Windows 10: Cannot Change Default App Download Location, Build 14393.187

Discus and support Cannot Change Default App Download Location, Build 14393.187 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm currently trying to download Forza Horizon 3, but the only problem is that I only have ~25GB left on my SSD C: drive. When I go into the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AnEffinWookie, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Cannot Change Default App Download Location, Build 14393.187

I'm currently trying to download Forza Horizon 3, but the only problem is that I only have ~25GB left on my SSD C: drive. When I go into the system settings and try to change the default save location for Apps, it will let me choose my E: drive, but as soon as I hit apply it just reverts to the C: drive. It let's me change the locations for all of the other options, but as soon as I try to change the locations for Apps it just resets all other save changes I've made.
    After a bit of searching for a fix to this I discovered that the Store will ask you where you want to download something if the download is large enough. This is perfect except every time I try to download Forza and choose my E: as the download location, the Store just crashes. No error codes or anything.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

AnEffinWookie, Sep 24, 2016
  2. BURRandt Win User

Windows Default Apps

I accidentally put my .7z file default app to adobe reader, so when I download zipped files they are pdfs. The ones I already had downloaded are opened in "Windows Explorer". However, I try to change the default app to this but I cannot locate Windows
    Explorer" in the default apps. Is there a way to change it so that the files open the way they used to before I accidentally changed the default app? Or is there a way to make the default app Windows Explorer? I have Windows 10.

BURRandt, Sep 24, 2016
  3. Jiro Del Win User
    Can't Change Default App Download Location + Store Crashing When Trying to Download to Non-Default Drive

Can you tell us the status of your Windows Store?

I made a Gyazo gif to show you
    exactly what the Store is doing.

Have you tried to reset the store cache? If not, here's the steps

• Reset the Store cache:
      • Press Windows + R keys to open the run command box.
      • Type WSReset, then try launching Store and sign in.

Jiro Del, Sep 24, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Cannot Change Default App Download Location, Build 14393.187

dalchina, Sep 24, 2016
  5. Neither of those worked. I appreciate the suggestions.

6. dalchina New Member
  7. Nope. Still does the same thing. I change it to my E: drive and as soon as I hit apply it reverts back to my C: drive.

Is there a way to reinstall Windows while keeping all of my apps? I know you can keep settings and all of my games are on my E: drive, but I have a lot of apps I would need to re-download.

8. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Sep 24, 2016
  9. Okay. Thank you for the help.

AnEffinWookie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot Change Default App Download Location, Build 14393.187 - Similar Threads - Cannot Change Default

2. Cant change default app location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant change default app location: I Recently installed windows on my new SSD, and i am trying to change my default install location to my D drive, but it keeps giving me error code 0x80070005. I've followed a rabbit hole of fixes and tutorials on user permission changes, sharing setting and command prompt...
  3. Cant change default app location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change default app location: I Recently installed windows on my new SSD, and i am trying to change my default install location to my D drive, but it keeps giving me error code 0x80070005. I've followed a rabbit hole of fixes and tutorials on user permission changes, sharing setting and command prompt...
  4. Cant change default app location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing default app location.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing default app location.: I have Game Pass and want to install a few games, however, when I choose to change the default app location in Windows it mentions it will have to remove existing apps on the other drive. C: Is my OS Drive and has all my game modifications on it, D: However is for Steam and...
  6. Changing default app location.

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing default app location.: I have Game Pass and want to install a few games, however, when I choose to change the default app location in Windows it mentions it will have to remove existing apps on the other drive. C: Is my OS Drive and has all my game modifications on it, D: However is for Steam and...
  7. Can't change default apps location

Can't change default apps location: Trying to download games from xbox game pass, horrendously designed and it needs me to change my default apps saving point for some reason cause you're still living in 2003, won't let me do that just keep getting these errors [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  8. Changing default save location for apps

Changing default save location for apps: Problem: Changing default drive for new content. Attempting to change from C to D drives primary to secondary drives First message: Delete other apps? This drive has apps from another device, to use this drive delete them. Click yes, Error code 0x80070005 comes up. I have...
  9. Running build 14393

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Running build 14393: When will it update to the newer build or has MS stop that? 87256
  10. Stuck on build 14393: cannot update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stuck on build 14393: cannot update: I am on build 14393 and I am trying to update to 14905 or 14915, but when computer restarts after trying to update I get a message that windows is rolling back to previous version (my version 14393), without making the update. I tried through windows update, i tried also...