Windows 10: Cannot add Gmail account to Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot add Gmail account to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've tried using the Mail app, Calendar app and the Settings > Accounts page. All have the same result - I see the Google login screen very briefly,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by markjulmar, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Cannot add Gmail account to Windows 10

I've tried using the Mail app, Calendar app and the Settings > Accounts page. All have the same result - I see the Google login screen very briefly, then an error indicating that my network connectivity is bad (it's not), and once that is closed, I get an error code: 0x800b0109.

That error indicates some sort of certificate trust issue - but I can log into the same account with any of the browsers, including Edge. I've tried clearing the IE SSL state and I've looked at the certificates but I don't see anything wrong.

Any ideas? I'd really like to add my Gmail + Calendars + Contacts to this machine!

Thanks for any tips,
    Mark Smith

:)

markjulmar, Jul 1, 2016

2. trying to change microsoft account to gmail, it is not letting me.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; we cannot change Microsoft account to Gmail account and also we cannot use Gmail address as a user account on Windows 10. However, you can add your
    Gmail address with Microsoft account as alias and access your Microsoft account through the Gmail account.

To add your Gmail account with your Microsoft account as an alias.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/add-alias-account

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 1, 2016
  3. Cannot add gmail accounts to Windows 10 Mail

Cannot add gmail accounts to Windows 10 Mail, get message "Sorry something went wrong, Error Code: 0x8007042b, Get this immediately after selecting Google in the Choose An Account dialog box. Gmail accounts work fine on my other PC running Win 10 Mail.

Any help would be appreciated!

Ron

Ron - LynnSwerdfeger, Jul 1, 2016
Thema:

Cannot add Gmail account to Windows 10

1. Cannot add Gmail account to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot add Gmail

2. Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail: There are tons of pages worth of people asking this question, most of the solutions are the same and this does not work - maybe someone has figured this out more recently. I have IMAP enabled in my Google/Gmail settings, the problem is getting past the "add ann account" page,...
  3. Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail: There are tons of pages worth of people asking this question, most of the solutions are the same and this does not work - maybe someone has figured this out more recently. I have IMAP enabled in my Google/Gmail settings, the problem is getting past the "add ann account" page,...
  4. Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. app Mail cannot add Gmail account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    app Mail cannot add Gmail account: Hello, I have a problem with my app Mail, it cannot add a Gmail account. I tried to reset its setting, uninstall and reinstall it but it doesn't seem to work. But I can log in to my outlook app? The error code is 0x80080490 we couldn't find your settings. Can you help me fix...
  6. cannot add gmail account to mail app

cannot add gmail account to mail app: Whenever i try to add my gmail account it gives me this error message "Something went wrong, we couldn't find your settings, Error code : 0x80070490." I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mail app but it doesn't help....
  7. remove and add gmail account

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove and add gmail account: How do I remove and then add my gmail account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-and-add-gmail-account/7889e760-ddbf-4214-be2d-47bc3acc911f
  8. unale to add gmail account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unale to add gmail account: I am unable to add gmail account in the mail app. It showing the error code: 0x800b109 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unale-to-add-gmail-account/f344d305-cba5-46bc-a41d-6e3279c20f06
  9. cannot add my gmail account to mail app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot add my gmail account to mail app: I bought an asus ROG Strix G531GD_G531GD two days ago and has been not able to add my gmail account to the mail app. I enters my mail id, and then the password, then the otp received to my linked mobile and then a window pops up which asks to click on "AGREE'. After clicking...
  10. Can't add Gmail account to "mail" on Window 10

Can't add Gmail account to "mail" on Window 10: Hi, I am using Zenbook flip 15 and I have tried 4 solutions already (as shown below) and none of them worked. 1. The most common solution: advanced setting and typing imap.gmail.com:993 and smtp.gmail.com:465 2. enable IMAP on my gmail account 3. check if firewall...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot add gmail account to windows 10

2. cannot add gmail to windows10

3. cannot add gmail account windows 10

4. cannot add gmail to windows 10,
  5. cannot add gmail account to mail and calendar,
  6. windows 10 ver 1803 cannot add gmail account to mail app