Windows 10: Cannot Boot O.S. Device Error xc000000e

Discus and support Cannot Boot O.S. Device Error xc000000e in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Today i connected another hard drive the motherboard , then when i tried to start my PC W10 didnt boot because there was a device Error, it said i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by foxslink, Jul 16, 2016.

1. foxslink Win User

Cannot Boot O.S. Device Error xc000000e

Hi,
    Today i connected another hard drive the motherboard , then when i tried to start my PC W10 didnt boot because there was a device Error, it said i had to put the installation image to repair it, so i did the fist step anyone would do, i removed all the data drives and left only the one with the OS connected and then it worked, i could boot normally, i wonder why i cant boot the OS when other drives are connected, is there a fix for this? i dont think its a BIOS issue because it usually selects the OS drive automatically. id appreciate your help.

PC specs:
    HDD: 2tb Seagate barracuda (W10), plus 1tb and 2tb of the same type
    GPU: Sapphire HD 7970 Dual-x 3gb GDDR5
    CPU: Intel Ivy bridge i5 3570k
    Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA1155
    RAM: Kingston Predator 8GB
    PSU: Corsair TX650M 650w 80Plus Bronze
    GPU Drivers: Radeon crimson 16.7.2 Hotfix
    Chipset Drivers: z77 chipset , version 10.1.1.8

:)

foxslink, Jul 16, 2016
  2. Stelpal Win User

USB Keyboard not working under windows 10

I had a similar problem. Usb mouse and keyboard didnt work at startup.Then I got error mess.

"usb device malfunction,not recognised by O.S"

When I boot my computer I couldnt get into Bios at all.I did a Bios reset to solve this problem.

Stelpal, Jul 16, 2016
  3. hp2009 Win User
    Software problem of asha 311

asha is runs on s40 o.s it cannot be upgraded to belle.

hp2009, Jul 16, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Where did you connect the other drives? The boot drive should be on the lowest numbered SATA port, usually 0.
    Chekc your BIOS/UEFI setup Boot sequence to see what it looks like with just the OS drive and with all drives connected.

Ztruker, Jul 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Cannot Boot O.S. Device Error xc000000e - Similar Threads - Cannot Boot Device

2. Continual I/O Device Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continual I/O Device Errors: Two complaints - one about the product, the other about this forum.At first it was only the external DVD drive that was being randomly disconnected and reconnected.Now the same thing happens to any or all of the USBs plugged into my external hub. At the same time another...
  3. Getting error on Windows 10 O/S

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting error on Windows 10 O/S: Hello,I have Lenovo Laptop with windows 10 O/S. When I turn on computer I am getting black screen & on top left corner of the screen it says, Checking media & after that quickly it says, Checking media failed.Then it goes to another screen with 8-10 lines of information. But...
  4. Getting error on Windows 10 O/S

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting error on Windows 10 O/S: Hello,I have Lenovo Laptop with windows 10 O/S. When I turn on computer I am getting black screen & on top left corner of the screen it says, Checking media & after that quickly it says, Checking media failed.Then it goes to another screen with 8-10 lines of information. But...
  5. O/S partioning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    O/S partioning: 1TB SSD mbr with 103 GB in use for the 2004 O/S and 827 GB free. A few basic queries, with the object to create a new partition for data, while leaving the O/S with ample room - perhaps 150-200 GB. The Win 10 disk management interface lists... Total 973 GB Available 591 GB...
  6. Help with I/O device error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with I/O device error: I'm trying to access a folder on one of my internal HDDs and am getting a 'location is not available' error stating "The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error." I know this means the drive is failing. It's been a bit dodgy for some time now....
  7. transfer O S

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    transfer O S: My dog knocked my tower down now my audio doesnt work machine is always running hot. I bought a motherboard cpu and case can I switch my hard drive and keep my O.S? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-o-s/44554b34-b498-4f2c-b34f-99257c15ec07"
  8. i/o device error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i/o device error: Since the latest Windows 10 update, I have had nothing but problems. My computer now only recognizes 1 of 3 external drives. If I unplug the one it recognizes, it shifts to a different drive. I get "I/O device error" on the other 2. It worked perfectly before the update....
  9. New o/s

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    New o/s: Has anyone tried the new o/s Download - OTTA systems 99831
  10. win10 o/s

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 o/s: I made a mistake and bought win10 home oem. Can I install then upgrade to home retail. I really do not want to go to the hassle of returning for the retail disk. 66786