Windows 10: Cannot add new users

Discus and support Cannot add new users in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello all, I made the jump from 8.1 to Windows 10. All user accounts and setting seem to have carried over nicely. However, I would like to add an... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jbowen, Aug 10, 2015.

1. jbowen Win User

Cannot add new users

Hello all,
    I made the jump from 8.1 to Windows 10. All user accounts and setting seem to have carried over nicely. However, I would like to add an additional account. In Settings->Accounts->Family & other users, there is the button for Add a family member and one for Add someone else to this PC. Both do nothing when clicked. There are no other error messages. I am signed in as an administrative account, and it is a Microsoft Account.

Any ideas? Where I could go to get an error message? Chrome is my default browser, I've wondered if setting it back to edge would solve the problem.

Thanks in advance!

:)

jbowen, Aug 10, 2015

2. Cannot add new Windows10 User

Please answer all four (4) questions by number:

1. Did the computer come with Win10 preinstalled or did you upgrade a Win7 computer or a Win8.1 computer [<=PICK ONE!] to Win10?

2. Has a Norton application or a McAfee application EVER been installed on the computer since you bought it?

3. Did a Norton free-trial or a McAfee free-trial [<=PICK ONE!] come preinstalled on the computer
    when you bought it? (Doesn't matter if you never used or Activated it.)

4. Have you ever run the Norton Removal Tool and/or the
    McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool
    ?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 10, 2015
  3. DougM62 Win User
    Cannot add new Windows10 User

Just upgraded to latest version of Windows10. Not able to add a new user account to my laptop that can successfully log-in. I can create the account, but when attempting to use the account for the first time the authentication process starts to log in
    and then abruptly signs out. The screen even says: Signing In....... Signing Out.

I have no issues with the primary Admin account on the device. How do I resolve this issue?

DougM62, Aug 10, 2015
  4. batlhilz Win User

Cannot add new users

it seems to be a bug, had this same, added 2 different accounts, no error messages, no nothing, i had to reboot and they appeared. login worked too but it was too retarded of me to understand, that the password is blank by default - so on the first login, you need to switch password and for some reason, you cant use empty password - which i hate cause my kids are 3, 7 and 9 using that computer

batlhilz, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

Cannot add new users

1. Cannot add new users - Similar Threads - Cannot add users

2. cannot add new user to my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot add new user to my laptop: I want to setup a new user account but when I go to set one up it is not allowing me to do it I am also have problems with updating apps on windows store this is why I want to setup a new user account and keep all my files and apps...
  3. cannot add new user to my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot add new user to my laptop: I want to setup a new user account but when I go to set one up it is not allowing me to do it I am also have problems with updating apps on windows store this is why I want to setup a new user account and keep all my files and apps...
  4. add a new user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    add a new user: HP Pavillion laptop, windows 10I want to add a new user to this laptop. This user does not have a Microsoft account. They don't want a Microsoft account. When I follow: Settings -> Accounts -> Family and other users -> Add someone else to this PC The dialog "requires" a phone...
  5. add a new user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add a new user: HP Pavillion laptop, windows 10I want to add a new user to this laptop. This user does not have a Microsoft account. They don't want a Microsoft account. When I follow: Settings -> Accounts -> Family and other users -> Add someone else to this PC The dialog "requires" a phone...
  6. add a new user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't seem to add a new user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't seem to add a new user: Hey there! I've started in a new school recently and we got our school account info, that we use for stuff like office 365 and generally getting into the school PCs. So I wanted to add that same user account into my PC, but I can't seem to figure out how. I'm running the...
  8. Cannot Add PIN to User Account

Cannot Add PIN to User Account: I upgraded to v1607 and lost my PIN sign-in option. I went to go add my PIN back and the "Add" button did absolutely nothing. I looked on the Microsoft answers page and it said to delete the contents of the NGC folder, so I did that too. That did not solve the problem...
  9. New install of Win10 - cannot Add New User

New install of Win10 - cannot Add New User: I had to give up on Upgrade and instead do a fresh installation. But I am STILL having problems. Cannot add a new user. When I click "Add another person to this PC" absolututely nothing happens. I assume this is not the intended behaviour. Seems to have happened a bit...
  10. Cannot add another User profile..

Cannot add another User profile..: I started a clean install yesterday and after today I am trying to install another user profile. I went to settings; Accounts; Family and other users; Add someone else to this PC; and all I get is "Something went wrong". Any ideas? 30055