Windows 10: Cannot change Firefox 64bit icon in taskbar

Discus and support Cannot change Firefox 64bit icon in taskbar in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hey everyone, as the title states, I can't change the icon of Firefox in my taskbar. With the x86-version it wasn't an issue and the simple... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pakZ, Apr 30, 2017.

1. pakZ Win User

Cannot change Firefox 64bit icon in taskbar

Hey everyone,

as the title states, I can't change the icon of Firefox in my taskbar.

With the x86-version it wasn't an issue and the simple right-click -> right-click -> properties worked without a problem.

However, now that I have switched over to the 64bit version, the properties window looks different and I am not given the option to change the icon.

Cannot change Firefox 64bit icon in taskbar [​IMG]

I have tried to work with shortcuts, but to no avail.

Anyone ran into a similar problem?

Cheers

Jan

:)

2. How do I get the Firefox Icon on the bottom rather than the side for Windows 10?

When Firefox is open, you have an icon for it, on the taskbar?

Rightclick on it, and click on Pin to Taskbar,

Does this work?

MicaelNielsen, Apr 30, 2017
  3. MBMurphy3 Win User
    Cutomized Icons in Widows 10

I found that if you add your "Links" to the Taskbar the customized icons for websites appear. You can right click on a dropped down link and the "Properties" function including the "Change Icon" option appears. However the personalized icon does not
    show up in Edge Favorites or Favorite Bar when I am using it as my browser. It might be a problem in the "Edge" . Using Firefox as my browser the right click dropdown includes Properties but no change icon option. I never tried to change an icon in Firefox
    so I am not sure if it is different now or not.

MBMurphy3, Apr 30, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

Navigate to the firefox executable in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
    Right click it and select create shortcut (will be placed on desktop)
    Now right click that new desktop shortcut icon and select change icon
    Browse for an icon and select it
    (New icon appears on shortcut)
    Drag the icon to the taskbar

Cannot change Firefox 64bit icon in taskbar [​IMG]

5. pakZ Win User
    Thanks for the suggestion, WOT.

Following your instructions has resulted in two icons, however - one with the original, one with the altered one. The altered one stayed in the taskbar, the new one would pop up as soon as I opened FF.
    I was able to resolve it, by reinstalling FF and making sure to also "install" shortcuts to the desktop and the start menu. Afterwards, the above instruction worked.

Since I had both the 32- and the 64bit-version installed at the same time, that might have probably caused some confusion.

Anyway, thanks again. *Smile

Regards

Jan

pakZ, May 1, 2017
  6. WOT
    WOT Win User
    You are quite welcome and glad you got it sorted.

regards,

7. i am also having the same issue, i have 64bit windows 10 home.
    when i change the taskbar icon for FF, it changes successfully but when i run FF the icon changes back to default one.
    How to fix this?

this happens to all icons like vlc, explorer,opera,groove, utorrent etc.

askfriends, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot change Firefox 64bit icon in taskbar - Similar Threads - Cannot change Firefox

2. Cannot Change App Icon in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Change App Icon in Taskbar: Can someone please show me/tell me how to change icon because I want to give my desktop a consistent look https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-app-icon-in-taskbar/96162aa1-9e2a-4155-a29e-b8e408979563
  3. Cannot Change App Icon in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Change App Icon in Taskbar: Can someone please show me/tell me how to change icon because I want to give my desktop a consistent look https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-app-icon-in-taskbar/96162aa1-9e2a-4155-a29e-b8e408979563
  4. Cannot Change App Icon in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar icons not changing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar icons not changing.: Over a year ago I downloaded some icons for my taskbar. I had to download the icons, and then change the icon through windows, and then run the Reset Icon Cache tweak in Winaero Tweaker to actually get the icons to change. However, I decided to finally change it up, and now...
  6. Firefox icon from the taskbar, what to do?

Firefox icon from the taskbar, what to do?: Hello for now, When I started my PC today, I noticed that the icon of the Firefox browser is missing. (Here simply a "white page" is shown) I have already tried to delete the iconcache using a batch script, but without success. It would be great if someone here could...
  7. Weird taskbar icon thumbnails for Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Weird taskbar icon thumbnails for Firefox: Not sure if this is a browser (latest Firefox) or Windows problem, so I'll describe the issue here. All my program shortcuts are placed on the taskbar. The problem I'm about to describe and show, only occurs with the Firefox taskbar icon and its preview thumbnails. And...
  8. Changing taskbar icons?

Changing taskbar icons?: hey everyone new to this forum and windows in general (i come from a mac and than linux background). I was wondering if its possible to change somehow the firefox and spotify icons to match those of the default windows task bar icons so it looks more uniform? in linux...
  9. Unable to Pin Firefox icon to taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to Pin Firefox icon to taskbar: Firefox is my only greyed background tile but this is not a problem. My problem is I am not able to Pin Firefox to taskbar. Pin to taskbar option is not present when I right-click the program or the shortcut on All apps [img] For three days now I am trying every...
  10. pin shortcuts to the firefox icon in taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    pin shortcuts to the firefox icon in taskbar: I have always had shortcuts pinned to my Firefox icon in my taskbar like windows 10 forum,the login for my work place, you tube,ETC.but the short cuts are gone on my windows 32 they are still on my win.64 ..When I drag a short to my win.32 Firefox Icon in taskbar it says pen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change firefox icon on taskbar