Windows 10: Cannot change display after upgrade from Win 7 ...

Discus and support Cannot change display after upgrade from Win 7 ... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Toshiba Satellite (P755-S5215) and the resolution is "squeezed" ... from top to bottom. In addition, I cannot change the resolution. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AshleyQuick, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Cannot change display after upgrade from Win 7 ...

I have a Toshiba Satellite (P755-S5215) and the resolution is "squeezed" ... from top to bottom. In addition, I cannot change the resolution. I currently have a "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" showing in Device Manager.

Should I get the latest Intel Display driver from the Toshiba Support site? ... which is from 2013 and just over 300 mb (why so large)?

:)

AshleyQuick, Aug 12, 2015

2. Monitor not working after upgrade to Win 10

After upgrading from Win 7 to 10 my monitor stopped working. Note on monitor says "Cannot display this video mode--Optimum resolution 1280 x 1024 60Hz". Does this mean that I need to buy a new monitor in order to use Win 10? Or is there some work around?

RodneyBittick, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Not enough memory or disk space Outlook cannot display the requested font

I have the same problem as Stephen with an upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10. Calendar is fine but the
    Mail reader pane doesn't display properly after clicking on the message at start up of
    Mail. "There is insufficient memory or disk space, cannot display the requested font."

Fonts looks fine in the control panel. I have Win 10 video drivers installed. There is plenty of available RAM and disk space in Task Manager. Online in Outlook.com using Edge things display fine.

Mail works fine on my Win 10 laptop upgraded from 8.1.

enttaeuscht, Aug 12, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

Cannot change display after upgrade from Win 7 ...

I think that you have the right idea.

Your CPU has Intel HD3000 graphics, so the latest download from them is:

Intel Download Center

They support Windows through 8.1. Ought to work. Whether they're better than Toshiba's latest, I don't know.

bobkn, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

Cannot change display after upgrade from Win 7 ...

1. Cannot change display after upgrade from Win 7 ... - Similar Threads - Cannot change display

2. Upgrading from Win 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from Win 7: Hello. I am trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 or 11. I get to the download tool and when I try to open it, I get an error code. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-win-7/33a030e5-ec18-4d25-8168-f0f73e62b8e3
  3. Upgrading from Win 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Win 7: Hello. I am trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 or 11. I get to the download tool and when I try to open it, I get an error code. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-win-7/33a030e5-ec18-4d25-8168-f0f73e62b8e3
  4. Upgrading from Win 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Restore After Upgrade From Win 7 To Win 10

Restore After Upgrade From Win 7 To Win 10: The question is about performing a system restore after upgrading to Windows 10 from 7. If one: Upgrades to Windows 10 THEN performs a system restore ... will the system restore with Windows 10 or will it revert back to an earlier version, in this case Win 7? If it...
  6. BSOD after upgrade from win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after upgrade from win 7 to win 10: I have a pc I built myself that's been running on windows 7 without any issues whatsoever. I've left this pc on for a week at a time without a bluescreen or even shutdowns. Ever since I've upgraded to windows 10, I've been getting store exception errors every day or two....
  7. Upgraded from Win 7

Upgraded from Win 7: I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 via the free upgrade a few years ago. Do I need to keep my original Win 7 installation disks & Product key? 131586
  8. Re-activation after motherboard change on a Win 10 with the free upgrade from win 7

Re-activation after motherboard change on a Win 10 with the free upgrade from win 7: I have recently upgraded my motherboard on a system which had genuine win 7 that got the free upgrade to win 10. Now it asks for activation but I don't have a valid win 10 key and on the troubleshooting page it says the ones that upgraded from Win 7 got the "digital license",...
  9. INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after upgrade from Win 7

INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after upgrade from Win 7: Hi, A friend turned his computer (Dell Vostro) on this morning to find that it had tried to upgrade itself to Windows 10. Now when it starts, it gets an INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE blue screen and tells you to restart. I've tried changing the AHCI/ATA setting in the bios, but...
  10. Cannot upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 - "unknown error"

Cannot upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 - "unknown error": I am trying to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10. Before proceeding I installed all the required Win 7 updates, then attempted to install Win 10. However every time I try I get: "Code 80070780 Windows Update encountered an unknown error." See attached screen captures. "Get...