Windows 10: Cannot add any accounts to Mail, Calendar or People apps

Discus and support Cannot add any accounts to Mail, Calendar or People apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I try to add an account to the Mail, Calendar or People apps I get a "Something went wrong" error, code 0x80070422. I have run sfc /scannow,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xtcrefugee, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Cannot add any accounts to Mail, Calendar or People apps

When I try to add an account to the Mail, Calendar or People apps I get a "Something went wrong" error, code 0x80070422.

I have run sfc /scannow, DISM /cleanup-image etc, tried stopping and starting the credential manager and setting it to start automatically, but no luck.

I came across a fix for the TP that involved using powershell to remove the package and then reinstall it from the store, but when I run this it appears to complete correctly but the apps remain installed. I also tried removing them as per this and then reinstalling them, but the problem remains.

Has anyone got any idea what's going on here? I really, really don't want to refresh as I've spent several days getting this set up!

:)

xtcrefugee, Aug 18, 2015

2. W10 Calendar Synching

Hey Felix, the mail, calendar and people apps are synced service from your online accounts. Add them in mail, calendar or people app settings.

So for example if you have any Outlook account for Microsoft account, set up your calendar, mail and contacts on it, add it to Mail in Manage Account settings and it will include your Calendar and Contacts (People) in those apps.

You can also any other Mail, calendar or Contacts you have in online or Office accounts and these will sync to those apps as you choose.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 18, 2015
  3. All modern apps don't work error message 0x08007054e

just recently - so I assume after some update - non of the modern apps - Calendar, People or Mail are working

Calendar - Open - there are no accounts - try to add an account - get error message 0x80040154

People - won't open at all

Mail - open - there are no accounts - try to add accounts - get error message 0x08007054e

Any ideas

Mike

Original Title: All modern apps don't work

mikeslovakia, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Cannot add any accounts to Mail, Calendar or People apps

paulsalter, Aug 18, 2015
  5. That was part of the reinstalling command I mentioned, and unfortunately didn't fix the problem.

xtcrefugee, Aug 18, 2015
  6. Well, apparently the fix was to enable OneDrive (I has previously disabled it by doing this), disable synchronizing with an internet time server in the Date and Time settings (Why?!) then add the account. Now it all works.

Don't you just love being a beta tester on a supposedly "finished" product like Windows 10? *Rolleyes

xtcrefugee, Aug 18, 2015
  7. grafcable Win User
    Have the same problem and can't find any solution to fix it.

grafcable, Nov 12, 2015
  8. grafcable Win User

Cannot add any accounts to Mail, Calendar or People apps

It didn't help

grafcable, Nov 12, 2015
  9. Thank you soo much!!
    Your workaround steps ended my 4 hours of misery trying to get this "wonderful" mail app working on a friends PC...
    It's concerning that months down the track from your post and I am seeing this on a fully updated machine.

greyshirtguy, Jun 6, 2016
  10. THANK YOU. I have been searching for a solution. Just reversed that fix you mentioned and it's fixed now. *Smile

amtojsingh88, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot add any accounts to Mail, Calendar or People apps

1. Cannot add any accounts to Mail, Calendar or People apps - Similar Threads - Cannot add accounts

2. app Mail cannot add Gmail account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    app Mail cannot add Gmail account: Hello, I have a problem with my app Mail, it cannot add a Gmail account. I tried to reset its setting, uninstall and reinstall it but it doesn't seem to work. But I can log in to my outlook app? The error code is 0x80080490 we couldn't find your settings. Can you help me fix...
  3. cannot add gmail account to mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot add gmail account to mail app: Whenever i try to add my gmail account it gives me this error message "Something went wrong, we couldn't find your settings, Error code : 0x80070490." I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mail app but it doesn't help....
  4. Mail App, People App and Calendar App

Mail App, People App and Calendar App: I posted this question in the mail section; maybe the wrong section as I got 0 replies; sorry for that. I am using Mail App, People App and Calendar App on my Microsoft Windows Home Edition 20H2 OS. In Mail I have 3 accounts: an Outlook.com account, an iCloud.com account and...
  5. Can't add calendars to Mail app

Can't add calendars to Mail app: Hi, I am using the Windows 10 Mail app. I would like to add a calendar to it. However when i go to Calendar -> Add Calendars not much happens. A blank page appears, the circle is running endlessly and there is no change. I am connected to the internet. I have restarted...
  6. Ghost account in calendar and people app

Ghost account in calendar and people app: I seem to have a weird issue here, I have "ghost accounts" in calendar and people apps. This seems to of happened after I reinstalled icloud a few months back. I have since uninstalled icloud which uses a different hex number that the one listed in calendar and people, I also...
  7. Cannot add account to calendar

Cannot add account to calendar: I am trying to add a Google account to sync my calendar but Windows 10 Calendar program gets stuck on "Creating account" once I enter my Google account information and accept the intrusive permissions. [ATTACH]...
  8. Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App

Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App: Hi I was logged on with my non admin account and tried to add a gmail account to Mail and Calendar app - error 0x8004005. Uninstalled app and downloaded and reinstalled. Same result Signed in with my admin account and same message. Tried to add a Microsoft account and got...
  9. Cannot Add new Accounts to People or Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Add new Accounts to People or Mail: When I click "Add" to add an account to either of these apps, I get no response. No error message, nothing logged in windows event viewer. I have rebooted and get the same result....
  10. Unable to add any accounts in Mail and Calendar Apps

Unable to add any accounts in Mail and Calendar Apps: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on a Sony VAIO laptop. I'm working through some issues but the one that is really annoying me is the inability to add any accounts to the Mail and Calendar apps. I have tried adding my Microsoft account as well as Exchange and other...