Windows 10: Cannot add a PIN to Windows 10, no error code

Discus and support Cannot add a PIN to Windows 10, no error code in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm having a strange problem with windows that I cant find a solution for online. Each time I try to add a PIN the dialog box pops up, I input my pin... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Domaschlong, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Cannot add a PIN to Windows 10, no error code

I'm having a strange problem with windows that I cant find a solution for online.
    Each time I try to add a PIN the dialog box pops up, I input my pin but the pin doesn't add. Those small dots just spin for a second or two. It gives no error message.

I have tried reinstalling windows and using a local account, none of which have worked. Cleaning the NGC folder doesn't help either.
    I can still use password to login but its annoying as my laptop has a fingerprint reader which needs a PIN to use.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

Domaschlong, Sep 28, 2016

2. Cannot set up PIN after Creators Update

I have the exact same problem.

No remove pin button, only add.

I get to type a new pin code, but after clicking OK, the dialog box just disappears.

No error message and no confirmation.

Only the Add-button. As if I didn't just add a pin code.

At restart the pin code option is totally missing.

I almost lost access to my computer, because I have used pin codes, and LastPass for a very long time, and thus nearly forgotten my password.

Hope this can be solved quickly.

Tresfjording, Sep 28, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Losing Log In

Hi

Up to a few days ago my laptop running Windows 10 ran really well, no issues what so ever.

Since upgrading from Windows 7 several months ago. I have logged into my laptop via a pin code and found this much easier.

A few days ago I noticed it would not install some updates, I cannot remember the error code, but I did look on-line for solutions, only official Microsoft ones, including some command prompts.

I then found I no longer had the option of using a pin code, this happened on opening my laptop one morning, it suddenly asked me for my Outlook password.

On pressing the pin code option I was asked to put in my Outlook password again, and then a wheel spun but the option never came up to add the code.

After reading on-line some more, I reinstalled Windows 10, but keeping my files and programs.

All went well, all updates installed and it says no more updates to install, so I thought I had solved one issues.

However, I still cannot use a pin code for access and now find on start up, I don;t even get the option to put in the password, just the log in screen picture, but no option to put the password in, I just have to restart.

I am running Windows 10 14393.222

Anybody any idea what could be the issues, worse case I can live without the pin code, although I prefer it to the password, but having to restart is getting frustrating.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Martin

MartinAlmond, Sep 28, 2016
Thema:

Cannot add a PIN to Windows 10, no error code

1. Cannot add a PIN to Windows 10, no error code - Similar Threads - Cannot add PIN

2. Cannot reate PIN, no error code is displayed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reate PIN, no error code is displayed: I have a new laptop and I´m using Windows 11 for the first time. When I turn on my laptop and try to sign in, Windows requests me to create a PIN. Every time I try to create the PIN I receive an error: Something went wrong, try again later. Different PIN combinations never...
  3. Cannot reate PIN, no error code is displayed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot reate PIN, no error code is displayed: I have a new laptop and I´m using Windows 11 for the first time. When I turn on my laptop and try to sign in, Windows requests me to create a PIN. Every time I try to create the PIN I receive an error: Something went wrong, try again later. Different PIN combinations never...
  4. Cannot add google accounts Error Code: 0x8007042b

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot add google accounts Error Code: 0x8007042b: Recently, I've been having issues with the Gmail school email that I've been using on my computer. The mail app hasn't been updating my mail for that account, and when prompted to fix it, I get an error message: "Something went wrong. We're sorry, but we weren't able to do...
  5. Cannot make windows hello pin code

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot make windows hello pin code: I used to use windows fingerprint sign-in option. However, after some update, I had to use my password only. (when I tried with fingerprint, it declined with an error message) So I deleted my fingerprint to resolve the issue. and if I go to PIN settings, it looks like I...
  6. How to add a pin to Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to add a pin to Windows 10: I have a new computer with windows 10 which automatically opens at start without requesting a pin. Could you lease let me know how to install a pin to open and lock the computer....
  7. Windows 10 cannot add PIN on domain pc /laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 cannot add PIN on domain pc /laptop: Hi Huys, The option to set a pin is greyed out on windows 10 desktop/laptop that is joined to a domain. I have a group policy set that allows the use of biometrics and turn on convenience pin sign in. Picture password works fine which is strange to me. Thanks,...
  8. Cannot add pin after update - asks for old pin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot add pin after update - asks for old pin: I recently installed the following updates: 1) Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 2) 2018-07 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4338832) Before the update I had a pin set that I used to login with. After...
  9. Cannot Add PIN to User Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Add PIN to User Account: I upgraded to v1607 and lost my PIN sign-in option. I went to go add my PIN back and the "Add" button did absolutely nothing. I looked on the Microsoft answers page and it said to delete the contents of the NGC folder, so I did that too. That did not solve the problem...
  10. Windows 10 cannot boot--No error code.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 cannot boot--No error code.: Hi I am having issues booting up Windows 10, I have tried doing a factory reset while keeping my files unfortunately I am unable to do that. I have also followed some advice from research and I have had no luck. Any help would be great, I just need to get my files off. 88203

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot add pin in windows 10

2. cannot add pin

3. can not add a pin in widows

4. cannot add pin to windows 10