Windows 10: Cannot add or delete email account in windows 10

Discus and support Cannot add or delete email account in windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have my hotmail account associated with Mail app in windows 10. I want to add my gmail account to Mail app but I just can't do it. When I click in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by soleil14, Feb 18, 2016.

1. soleil14 Win User

Cannot add or delete email account in windows 10

I have my hotmail account associated with Mail app in windows 10. I want to add my gmail account to Mail app but I just can't do it. When I click in Add an account in Mail app, nothing happens. I tried to click on Add an account in Settings --> Your email account, but nothing happens. I can't neither delete my hotmail account. When I click on Manage, nothing happens.
    What I can do to resolve this problem? I'm running windows 10 pro on a Dell XPS 13. Thank you!

:)

soleil14, Feb 18, 2016

2. How to delete my email address on my email app?

I'm frustrated already because I cannot delete my email address on Windows 10 email app. I tried going to the setting - accounts - email apps account and click on the email add I wanted to delete. When I clicked on manage it will display a window but it
    will automatically close down. I also tried going thru mail icon - right click on the email add I want to delete and click account setting, it manifest the same behavior, it will open a window but instantaneously the window will close. Please help!!!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Dan Arvin Sison, Feb 18, 2016
  3. [ Pete ] Win User
    Hotmail or Outlook app.

With Windows Phone 8, you cannot delete the mail app, but deleting accounts from settings->email + accounts will add a new "app" for that added email account.

It may be possible that you've managed to uninstall a pre-loaded app from your carrier/manufacturer, but it's one that I've never heard of.

As Jack says, simply add your Hotmail account details into settings->email + accounts and you will be able to add the account from there. A new mail icon will appear in your apps list.

[ Pete ], Feb 18, 2016
  4. sml156 Win User

sml156, Feb 18, 2016
  5. soleil14 Win User
    My problem is I cannot click on Add an account.
    I contact Microsoft support. They remote to my computer, delete and reinstall Maikl app but it didn't resolve the problem. They suggest me to do a inplace installation of windows.

Cannot add or delete email account in windows 10 [​IMG]

soleil14, Feb 19, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Instead of using the Media Creation Tool given to you by the MS Support, I suggest you use Tech Bench link to download the iso. Both of them are released by Microsoft, in case you wonder about the legitimacy of Tech Bench.

Tech Bench link to download Win 10 ISO file:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...brrWLRbagYCa0w

Please follow the instructions to download the iso and do an in-place install, also known as Repair Install.

scroll down to Select Edition > click the pointer at the right and select Windows 10 > click Confirm.
    click the pointer and select Language > make sure you pick the same language the computer is now using > click Confirm
    select the bit version, 32 or 64-bit. Make sure you select the same bit version as the computer is now running.
    at the bottom, click the pointer next to Save > click Save As > navigate to a folder of your choice > click the chosen folder > click Save
    The iso will start downloading to your chosen folder.
    When it is done, go to that folder > open the folder > right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe
    Installation will begin.
    It will allow you to keep you files, settings and apps.
    No product key is required.
    Activation will be automatic.

davidhk, Feb 19, 2016
  7. soleil14 Win User
    I tried to do an inplace installation with media creation tool and now the problem is even worst. Now my hotmail in mail app doesn't sync. I cannot sign in with a microsoft account to my computer. My problem is now similar to this topic:
    Cannot sign in to microsoft account in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Forums
    I tried to create a new uset but it didn''t help me to solve the problem.

soleil14, Feb 19, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

The only advice I can offer you is to do a Clean Install.
    Start fresh without and possible "baggage" carried over.
    Backup files you want to keep to an external device before you do the Clean Install.
    You will have to reinstall all the 3rd party programs you have.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

davidhk, Feb 19, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    soleil14,
    9 hours have passed. Just wonder if you have you tried a Clean Install or you found another method to solve your problem ?

If you have another way to fix the problem, I will be more than anxious to know.

davidhk, Feb 19, 2016
  10. soleil14 Win User
    I did not try to do a clean install because I need my computer for work . I will try a clean install later and you know if it fix the problem.
    Thank you!

soleil14, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot add or delete email account in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot add delete

2. Window 10, cannot add local account, cannot remove deleted Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10, cannot add local account, cannot remove deleted Microsoft account: Hi, asking regarding on windows 10. I use my university Microsoft account only no local account on my laptop and now it's already deleted. I was trying to create icon of recycle bin on desktop, trying using wallpaper setting and CMD method. I noticed CMD prompt denial but I...
  3. Window 10, cannot add local account, cannot remove deleted Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10, cannot add local account, cannot remove deleted Microsoft account: Hi, asking regarding on windows 10. I use my university Microsoft account only no local account on my laptop and now it's already deleted. I was trying to create icon of recycle bin on desktop, trying using wallpaper setting and CMD method. I noticed CMD prompt denial but I...
  4. Cannot add Yahoo email account to Windows 10 mail

Cannot add Yahoo email account to Windows 10 mail: I am trying to add my Yahoo email account to the Windows 10 mail app. I go into 'Manage Accounts' and click the 'Add Account' option.I receive the pop up window to add account. I select 'Yahoo!'.The 'Connecting to a service' window opens - showing the Yahoo! sign in window.I...
  5. Cannot add emails to Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot add emails to Windows: Hello, I bought a new Lenovo Ideapad 5 laptop and with pre-installed Windows, so I wanted to set my Outlook account, but I can't do it. When I go to Settings -> Emails and accounts ->Add an account, some loader shows and that's it. I cant log in even via MS Edge. I tried...
  6. Unable to delete or add any email account in Windows 10

Unable to delete or add any email account in Windows 10: i can't delete or add any email account in Mail app or in Settings. in mail app ,i opened "Manage Account" and click my mail account or click add account but nothinghappened. in settings too,i click add account but stillnothing happened. i tried to clear all data of the...
  7. Cannot add a email account, calendar

Cannot add a email account, calendar: Hi I cannot add email account hotmail, yaho,.googleto my window. What is wrong? I lick on add but the dialog box keeps closing..it is not activated.Pls advise.Thanks...
  8. Cannot add email accounts

Cannot add email accounts: Hi I’m just setting up a new system and have hit a problem, i can’t add any email accounts to the standard windows 10 app, when i hit the add account button all i get is a blue box appear with no options. I have reset the app but it makes no difference, anyone have any...
  9. Cannot Add an email account to Outlook

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cannot Add an email account to Outlook: I have used Outlook under Office 365 for years with little or no troubles. However, now I am trying to add a new POP email account from Cox.net but find that things have changed in the procedures I used in the past for doing so but I can't get it added to Outlook. Cox Webmail...
  10. Cannot Fix or Delete email account from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Fix or Delete email account from Windows 10: I get frequent alerts for 3 of my 4 email accounts that the account is out of date and needs to be fixed. I click the option to Fix the account and nothing happens. Going into the Mail app to attempt the same doesn't work either. Also cannot delete or update the account...