Windows 10: Cannot boot from CD

Discus and support Cannot boot from CD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying to wipe my hard drive with DBAN due to a trojan. I successfully booted from a CD but DBAN (from 2014) only ran 5 seconds, so I burned a CD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Neajneaj2009, May 27, 2016.

1. Cannot boot from CD

I'm trying to wipe my hard drive with DBAN due to a trojan. I successfully booted from a CD but DBAN (from 2014) only ran 5 seconds, so I burned a CD and a USB thumb drive with the latest version of DBAN. I cannot get the PC to boot from either device despite changing the boot orders and pretty much adjusting just about every option in the BIOS menu thru a tedious, unsuccessful trial-and-error process.
    Any advice is appreciated!
    Thank you.

:)

Neajneaj2009, May 27, 2016
  2. ptillery Win User

Reboot loop at 64%

Up grading from Windows 7 x86 to Windows 10 x86. Apparently interrupted. Now reboot loop at 64%. Cannot access USB or CD. Cannot access hard drive or command prompt. No keyboard clicks have any effect except Setup and Boot menu but will not boot from CD
    or USB. HP System Recovery F-10 does not work. Cannot access Advanced Startup Options (MS+X key). HELP!

ptillery, May 27, 2016
  3. C.Lowe Win User
    "Your PC needs to be repaired" After putting in new motherboard and graphics card.

Well now I'm trying to reinstall windows 8.1 on one of my hardrives that doesn't have windows installed. My issue now is I cannot boot it from a CD drive. It's plugged in and works but when I go into
    the BIOS and go to Boot I only get the option to boot from my hard drive and not the CD I have. Same motherboard TA970.

C.Lowe, May 27, 2016
  4. Cannot boot from CD

I'm not familiar with Dban, but are you sure that cd is bootable??

marcosdipaolo, May 27, 2016
  5. How can I tell? It's an .iso file. (DBAN is Darik's Boot and Nuke)

Neajneaj2009, May 27, 2016
  6. Okay, I figured out that .iso was not bootable, all good now! Thank you!

Neajneaj2009, May 28, 2016
  7. Glad you sorted things out

marcosdipaolo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Cannot boot from CD

1. Cannot boot from CD - Similar Threads - Cannot boot

2. Cannot erase an erroneous logon persona at boot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot erase an erroneous logon persona at boot: Have tried all suggestions in MS forums for Win 10. Tried posting in the correct forum, but was locked. I cannot remove a erroneous logon logo presented at logon. I can't find it to erase it. I've tried all suggestions from MS community plus other google searches. None work....
  3. Cannot boot, endless powering cycling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot boot, endless powering cycling: I built a new pc, worked great, I installed windows 11 and everything. The issue was I didn't have the partitions set as I wanted. I had to delete all he partitions even the one with the os and boot. Now my pc will just power on, then power off, then power on, then off...
  4. Cannot boot, endless powering cycling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot boot, endless powering cycling: I built a new pc, worked great, I installed windows 11 and everything. The issue was I didn't have the partitions set as I wanted. I had to delete all he partitions even the one with the os and boot. Now my pc will just power on, then power off, then power on, then off...
  5. Cannot Update Windows 10, Have Tried ISO and Booting from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Update Windows 10, Have Tried ISO and Booting from USB: Hello,I'm currently on Windows 10 version 1909 and have been trying to update to version 22H2. I cannot update to Windows 11 because PC Health Check says my processor, AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor, is not supported for Windows 11. I've tried several attempts to solve...
  6. Cannot Update Windows 10, Have Tried ISO and Booting from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Update Windows 10, Have Tried ISO and Booting from USB: Hello,I'm currently on Windows 10 version 1909 and have been trying to update to version 22H2. I cannot update to Windows 11 because PC Health Check says my processor, AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor, is not supported for Windows 11. I've tried several attempts to solve...
  7. Cannot Update Windows 10, Have Tried ISO and Booting from USB

8. Cannot boot windows from SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot boot windows from SSD: Every time I open my computer, I either get a blue screen or I am prompted to “reboot and select proper boot device”. A couple times, it has gotten to the windows login screen, but the computer would crash within seconds and show only a black screen. I had no issues with the...
  9. Cannot boot windows from SSD

Cannot boot windows from SSD: Every time I open my computer, I either get a blue screen or I am prompted to “reboot and select proper boot device”. A couple times, it has gotten to the windows login screen, but the computer would crash within seconds and show only a black screen. I had no issues with the...
  10. I can have secure boot on but I cannot have Windows 10 on then

I can have secure boot on but I cannot have Windows 10 on then: So, I have a problem that I cannot open Windows 10 when I have secure boot on, so I can't download Windows 11. I did check does my PC support Secure Boot and it said "No matches found" so how can I download Windows 11? + I have no devices that can download Windows 11.PC info:...