Windows 10: Cannot Change Default Playback Device

Discus and support Cannot Change Default Playback Device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I did a fresh install of windows 10 pro from windows 7 and I'm already starting to hate myself. I open the playback devices tab under sound and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zwindle, Jun 16, 2016.

1. zwindle Win User

Cannot Change Default Playback Device

I did a fresh install of windows 10 pro from windows 7 and I'm already starting to hate myself.

I open the playback devices tab under sound and click on my Siberia v2 illuminated headset and click set as default device and it does nothing. I can't disable my speakers or my headset. Extremely frustrating because I'm sure there's a simple solution surely.

:)

zwindle, Jun 16, 2016
  2. NavazKhan Win User
    NavazKhan, Jun 16, 2016
  3. JoeHawk10 Win User
    Sound stopped working

Fixed the problem myself. Changed the default playback device. There are three playback devices , one works. Don't know how the device got changed because I never changed it.

JoeHawk10, Jun 16, 2016
Thema:

Cannot Change Default Playback Device

1. Cannot Change Default Playback Device - Similar Threads - Cannot Change Default

2. Unable to set default playback device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to set default playback device: Hello! I have installed VB Virtual audio cable to be able to change my voice through fl studio and into Discord. After which everything was working fine, until the next boot-up of my PC. I have no sound playing and after looking into it, I realised that Windows detected VB...
  3. Select playback device doesn't change the default communication device.

Select playback device doesn't change the default communication device.: I often switch between my headset and the monitor for audio, and while this is simply done for most applications by clicking the volume icon in the taskbar and changing devices, this only changes the default audio device, not the default communication device. This becomes a...
  4. Is there a way to change the volume level of a playback device that's not the default one...

Is there a way to change the volume level of a playback device that's not the default one...: I am pretty sure that the title is very descriptive, and shows what i want to achieve without a description. However i also know that some of you are curious why i would want to do that, well here's the (short) story behind it: Basically i am a Youtube and Twitch content...
  5. Change Playback Device For Recording As Headset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Playback Device For Recording As Headset.: Whenever I use my Game DVR and record something on my Windows 10 computer the audio playback is picking up my voice from my monitor and NOT my headset, how do I get it to playback from my headset microphone? ***Changed Original Title From: Capture Voice Problem***...
  6. Change default playback in Windows Movies & TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default playback in Windows Movies & TV: So there is no sound in Windows Movies & TV (or Windows Media Player), however there IS sound in other players like VLC. That was one issue that bothered me in 2 weeks now. Until I found a solution. Next to the Speaker icon, there is another icon with some settings for...
  7. How to set an app to use Default Communication Device instead of Default Playback device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to set an app to use Default Communication Device instead of Default Playback device: In my Windows 10 system, I have multiple audio devices. Ex: TV as HDMI monitor, USB Speakers, Headset connected to the front panel Headphone/Mic ports. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Most applications use the Default Playback device (currently set to USB Speakers as indicated by the...
  8. cannot change default sound device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot change default sound device: i'm trying to play music through a bluetooth speaker. both the speaker and my laptop say that they are connected, but sound is only coming from the laptop speakers. so i check the default sound devices to see what's up, and i get this: [img] i am unable to check any...
  9. Windows 10 and Playback Sounds device defaults

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 and Playback Sounds device defaults: My DELL laptop with Win10 is usually coupled to a HD Monitor with speakers. When I disconnect it and go mobile, Win10 doesn't automatically find and default to the laptop's own speakers??? Any ideas please how to get Win10 to handle this? 50797
  10. Change Default Audio Playback Device in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Audio Playback Device in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Audio Playback Device in Windows 10 How to Change Default Sound Output Device in Windows 10 The default audio playback device is the device that Windows uses to output (play) sound. When you connect speakers, headphones, Bluetooth headset, or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can not change playback device