

1. If you haven't, since the problem appeared, restart the computer. If you have done a shutdown or restart, don't bother doing another.

2. Close all IE windows and any/all IE processes from Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) Task Manager. Try accessing Yahoo Mail with a new IE session.

3. Internet Options> General tab> Browsing History> Delete> uncheck "Preserve Favorites website data" then delete Temporary Internet Files and Cookies. No reason to delete history, passwords, etc.

4. From IE> Tools (or Alt + t)> Compatibility View Settings, verify that Yahoo is not in the list, that "Use Microsoft compatibility lists" is unchecked and that "Display Intranet Sites in Compatibility View" is unchecked.

Don

Don Varnau, Nov 20, 2015
  3. Carl Ric Win User
    Edge yahoo mail problem

Hi Folks

Yahoo mail malfunctioning with Edge browser. Wont delete spam, often wont send mail. Screen goes to a blue hue when attempting to send or delete. Yahoo mail worked fine with Edge until about a week ago. Yahoo works with IE 11.

I ran the scan as suggested by Microsoft tech. The scan showed that no errors were present.

Suggestions are appreciated on how to make Yahoo mail work properly w Edge.

thank you

Carl

Carl Ric, Nov 20, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

I contacted Yahoo and they replied that they checked my account and found no problem. Yeah right! All of a sudden I can now access my account normally without having to clear history each time. I believe they found something really stupid but didn't want to admit it! They just fixed it and told me they found nothing. Anyway, I'll mark this solved for the time being.

spapakons, Nov 23, 2015
Thema:

1. Cannot access Yahoo mail unless I delete history IE 11 - Similar Threads - Cannot access Yahoo

2. Cannot sign in to yahoo mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sign in to yahoo mail: work for 10+ years , suddenly stop* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-sign-in-to-yahoo-mail/a7063b41-5116-4972-8d8d-4e0e9a61f2ba
  3. Cannot sign in to yahoo mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot sign in to yahoo mail: work for 10+ years , suddenly stop* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-sign-in-to-yahoo-mail/a7063b41-5116-4972-8d8d-4e0e9a61f2ba
  4. Problem Accessing Yahoo Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Accessing Yahoo Mail: I just bought a new desktop which included Windows 11 Home. I can't access my yahoo email thru windows 11 or Microsoft Outlook. I can't go direct to yahoo and access my mail.[Original Title: Mail]...
  5. Problem Accessing Yahoo Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem Accessing Yahoo Mail: I just bought a new desktop which included Windows 11 Home. I can't access my yahoo email thru windows 11 or Microsoft Outlook. I can't go direct to yahoo and access my mail.[Original Title: Mail]...
  6. Cannot access yahoo mail via Outlook 2010

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot access yahoo mail via Outlook 2010: Windows 10 Pro 1909, Outlook 2010, Yahoo full featured mail, no account key or 2-step verification enabled I have several yahoo mail (full featured) accounts and I have never been able to access them through Outlook 2010. No problems with web access thru any browser. Here...
  7. yahoo mail access

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    yahoo mail access: Can´t access yahoo mail anymore from this pc page is redirected to "https://guce.yahoo.com/" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/yahoo-mail-access/aa37f791-d0ea-41ae-970b-545725b912bd
  8. Cannot access my Yahoo mail

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot access my Yahoo mail: Using windows 10, I have suddenly been unable to open my Yahoo mail. I can access the Yahoo.com website, SOMETIMES I can successfully sign into my Yahoo account and even preview my mail when clicking on "Mail". Other times I cannot even sign into the account. On the times I...
  9. Yahoo no longer supports IE 11

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo no longer supports IE 11: Noticed on my laptop (first one I updated to the Anniversary update) my email is set to "basic" with no extra's or other bells and whistles and can't be changed. When I open it from my browser it comes up with a message that I need to run a supported browser. I clicked on the...
  10. No History in IE

in Browsers and Email
    No History in IE: IE 9, Windows 10, history not saving. "Delete browsing history on exit" unchecked.*Sleepy Don Cole 72568

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error: service temporarily unavailable. yahoo mail