Windows 10: Cannot Burn to CDR after Reinstalling Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot Burn to CDR after Reinstalling Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I've read a lot of people have this issue but can not seem to find an answer that has resolved it for me. I have a HP Laptop that came with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by djt1972, Aug 13, 2018.

1. djt1972 Win User

Cannot Burn to CDR after Reinstalling Windows 10

Hi,

I've read a lot of people have this issue but can not seem to find an answer that has resolved it for me.

I have a HP Laptop that came with Windows 7 and was upgraded to Windows 10, The CDR burning worked fine with no issues.

Last week I decided for various reasons or Format and reinstall Straight Windows 10. Since then I have been unable to write to any CDR disks. I get the error below. Now I'm not doing anything different to what I was doing previously, I have tried with several CDR disks and get the same issue each time.

:)

djt1972, Aug 13, 2018

2. Burning Files To cdr

I tried to drag a .txt file to the burn list, as suggested above, but it will not drop in. I get a message "+add to burn list" but I cannot get it to drop into the burn list. Is there another step I am missing?

CathleenBaker, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Burning Files To cdr

Hi Duane,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you burn picture using Windows Media Player and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to burn pictures using Windows Media Player.

1. Press Windows + S, type Windows Media Player
    in search box and click on it to open.

2. Click on Pictures from the left navigation pane.

3. Locate the Burn tab on the top right of the media player.

4. To add Pictures to your Burn List, locate them in your Library. The easiest way to add Pictures is to drag and drop the album into the
    Burn List.

5. Click on the Start Burn button in the Burn
    tab.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Vardhaman Shetti, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Cannot Burn to CDR after Reinstalling Windows 10

Microsoft 10 Blank CDR is not recognized

I am trying to burn an audio cd (.wav files to a blank cdr), but when I click to burn the disc, the cdr is ejected from the drive and a window pops up telling me to insert a blank cd. I tried multiple brands of blank cdrs on both Windows Media Player and
    Power2Go burning software, and this continues to happen. I have a Pioneer BDR-211UBK Integrated BD/DVD/CD optical drive, and it does burn DVD and Blu-ray discs fine, just not CDR's for some reason.

How do I fix this?

Thanks - B

BrianKelley1, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Cannot Burn to CDR after Reinstalling Windows 10

1. Cannot Burn to CDR after Reinstalling Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot Burn CDR

2. Cannot reinstall Windows 10 after blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reinstall Windows 10 after blue screen: Hello, I have encountered a problem on my windows 10 PC which I am unable to fix and I need help. Below is what happened and what I have tried so far: It started when I opened multiple Twitch tabs on Chrome. My PC started freezing. After some seconds I entered the blue...
  3. burned audio cdr, disturbances/hitch playing mp3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    burned audio cdr, disturbances/hitch playing mp3: I have problems with disturbances/hitch playing burned mp3. I burned several audio cdr, at all cd is a disturbance/hitch or cd stopped at 30 minutes playing. On every burned cdr the disturbance is different, one time after playing 15 min. other time after our playing, with...
  4. burned audio cdr, disturbances/hitch playing mp3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    burned audio cdr, disturbances/hitch playing mp3: I have problems with disturbances/hitch playing burned mp3. I burned several audio cdr, at all cd is a disturbance/hitch or cd stopped at 30 minutes playing. On every burned cdr the disturbance is different, one time after playing 15 min. other time after our playing, with...
  5. Cannot burn a CD after Windows 11 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot burn a CD after Windows 11 Upgrade: Hi,I successfully burned a CD on 10th November, then upgraded to Windows 11 on 15th November. Now when I try to burn a CD it says Windows can't read the disc in Drive E. I have tried several different blank CDs all with the same result.Device Manager says the DVD/CD Rom drive...
  6. Cannot burn a CD after Windows 11 Upgrade

Cannot burn a CD after Windows 11 Upgrade: Hi,I successfully burned a CD on 10th November, then upgraded to Windows 11 on 15th November. Now when I try to burn a CD it says Windows can't read the disc in Drive E. I have tried several different blank CDs all with the same result.Device Manager says the DVD/CD Rom drive...
  7. Cannot finalize DVD after burning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot finalize DVD after burning: I burn either a DVD-R or DVD+R. I want to finalize/master the DVD such that noone else can add files to it. Thought this was done automatically if I say to use disc as CD/DVD vs USB, but I can add files to it no matter how many times I eject it....
  8. Cannot finalize DVD after burning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot finalize DVD after burning: I burn either a DVD-R or DVD+R. I want to finalize/master the DVD such that noone else can add files to it. Thought this was done automatically if I say to use disc as CD/DVD vs USB, but I can add files to it no matter how many times I eject it....
  9. Cannot finalize DVD after burning

10. WMP won't burn CDR discs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WMP won't burn CDR discs: I use Memorex CDR discs to burn my music from my computer. WMP will not burn the music, tells me to remove current cd and insert an empty one. That is what I am using. But WMP keeps rejecting my discs. what can I do to bypass this interruption?...