Windows 10: Cannot add 'Other User' Error message = this isn't MS account but is.

Discus and support Cannot add 'Other User' Error message = this isn't MS account but is. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello I have purchased an Insignia Tablet running Windows 10. I have set it up with my MS 365 account and everything went properly. When I tried to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by dwelch, Nov 14, 2017.

1. dwelch Win User

Cannot add 'Other User' Error message = this isn't MS account but is.

Hello

I have purchased an Insignia Tablet running Windows 10. I have set it up with my MS 365 account and everything went properly. When I tried to add a second user, as soon as I enter the email, I get "Looks like this isn't a Microsoft account. Try another email or sign up for a new one". But it IS a MS 365 Premium account just like mine, and it needs to be this email address because everything is tied into a workflow environment. How might I make this work?

Thx

Dave

:)

dwelch, Nov 14, 2017

2. adding family to MS account - win 10

I am trying to add my husband as a user on my MS account. In settings - accounts - family & other users - add child or adult - select add adult & type his email address which is a gmail account. I get a message that this isn't a MS account & to try another
    email (which he doesn't have or want) or to sign up for a MS account.

Is there no way to sign up with his GMAIL account?

If I have to create a MS account for him, what will that do for his other email settings? Right now outlook & the Win 10 email fetch his gmail. Will this all have to change to the MS account?

Thanks.

girlgonesailing, Nov 14, 2017
  3. Rizzoface Win User
    Windows 10 - Cant add any local or MS Account users

hi

I cannot add any local or MS accounts to my Windows 10 machine.

This machine is domain joined. I wanted to add my personal MS account as "other user" in settings but when i click it nothing happens. No error, no pop up..nothing.

Ive the GPO on the domain to see if MS accounts were being blocked in the Computer Policy but they are not.

Anyone else have this issue..So frustrating.

Rizzoface, Nov 14, 2017
  4. Cannot add 'Other User' Error message = this isn't MS account but is.

Hi dwelch. Welcome to the TenForums @dwelch

Started googling your issue (searched Looks like this isn't a Microsoft account Office 365). Some of the hits were old but the gist was they are validated differently.

You mention workflow so I imagine this is an organization and you might be using Active Directory so maybe this link applies.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...10itprogeneral

The symptoms seems very close. Do you have formal support with MS?

Maybe the above will at least point you in right direction. Another member may have a better solution.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 15, 2017
Thema:

Cannot add 'Other User' Error message = this isn't MS account but is.

1. Cannot add 'Other User' Error message = this isn't MS account but is. - Similar Threads - Cannot add 'Other

2. Other users trying to login without an MS account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other users trying to login without an MS account: After clicking other user, windows will not allow a basic windows account with a username and password that was set up under manage to log in. It insists on an email and PIN. How can I get around this....
  3. Other users trying to login without an MS account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Other users trying to login without an MS account: After clicking other user, windows will not allow a basic windows account with a username and password that was set up under manage to log in. It insists on an email and PIN. How can I get around this....
  4. Cannot remove nor add users or accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot remove nor add users or accounts: I have an email university account. I was having problems years ago with this account, so I clicked on a link that invited me to also use this same email address as a personal account. This worsened the problem but I couldn't delete the personal account.A couple years ago I...
  5. Cannot remove nor add users or accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove nor add users or accounts: I have an email university account. I was having problems years ago with this account, so I clicked on a link that invited me to also use this same email address as a personal account. This worsened the problem but I couldn't delete the personal account.A couple years ago I...
  6. Cannot remove nor add users or accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Win10-home: Cannot add user due to "Looks like this isn't a Microsoft account..."

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win10-home: Cannot add user due to "Looks like this isn't a Microsoft account...": I have my account and 3 other users that have been working fine. I added them all using their gmail acocunts. I want to add one more family member with her gmail acccount -- but for this one I get "Looks like this isn't a Microsoft account....". I know that MS wants users in...
  8. MS Account Error Message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Account Error Message: I keep getting a message that says "MS accounts require attention." When I click on it, I get another message that says "this service is not available at this time." How do I escape this nightmare?...
  9. Cannot get PC to add MS account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot get PC to add MS account: In going START-SETTINGS-ACCOUNT, the " add account" button is dead, and when I try to add a Microsoft account, I get the " just a moment" message and then the screen goes nowhere. I know for a fact the account email address and PW are fine, as it prompted me to use the sign...
  10. Cannot Add PIN to User Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Add PIN to User Account: I upgraded to v1607 and lost my PIN sign-in option. I went to go add my PIN back and the "Add" button did absolutely nothing. I looked on the Microsoft answers page and it said to delete the contents of the NGC folder, so I did that too. That did not solve the problem...