Windows 10: Cannot boot into Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot boot into Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello tenforums members, Every thing was very find untill I reset my BIOS of my tablet pc for some problem. After then I could not boot into my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bkarpuz, Jul 18, 2017.

1. bkarpuz Win User

Cannot boot into Windows 10

Hello tenforums members,

Every thing was very find untill I reset my BIOS of my tablet pc for some problem.
    After then I could not boot into my Windows 10.
    Every time I turn the tablet pc on, I face the following screen.

Cannot boot into Windows 10 [​IMG]

No matter what I choose, it shows up again.
    I also inserted my bootable Windows 10 setup USB,
    selecting it end up with the same result.
    Here is my BIOS settings.

Here is the picture of my motherboard and BIOS circut.

How can I boot into my Windows 10 again?

Thank you.

:)

bkarpuz, Jul 18, 2017

2. Cannot boot into Windows 10.

Hi Sipchen,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

I suggest you to perform startup repair from the Windows 10 installation disk and by following the steps from the link below.

Startup Repair is a Windows Recovery tool that can fix certain system problems that might prevent Windows from starting. Startup Repair scans your computer for the problem, and then tries to fix it so your computer can start correctly.

Startup Repair is one of the recovery tools in the System Recovery Options menu. This set of tools is located on your computer’s hard disk, and on the Windows Installation disc.

If you are on Windows 10, I suggest you to repair your computer by creating a Windows 10 Bootable media (i.e. USB or DVD) using
    Media Creation Tool. Once you're ready with Bootable Media, follow the below mentioned
    steps.

• Insert the Windows installation disc in the disc drive or connect USB media and then start the computer.
    • Press a key when the message Press any key to boot from CD or DVD appears.

If your PC does not detect the media automatically
      • During the restart process, read the screen for any instructions that explain how to interrupt normal startup and enter the basic input/output system (BIOS) setup utility. Most PCs use the F2, F10, ESC, or DEL key to begin the BIOS Setup.
      • Look for a tab in the BIOS Setup Utility that is labeled Boot Order,
        Boot Options, or Boot. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to go to the
        Boot Order, then press Enter.
      • Locate the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive (this might be called Removable Device) in the Boot list. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to move the drive up so that it appears first in the Boot list. Press
        Enter. The boot order sequence is now changed to boot from the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive.
      • Press F10 to save your changes and to exit the BIOS Setup Utility. Select
        Yes in the confirmation window. The PC will restart. Allow the PC to restart normally. The scan will take a few minutes and remove any malware that may be infecting your computer.
    • Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or another input method, and then click
      Next.
    • Click Repair your computer.
    • Click the operating system that you want to repair and then click
      Next
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. Select
      Advanced options from the window and click on Startup repair
      option.
    If the issue persist, I suggest you to perform System Restore
    under Advanced Options and follow with onscreen instruction to repair your computer.

Hope this helps!

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 18, 2017
  3. Cannot boot into Windows 10

Hi, Yash.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way.

I suggest that you try the steps below and check if issue persist:

Method 1:

• While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.
    • If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab of the Task manager and ending the task.
    If this resolves your issue, then follow the steps below to repair the corrupted resolution.

Step1: DISM

Follow the steps to Run DISM Commands:

1) Press Windows + x on your keyboard.

2) Select Command prompt (Admin) to open Administrator Command Prompt .

3) In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the Enter key after each command:

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Step 2: SFC scan

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Method 2:

If this does not work, use File, Run new task in Task Manager to start an Administrator CMD window. Use this to create a new administrator user with the following commands (changing “<password>” to something of your choice (choose):

net user test <password> /add

net localgroup Administrators test /add

This will give you a test user to try, which will confirm if the issue is user or system-specific.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 18, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

In the Bios under the Boot Tab, Move the Kingston drive to 1st boot device.
    If that fails, move Windows Boot Manager to first device,
    Save and Exit

spunk, Jul 18, 2017
  5. bkarpuz Win User
    I tried both, and did not work. I also tried it with my bootable USB stick and did not work either.

bkarpuz, Jul 18, 2017
  6. me75006 Win User
    Maybe toggle the UEFI and/or Legacy Boot settings.

me75006, Jul 18, 2017
  7. bkarpuz Win User
    Exactly, I believe I should turn on Legacy Boot but it is locked to be disabled as you will see in the third picture of my first post.

bkarpuz, Jul 18, 2017
  8. lx07 Win User

Someone in this post says they couldn't boot from external drive due to multiple "Windows Boot Manager" entries. Can you delete some/all of entries 13-16 in your boot priority list?

Multiple entries of in UEFI on Surface Pro 3

Not sure if this is possible or would help though.

