Windows 10: Cannot Change Administrator Settings

Discus and support Cannot Change Administrator Settings in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; CP - User Acounts: Can't change to 'Administrator' from 'Standard' Although User is considered 'Administrator' the User Account indicates 'Standard'... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by emeth, Aug 3, 2015.

1. emeth Win User

Cannot Change Administrator Settings

CP - User Acounts: Can't change to 'Administrator' from 'Standard'

Although User is considered 'Administrator' the User Account indicates 'Standard' and cannot be changed to 'Administrator'

:)

emeth, Aug 3, 2015
  2. GordonB-P Win User

Cannot Change Administrator

You REALLY REALLY should re-set the machine if you are selling it.

Why would you not want to?

GordonB-P, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Cannot Change Administrator

I am selling my laptop and not wanting to necessarily reset the computer...when I got to User Accts to change the admin, I click on Manage my Microsoft Account and nothing happens!

RaquelPerez1, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Emeth, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Is this for the built-in "Administrator" account, or some other account?

For now, you might see if you may be able to use an option in the tutorial below change the account type.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Aug 3, 2015
  5. emeth Win User
    Not built in Admin Account just User Accounts

Both User Accounts are considered 'Administrator', however if you go to the CP- User Accounts, and select a User, and 'Change Account Type', it will show that the User Account is 'Standard'.

If you try to change it to 'Administrator', the dot changes to the 'Administrator', however the 'Change Account Type' is grayed out and you cannot make the change.

emeth, Aug 3, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It sounds like it's already an administrator.

Use the command below from OPTION FOUR above to see if the account's name is listed as an administrator to be sure.

net localgroup administrators

Brink, Aug 3, 2015
  7. emeth Win User
    Thank you, it appears that the Users are considered 'Administrators'.

emeth, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot Change Administrator Settings - Similar Threads - Cannot Change Administrator

2. my husband changed to administrator and cannot logon

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my husband changed to administrator and cannot logon: my husband changed himself as administrator and cannot logon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-husband-changed-to-administrator-and-cannot/58eafc04-6574-453c-b0fd-5ab1dad4e814
  3. my husband changed to administrator and cannot logon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my husband changed to administrator and cannot logon: my husband changed himself as administrator and cannot logon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-husband-changed-to-administrator-and-cannot/58eafc04-6574-453c-b0fd-5ab1dad4e814
  4. Administrator Settings: Changing Core Isolation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator Settings: Changing Core Isolation: I need to download an exam software for school. To successfully use the program I must change the core isolation settings on my Microsoft Surface Pro 8. However, when I go to device security settings to change the toggle it reads, "This setting is managed by your...
  5. Administrator Settings: Changing Core Isolation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Settings: Changing Core Isolation: I need to download an exam software for school. To successfully use the program I must change the core isolation settings on my Microsoft Surface Pro 8. However, when I go to device security settings to change the toggle it reads, "This setting is managed by your...
  6. Can't make any Administrator setting changes as Administrator

Can't make any Administrator setting changes as Administrator: I am logged in on my Administrator account on Windows 10, however if I click the ''Run as an Administrator'' option on any program such as Steam.exe I get the error '' Windows Cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to...
  7. cannot change administrative password.

cannot change administrative password.: In setting up a brand new computer, I did not set up an administrative password nor was prompted to add security questions. Now I want to change the admin pw, but don't know what it is. It is not my Microsoft account password. The "reset password" instructions don't work...
  8. cannot change accounts or login as administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot change accounts or login as administrator: Can only login with one account. Cannot access other accounts or sigin as administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-accounts-or-login-as-administrator/8677c47e-4b7b-4805-b7ad-fc2da8a3a79a
  9. Cannot acces administrative settings on settings application

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot acces administrative settings on settings application: Hello. I am not able to access "language bar options" or "administrative language settings on the settings application. is this because I am not accessing the settings app as an administrator? I am on an administrator user on the computer. Why does this not work?...
  10. Cannot change timezone / Insufficient Administrator rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change timezone / Insufficient Administrator rights: Hi, My Windows 10 (build 1803) is stuck in the wrong timezone and I am unable to change it via Windows Settings. If I try to go via the old configuration screen (Date/Time) I get a message that I have to contact my administrator. I am the only user on this pc and I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cannot change the administrator settings