Windows 10: Cannot browse upstairs PC from Downstairs

Discus and support Cannot browse upstairs PC from Downstairs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can see both Windows 10 PC's listed in Windows Explorer (under the Network tree on the left hand panel). I can browse both computers from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mel2000, Nov 19, 2015.

1. mel2000 Win User

Cannot browse upstairs PC from Downstairs

I can see both Windows 10 PC's listed in Windows Explorer (under the Network tree on the left hand panel).
    I can browse both computers from the upstairs computer.
    I cannot browse the (Ethernet wired) upstairs computer from my downstairs (wireless) computer.
    The upstairs computer first asked for my downstairs Windows login, which I gave, and I was able to browse my downstairs PC from upstairs.

There are two accounts on the upstairs computer and I can access both after entering their individual credentials. When I try to browse the upstairs computer from downstairs it prompts for the upstairs computer's username and password (for some reason the name of my downstairs PC is listed as the domain in the popup window). The username/password combo is rejected. I've tried every credential used on the upstairs PC but none are accepted.

I opened the Credential Manager and there are no Windows credentials listed on either PC. I added a credential to the upstairs PC but I still wasn't able to browse it from downstairs.

If I can't browse the upstairs PC from downstairs then I don't want the upstairs PC to be able to browse my downstairs PC. However, I can't find a way to retract whatever permission I gave the upstairs PC. Upstairs users have free reign to browse my User and Public folders.

I'd appreciate any help to allow me to access the upstairs PC or to force the upstairs PC to enter my credentials for access as before. Thanks.

:)

mel2000, Nov 19, 2015

2. View video on TV

Here is my problem :

My TV (Sony Bravia) is upstairs in the livingroom.

My PCs are downstairs, one running Windows8.1, one running Windows10.

All connected with cable-LAN.

Until last week, both PCs were running Windows8.1, and I could view

videos from both PCs on the TV.

But after I installed Windows10 on one PC (PC10), I cannot access videos on

that PC from the TV.

I know I can use "Cast to Device" on PC10, but that is not practical,

having to start the video on the PC10 downstairs and then rush upstairs

to watch the video on the TV.

JanSætnan, Nov 19, 2015
  3. more problems than i can count with windows 10

Not kidding about the other stuff. PS4 1TB downstairs, PS4 500GB upstairs, Apple TV downstairs, old Apple TV upstairs. Samsung TV downstairs, Samsung TV no wifi upstairs, ipad air 1 & 2, 2 older ipads not figured out what to do with yet, two galaxy note
    5's, another Samsung phone cant remember what model. 2 old HP laptops, 1 MacBook pro, 1 Kindle. May sound like a lot but when you think about it, probably similar to a lot of households when you've got enough people. None with any issues connecting to, or
    downloading stuff from wifi.

newuser1001, Nov 19, 2015
  4. mel2000 Win User

I was able to access the upstairs PC by entering its username syntax as follows:
    username = name_of_pc\account_username
    then entered password of that username account)

mel2000, Nov 20, 2015
Thema:

1. Cannot browse upstairs PC from Downstairs - Similar Threads - Cannot browse upstairs

2. Photos on Onedrive can be viewed but cannot be browsed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos on Onedrive can be viewed but cannot be browsed: Hi,Please see attached pic.On a Windows 10 machine local hard drive, photos can be viewed and browsed just fine with Microsoft default photos software.But when I copy the same folder to OneDrive - Photos can be viewed but cannot be browsed.Meaning, the right and left arrows...
  3. Photos on Onedrive can be viewed but cannot be browsed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos on Onedrive can be viewed but cannot be browsed: Hi,Please see attached pic.On a Windows 10 machine local hard drive, photos can be viewed and browsed just fine with Microsoft default photos software.But when I copy the same folder to OneDrive - Photos can be viewed but cannot be browsed.Meaning, the right and left arrows...
  4. Photos on Onedrive can be viewed but cannot be browsed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot browse or go to normal startup screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot browse or go to normal startup screen: I’m doing my own thing when my avast antivirus alerts me that it had successfully trapped a malware from a suspicous looking program. So, I look in the Task Manager that this “SAntivirus” was the problem, I cannot end its task for some reason I don’t know. I check its...
  6. New PC very slow browsing.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New PC very slow browsing.: Hi, I have a new PC (1 week) with 4GB ram - AMD Dual Core A4 and as it is sluggish with browsing I have done some speedtests with different Browsers and also the Win 10 App. My ISP is Virgin Media Up to 200 Mbps App: [ATTACH] Chrome: [ATTACH] Firefox: [ATTACH] Edge:...
  7. Would you read downstairs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Would you read downstairs?: Hello, i have a laptop with windows 10 and still have 30GB free and so i wanted to buy an external hard disk. My question is whether you can save programs/games on the external hard disk. Lest bitte unten?
  8. My PC stopped browsing

My PC stopped browsing: My windows 10 pc stopped browsing for some time now. It connects and disconnects withing seconds and when i check the connection status it reads, you are connected but cannot access the internet and at some other time it readsyou are connected to the internet, but it still...
  9. Cannot browse WORKGROUP shares

Cannot browse WORKGROUP shares: I have a relatively simple network that consists of a couple Windows 10 PCs, Android devices and Raspberry Pis. For some reason I cannot access the shares provided by the PIs from anything but the android devices. It says they are in WORKGROUP (using Kodi) but they simply...
  10. Cannot browse web.

Cannot browse web.: Hi, I'm having an issue with my browser not connecting to my internet. I have no issues connecting to my email, Skype or steam. I just can't connect to webpages like Google. I have recently updated to windows 10 (from windows 7) but for the first day and a half everything...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dont see downstairs computer on upstairs computer on windows 10 network