Windows 10: Cannot change apps windows position/size and have it stick

Discus and support Cannot change apps windows position/size and have it stick in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I open any app part of the window is off screen. I cannot change apps windows position/size and have it stay. Windows 10 latest. Microsoft has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jharris402, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Cannot change apps windows position/size and have it stick

When I open any app part of the window is off screen. I cannot change apps windows position/size and have it stay. Windows 10 latest.

Microsoft has to fix this!

:)

jharris402, Aug 6, 2018

2. Windows 10 apps do not remember size and position on relaunch

OK, so I just found a workaround.

• Open the app and position and size it on monitor 2
    • Move the app to monitor 1
    • Close the app
    • Relaunch the app, it should retain its size and position on monitor 1
    • Move the app to the desired position on monitor 2
    • Relaunch the app and all should be green
    Let's just hope it continues to work on reboot.

SeanMann_NaplandGames, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Saving windows position

Hi Christoffer,

I've tried to replicate what you want to achieve. I tested a few Windows apps (Weather app, Paint app, and Skype app) and I was able to set the size and the position of each app. When I close and open an app, it opens right where I placed its floating window.
    You may follow these steps:

• Open an app or a program.
    • Resize its window according to your preferrence.
    • Right-click on the upper-left hand corner of the app or program window, then click
      Size to lock the window size.
    • Move the window to your desired position.
    • Right-click again on the upper-left hand corner of the app or program window, then click
      Move to lock its position.
    • Close the app or program and then relaunch it.

Please let me know how it goes for you so I'll be able to further check on this in case the above steps won't help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Cannot change apps windows position/size and have it stick

how do i change the font size?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the font size and check if it helps.

• Go to settings and click on system.
    • Under display tab there's a slider on this page that you can use to change the size of text, apps and other items.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

Cannot change apps windows position/size and have it stick

1. Cannot change apps windows position/size and have it stick - Similar Threads - Cannot change apps

2. Open app with defined window size and on defined position

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open app with defined window size and on defined position: Hello,how can be possible in Win10 and Win111. Open app with defined window size only an example: open MS Word with window size x700,y600,2. Open app to defined position on desktop only an example: Open MS Word app left top corner to desktop position x20,y10,3. It are...
  3. Open app with defined window size and on defined position

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open app with defined window size and on defined position: Hello,how can be possible in Win10 and Win111. Open app with defined window size only an example: open MS Word with window size x700,y600,2. Open app to defined position on desktop only an example: Open MS Word app left top corner to desktop position x20,y10,3. It are...
  4. Open app with defined window size and on defined position

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Screen position/size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen position/size: I am working on replacing an arcade screen with a 43inch flat screen but my issue is after setting the orentiation some of the bottom (left side) will be hidden by the cabinet i need to set the screen position so that the screen is inside my glass frame but I cannot find any...
  6. Window Size and Position

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window Size and Position: I might already have a thread about this. An application window will have a given size and position upon initial installation. I have a window which has had both changed since its initial installation. I want to restore the original values. I tried uninstalling it and...
  7. window size and position

window size and position: HOW IS IT THAT WINDOWS10 CANNOT REMEMBER THE SIZE AND POSITION OF AN OPEN WINDOW/APPLICATION AFTER IT HAS BEEN CLOSED AND THEN RE-OPENED? I've done a quick search that revealed that previous versions of Windows have had the same issue with the system failing to do the...
  8. I cannot change to landscape position

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot change to landscape position: My desktop icons are now in the upright position and When I right click on my desktop to get to the display settings and click on Landscape or Portrait I get only Landscape flipped or Portrait flipped and not Portrait how can I resolve this problem please help me Thank you...
  9. Size and position of display pages changes on restart

Size and position of display pages changes on restart: I like to adjust the size and position of things I open in Microsoft 10 Windows. Previously, when the computer restarted for whatever reason, the display opened with everything as it had been set before restart. Lately, on restart, anything I have open is stacked on the left...
  10. App size/position

App size/position: Hi, I recently had a problem with my PC where I had to reset it and I took a photo of my desktop so I can re download everything.[ATTACH] As you can see the icons are miss aligned. Does anyone know a fix to this?...