Windows 10: Cannot Add new Accounts to People or Mail

Discus and support Cannot Add new Accounts to People or Mail in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I click "Add" to add an account to either of these apps, I get no response. No error message, nothing logged in windows event viewer. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by burkeden, Aug 4, 2018.

1. burkeden Win User

Cannot Add new Accounts to People or Mail

When I click "Add" to add an account to either of these apps, I get no response. No error message, nothing logged in windows event viewer. I have rebooted and get the same result.

:)

burkeden, Aug 4, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 4, 2018
  3. pallen38 Win User
    how to import people from Outlook.com to windows 10

Problem:
    · Had to restore computer to factory settings...lost everything. Found people at Outlook.com. Reinstalled Windows 10. Somehow that listing showed up in my computer's Windows 10 "people" app. But when start to list address nothing comes up automatically like before even thought the name I'm typing is in the People listing. Tried finding something like "Auto enter addresses" in settings, but see nothing. Any suggestions? I'd like to use my hundreds of people listed without having to look up and physically enter each one when I want to use it.

Suggested Solution:
    Open the "People" app and in the bottom left corner, click the gear icon
    Note the account name it is associated with
    Open the "Mail" app and confirm that under "Accounts" it is using the same

Resolution attempt:
    Opened people app, clicked on settings gear... two accounts listed Gmail & Cox (my isp), but not Outlook, which is one of the 3 mail accounts that are linked in my Windows 10 mail account. Tried to add an outlook account to people app using my email address and outlook password and tells me "account already exists". Still have to manually input any addresses. thoughts? Would "link profiles" or "share contact" options on individual listings help? thx

pallen38, Aug 4, 2018
  4. TedJones Win User

Mail and People apps show list of old accounts, how to remove them?

HI,

So one time I decided to use windows 10 manager mail and people backup tool and then when mail app started to act unresponsive I imported them back and since then I can't remove add/delete any old email accounts.. Where is this thing stored or how can I remove them?

Remove an account - Windows Help

and this
    People app help - Windows Help

Cannot add any accounts to Mail, Calendar or People apps

doesn't help since I cant access the accounts inside the app.. Enabling onedrive or this command didn't do anything either.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

All I see is this e.g. People app

Cannot Add new Accounts to People or Mail [​IMG]

Cannot Add new Accounts to People or Mail [​IMG]

By mail app just this error if i try to add any account as seen on the right picture. Its like they're burred deep inside the system and I just can't get rid of them to add them new again.

I reinstalled both apps and its still showing this list..

How can I remove these accounts?? Please help *Smile

TedJones, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot Add new Accounts to People or Mail - Similar Threads - Cannot Add Accounts

2. app Mail cannot add Gmail account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    app Mail cannot add Gmail account: Hello, I have a problem with my app Mail, it cannot add a Gmail account. I tried to reset its setting, uninstall and reinstall it but it doesn't seem to work. But I can log in to my outlook app? The error code is 0x80080490 we couldn't find your settings. Can you help me fix...
  3. cannot add gmail account to mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot add gmail account to mail app: Whenever i try to add my gmail account it gives me this error message "Something went wrong, we couldn't find your settings, Error code : 0x80070490." I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mail app but it doesn't help....
  4. Can't add new account to Contacts people

Can't add new account to Contacts people: Hi, I am trying to add a new account to People/Contacts but I keep getting an error message 0x80004005. It's an pop/imap account. Can someone help me please. cheers,...
  5. Can't add new email account to Mail

Can't add new email account to Mail: My hotmail account was linked to my mail app in Win10. I received a notification the it needed "fixing", however it was unable to fix itself. I was still able to receive mail and sign in on other devices. So I unlinked the account a planned to re-link it, however now when I...
  6. cannot add my gmail account to mail app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot add my gmail account to mail app: I bought an asus ROG Strix G531GD_G531GD two days ago and has been not able to add my gmail account to the mail app. I enters my mail id, and then the password, then the otp received to my linked mobile and then a window pops up which asks to click on "AGREE'. After clicking...
  7. Windows 10 Mail - Cannot Add AOL Mail Account

Windows 10 Mail - Cannot Add AOL Mail Account: AOL Mail stopped receiving emails on 8/4/18. Went to my account - Mail - then tried to click on my AOL Mail account it would not open for me to see if there were any issues. Next I contacted Microsoft Support and they scanned all system files & drivers and was not able...
  8. Cannot Add POP3 Account to Mail App in 10074

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Add POP3 Account to Mail App in 10074: I may be trying to do something impssible but when I try to add any one of several pop3 accounts I have with Cox.net I am told by the Mail App "I couldn't find info for that account." I tried doing this by opening the Mail App,Add Account, Other Account and then entering the...
  9. Mail app cannot add new account

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app cannot add new account: I am having trouble adding a new account to the Mail app (first account). I start the Mail app and choose Add Account. I then choose Outlook.com and I add my Microsoft account email information L: tr*****@msn.com (asterisks inserted here to protect my identity) and type in my...
  10. Cannot add any accounts to Mail, Calendar or People apps

Cannot add any accounts to Mail, Calendar or People apps: When I try to add an account to the Mail, Calendar or People apps I get a "Something went wrong" error, code 0x80070422. I have run sfc /scannow, DISM /cleanup-image etc, tried stopping and starting the credential manager and setting it to start automatically, but no luck....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms mail app cannot add accounts