9. bkarpuz Win User
    Maybe thats the problem but I cannot delete them since I can only move them up and down.
    In the post you provided, they talk about some script but I dont understand how I can run the script without being able to getting into Windows.

bkarpuz, Jul 18, 2017
  10. lx07 Win User
    No, you can't unfortunately. You'd need to be able to boot either Windows or from a USB.

Hopefully someone else has an idea. What model of tablet is it btw?

11. bkarpuz Win User
    It is an unknown brand, a domestic one, Exper EasyTab E2D-330.
    Exper EasyTab E2D
    On the webpage, they do not supply BIOS update.

bkarpuz, Jul 18, 2017
  12. lx07 Win User
    Did you try pressing the reset restart button? If that doesn't help I'm out of ideas I'm afraid.

13. bkarpuz Win User

Is Windows Boot Manager located in my SSD or BIOS? If it is in my SSD, I can connect it somewhere else and fix it I believe...

bkarpuz, Jul 19, 2017
  14. lx07 Win User
    Boot manager is on the SSD.

If you can disconnect the SSD that would be a good test - perhaps you could then boot from the USB...

15. bkarpuz Win User
    lx07, thank you very much.
    The problem is really multiple entries of Windows Boot Manager.
    The problem went away when I reinstalled my old 64GB SSD, which was previously in working condition.
    Now, I will use an SSD box for connecting my 128GB SSD to my PC at the office, and format and reinstall windows after saving my files.

Once again, thank you lx07.

bkarpuz, Jul 19, 2017
Thema:

1. Cannot boot into Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot boot

2. Cloned Windows 11 Hard drive gives kernel security failure error on boot, cannot even get...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloned Windows 11 Hard drive gives kernel security failure error on boot, cannot even get...: Just cloned a laptop hard drive using an external offline block cloner. The clone completes and when I try to boot the drive I get the Kernel security failure bluescreen.I have tried disabling bitlocker and recloning but no avail. If I connect the cloned drive to a PC via USB...
  3. Cloned Windows 11 Hard drive gives kernel security failure error on boot, cannot even get...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloned Windows 11 Hard drive gives kernel security failure error on boot, cannot even get...: Just cloned a laptop hard drive using an external offline block cloner. The clone completes and when I try to boot the drive I get the Kernel security failure bluescreen.I have tried disabling bitlocker and recloning but no avail. If I connect the cloned drive to a PC via USB...
  4. Cannot Enable Secure Boot On Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Enable Secure Boot On Windows 11: I'm trying to enable secure boot for Valorant. However, whenever I do try to enable it Secure boot on, standard mode and apply the updates, I just get a black screen that lasts for hours. The only way I'm able to get back into my PC is by unplugging my ssd, disabling secure...
  5. Cannot Enable Secure Boot On Windows 11

Cannot Enable Secure Boot On Windows 11: I'm trying to enable secure boot for Valorant. However, whenever I do try to enable it Secure boot on, standard mode and apply the updates, I just get a black screen that lasts for hours. The only way I'm able to get back into my PC is by unplugging my ssd, disabling secure...
  6. Cannot erase an erroneous logon persona at boot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot erase an erroneous logon persona at boot: Have tried all suggestions in MS forums for Win 10. Tried posting in the correct forum, but was locked. I cannot remove a erroneous logon logo presented at logon. I can't find it to erase it. I've tried all suggestions from MS community plus other google searches. None work....
  7. Cannot boot, endless powering cycling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot boot, endless powering cycling: I built a new pc, worked great, I installed windows 11 and everything. The issue was I didn't have the partitions set as I wanted. I had to delete all he partitions even the one with the os and boot. Now my pc will just power on, then power off, then power on, then off...
  8. Cannot boot, endless powering cycling

Cannot boot, endless powering cycling: I built a new pc, worked great, I installed windows 11 and everything. The issue was I didn't have the partitions set as I wanted. I had to delete all he partitions even the one with the os and boot. Now my pc will just power on, then power off, then power on, then off...
  9. Cannot Update Windows 10, Have Tried ISO and Booting from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Update Windows 10, Have Tried ISO and Booting from USB: Hello,I'm currently on Windows 10 version 1909 and have been trying to update to version 22H2. I cannot update to Windows 11 because PC Health Check says my processor, AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor, is not supported for Windows 11. I've tried several attempts to solve...
  10. Cannot Update Windows 10, Have Tried ISO and Booting from USB

Cannot Update Windows 10, Have Tried ISO and Booting from USB: Hello,I'm currently on Windows 10 version 1909 and have been trying to update to version 22H2. I cannot update to Windows 11 because PC Health Check says my processor, AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor, is not supported for Windows 11. I've tried several attempts to solve...