Windows 10: Cannot add another User profile..

Discus and support Cannot add another User profile.. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I started a clean install yesterday and after today I am trying to install another user profile. I went to settings; Accounts; Family and other... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by rfrharbin, Nov 14, 2015.

1. rfrharbin Win User

Cannot add another User profile..

I started a clean install yesterday and after today I am trying to install another user profile.

I went to settings; Accounts; Family and other users; Add someone else to this PC; and all I get is "Something went wrong". Any ideas?

:)

rfrharbin, Nov 14, 2015

2. Windows 10 User Profile Service failed the sign-in

Trying to add new user profile, but msg "User Profile Service failed the sign-in" and cannot be loaded. Windows 10 loaded as upgrade + I have no other PC.

All the above "solutions" above are greek to me.

Why on earth is it not easy as pie to simply add another user??? SHEESH!

SkipWatson, Nov 14, 2015
  3. midspace Win User
    Windows 10 User Profile Service failed the sign-in

Have updated windows Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

I cannot add an account because of the

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in

User profile cannot be loaded"

message.

I don't have access to another Windows 10 installation.

This is my first upgrade.

I've tried the Windows 10 Repair, it doesn't appear to understand what is wrong.

Why do Microsoft make this so hard?

midspace, Nov 14, 2015
  4. rfrharbin Win User

I was getting the latest download that is in effect a new Version of Win 10. After I noticed this and let the update install all is well. The download process must have caused the problem.

rfrharbin, Nov 14, 2015
Thema:

1. Cannot add another User profile.. - Similar Threads - Cannot add another

2. Moving user profile to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving user profile to another drive: Hi,My daughter bought an HP Notebook 2GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC SSD because the price was ridiculously low, but after a couple of months she'd filled up C:\drive and the notebook was unusable. Of course the job of "fixing" became mine. No problem I though since it had a microSD...
  3. Moving user profile to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving user profile to another drive: Hi,My daughter bought an HP Notebook 2GB RAM, 32 GB eMMC SSD because the price was ridiculously low, but after a couple of months she'd filled up C:\drive and the notebook was unusable. Of course the job of "fixing" became mine. No problem I though since it had a microSD...
  4. Moving user profile to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot Rename User Profile Folder or File in Use by Another Program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Rename User Profile Folder or File in Use by Another Program: Logged on as Administrator and followed the procedures provided to Rename the Users/ Profile/ The process worked flawlessly on my Desktop. However when I followed the above procedure on my WIFI connected laptop and attempted to rename the Users profile on my Wifi Network...
  6. Cannot Add Another User--Windows 10 Home

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Add Another User--Windows 10 Home: Windows 10 Home, updated to latest update. I want to set up a separate administrator account and change my own account to a standard user account. I go through Settings/Accounts/Family & other users/add someone else to this PC/I don't have this person's login...
  7. Cannot create another user profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot create another user profile: I tried to create another user other than family, but when I click on other user, nothing happens. My windows is legit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-create-another-user-profile/2240b61c-82e7-4100-9b77-39c57026b36b
  8. Cannot add another desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot add another desktop: I have windows 10. When I go to 'task view' the add desktop+ is on the top (most instructions say its on the bottom). When I click on the add desktop+... I get my present desktop duplicated, all icons and all. The instructions say it ought to be blank. I'd like it to be...
  9. Linking another user profile path to the current user profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Linking another user profile path to the current user profile: Hi guys, A couple of days ago, I saw my friend being able to log in without password and I was eager to set it too so I went online to search for the way and end up going into win + r and type in netplwiz which brings up user account. I click on edit and accidentally hit on...
  10. How to Transfer User Profile to Another User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to Transfer User Profile to Another User: Is there a way to create a new users account on the same PC such that it will have access to the same program and document files as an existing users account? Local Users Administrator, DISABLED, Member of Administrators DefaultAccount , DISABLED, Member of Users Guest,...