Windows 10: Cannot change account username/Win 10

Discus and support Cannot change account username/Win 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Heya guys, I cannot change my account username for windows 10. When I click on start I can go to my account name at the top right click on it, go... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Plainjane, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Plainjane Win User

Cannot change account username/Win 10

Heya guys, I cannot change my account username for windows 10.

When I click on start I can go to my account name at the top right click on it, go to change account settings the manage my account and change my name there, but it won't show on my start menu. I have my name changed in my account right now, but it wont change on my start menu.

I have tried the method of changing it through the run command "Netplwiz" as well, but it reverts back< LOL.

Everything is an uphill battle on this OS, I swear. Please help me.

edit

It changed just fine on my actual account, but on the start menu the change doesnt show. I logout, restart, shut down everything.

:)

Plainjane, Mar 31, 2016
  2. singhnsk Win User

When I post a new message for discussion the post appears by name ezreaderdocpdf

Usernames cannot be changed. You need to create a new Nokia account for that.

singhnsk, Mar 31, 2016
  3. VPN connection

I have a win 8 now just upgraded win 10 laptop. I have a router located in my office. This router has the option to allow a VPN connection. I have created a user account on the router. I set up the VPN on the laptop to have the same username and password.
    Now when I try to connect to the VPN it asks for me to enter in the username and password which I do. It goes away and comes back with a different Login screen displaying my Microsoft account credentials which I cannot change and asks for a password. I don't
    want to login as my Microsoft account I want to login as the credentials I specify.

It did work once before as I have used it to login whilst on the road with my phone connection but for some reason it has stopped. I hadn't changed any settings. Unless it is due to an update.

StuartWardale80, Mar 31, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User
  5. Plainjane Win User
    Hey arc my apologies, I meant to say Username.

I can change it in my actual account, but it wont change in my start menu. Even when i manage to change it via the method using the "Netplwiz" run command it changes back after the first log in.

Plainjane, Mar 31, 2016
  6. Plainjane Win User
    Okies, never mind guys I figured a work around.

I made another throwaway account, Set it as administrator, logged out of my main account and into the trash one and that triggered my main account to change.

Plainjane, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot change account username/Win 10

1. Cannot change account username/Win 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot change account

2. Change username for microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change username for microsoft account: Hi There,Is it possible to fix my username under my Microsoft account?Whenever I log into a new laptop/computer using my email/Microsoft account my username is incorrect:C:\Users\boran - it should be C:\Users\borange>How do I fix this?...
  3. Change username for microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change username for microsoft account: Hi There,Is it possible to fix my username under my Microsoft account?Whenever I log into a new laptop/computer using my email/Microsoft account my username is incorrect:C:\Users\boran - it should be C:\Users\borange>How do I fix this?...
  4. How to change username of logged in account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change username of logged in account.: Please Read Hello Everyone! I bought a PC from a seller. And he had an account logged-in in the PC. There is no password. And his username is displayed everytime I turn on my PC. I couldn't find anyway to change it. Please help if there is anyway to do so....
  5. Change account username for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change account username for Windows 10: I have the only account on my PC. It is a Microsoft account, not a local account, with BitLocker enabled. I have discovered that my username in file explorer and in file paths are the first five letters of my email address linked to my Microsoft account. I want to change...
  6. Changing local account username in Windows 10

Changing local account username in Windows 10: Hi All, I would like to change my local windows account in windows 10 home. but strangely I do not see any option. Dont think it is an advance setting for it to be so hard to find. I am only seeing "sign in to microsoft account" under Account settings. Please let me...
  7. Change username in Win 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change username in Win 10: Hi (How) Can I change that annoying 5-letter username? The only solution I found so far is to set up the computer with a local, not a Microsoft account, but it's too late for that. And starting from scratch would be a massive pain in the ass. So is there any other way?...
  8. Changing the Windows 10 truncated local account username

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing the Windows 10 truncated local account username: This has been discussed before, however, for some strange reason it was closed before a solution was posted. After the Windows 7 May security update, my system bit the dust. So, I purchase a copy of Windows 10, USB version from Amazon. ISSUE: Windows 10, version 1809...
  9. How to change Microsoft account username?

How to change Microsoft account username?: I recently installed a fresh version of Windows and set it up with my Microsoft account instead of a local account. Now the username for the computer is the first portion of my email. Is there a way to change the actual username where all the folders and registry information...
  10. change admin username account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    change admin username account: hello.a few months ago my brother install win 10 to my laptop.i don't know which name choose but in user folder i see in user folder in admin folder account the user name ''nikol''.yesterday i reinstall win 10 using media creation.i choose during installion a different...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot change the info in microsoft account

2. windows 10 local account name cannot be changed

3. cannot change user name on windows vs.1903

4. windows 10 cannot change username,
  5. i reinstalledwindows and it changed my account name