Windows 10: Turn On or Off Badge on Your Phone app Taskbar Icon for New Messages

Discus and support Turn On or Off Badge on Your Phone app Taskbar Icon for New Messages in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Badge on Your Phone app Taskbar Icon for New Messages Turn On or Off Badge on Your Phone app Taskbar Icon for New Messages from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Arnab_824, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Arnab_824 Win User

Turn On or Off Badge on Your Phone app Taskbar Icon for New Messages

How to: Turn On or Off Badge on Your Phone app Taskbar Icon for New Messages

Turn On or Off Badge on Your Phone app Taskbar Icon for New Messages from Android Phone in Windows 10

After you send text messages from your Android phone on your PC.

You will can only delete messages on your Android phone. The deletions show on the phone and in the Your Phone app on the PC. It's not possible to delete messages directly on the PC.

To minimize network bandwidth and maximize performance, the Your Phone app only shows text messages that you've received or sent within the last 30 days.

The Your Phone app supports messages sent via SMS (Short Message Service). It also supports MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) group messaging, but does not yet support media attachments (such as photos or videos).

The Your Phone app does not support messages sent via RCS (Rich Communication Services). Some mobile operators refer to RCS as "push messages," "chat features," "advanced messaging," or "RCS messages."

If the Your Phone app detects that you're already using Cortana to see text messages on your PC, it'll give you the option to see them in the Your Phone app instead. Open the Your Phone app on your computer to go through the setup process. In Windows 10, the Cortana setting is called Get phone notifications on this PC.

Starting with Windows 10 build 18908, new messaging features below have been added.
    • Send and receive MMS messages – You can now send and receive images and GIFs, including Giphy, right from the Your Phone app.
    • Unread message indicator (badge)
      • Nav pane – A visual indicator on the Messages node, indicating you have unread messages
      • PC Taskbar – A visual indicator on the Your Phone app icon on your PC taskbar, indicating you have unread messages
      • Unread conversations – Visual indicator within threads that have unread messages
    • Contact images – Your Phone app will now sync contact thumbnails for all your contacts that contain profile images, so you can easily identify who you’re messaging with.
      In-line reply – You can quickly reply to text messages from toast notifications without having to open the Your Phone app.
    • Emoji picker – Smileys, people, food, and more. You can easily add emojis to your text messages right from within the app.
    See also: Your Phone app help | Microsoft Support

If you have the Your Phone app open or pinned to taskbar, you will see a badge show on the Your Phone taskbar icon whenever you get new unread messages on your Android phone.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off showing a badge on the Your Phone app taskbar icon in Windows 10 when you have new unread Android phone messages.

*Warning If you turn off the Show badges on taskbar buttons setting, a badge will not show on the Your Phone app even if you have Badge on taskbar turned on in the Your Phone app settings below.

EXAMPLE: Badge on Your Phone app taskbar icon for new Android phone messages

Turn On or Off Badge on Your Phone app Taskbar Icon for New Messages [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open the Your Phone app.

2. Click/tap on the Settings (gear) icon. (see screenshot below)

3. Under Messages, turn on (default) or off Badge on taskbar for what you want.

4. You can now close the Your Phone app if you like.

Turn On or Off Badge on Your Phone app Taskbar Icon for New Messages [​IMG]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Arnab_824, Jul 6, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 27, 2019
  3. 14.328 Taskbar badging. Are there any settings to turn this on? I'm not getting any badges.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In the build 14328, the Taskbar badging option is by default. You need to pin the apps on the taskbar and once you get any email or alarm is set then you will get this Taskbar badging notification.

I suggest you to refer to the below article and go through the section “Taskbar Badging for UWP apps”
    and check if it helps.

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Badge on Your Phone app Taskbar Icon for New Messages

14.328 Taskbar badging. Are there any settings to turn this on? I'm not getting any badges.

14.328 Taskbar badging. Are there any settings to turn this on? I'm not getting any badges.

The_tech_guy, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Taskbar Notifications Badges Are Coming To Windows Universal App

Taskbar Notifications Badges Are Coming To Windows Universal App

During a session at Build 2016, Microsoft revealed new features coming to Windows 10 via the upcoming Anniversary Update — chasable live tiles, adaptive notifications, an improved action center, and much more. One feature that wasn’t really talked about much but evident during the session was taskbar badging. As you can see in the image below, taskbar badging is for Universal Windows Platform apps and showcases a notification counter on the taskbar.

Source
    Taskbar Notification Badges are coming to Windows 10 Universal apps

hTconeM9user, Oct 27, 2019
  6. 14.328 Taskbar badging. Are there any settings to turn this on? I'm not getting any badges.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

As you are facing issue with mail app notification badges I suggest you to unpin and on the mail app to the taskbar and check if it helps.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Badge on Your Phone app Taskbar Icon for New Messages

1. Turn On or Off Badge on Your Phone app Taskbar Icon for New Messages - Similar Threads - Turn Off Badge

2. How to turn on "Show badges on taskbar apps".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn on "Show badges on taskbar apps".: Hi, I'm using Windows 11 22H2, Build 10.0.22623.875 Insider preview on Beta Channel. I unable to turn on "Show badges on taskbar apps", it's usually very useful to know new email or new message."Mail" apps no longer show the "badge" when new email arrives, and the setting...
  3. How to turn on "Show badges on taskbar apps".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn on "Show badges on taskbar apps".: Hi, I'm using Windows 11 22H2, Build 10.0.22623.875 Insider preview on Beta Channel. I unable to turn on "Show badges on taskbar apps", it's usually very useful to know new email or new message."Mail" apps no longer show the "badge" when new email arrives, and the setting...
  4. Your phone app Windows - turn off calls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your phone app Windows - turn off calls: Hello,I'm not sure how this feature got turned on in the Your phone app, but I can't seem to turn it off. I have turned off "Allow this app to make and manage calls", but that has had no effect.Many thanks,Tim...
  5. Your phone app Windows - turn off calls

Your phone app Windows - turn off calls: Hello,I'm not sure how this feature got turned on in the Your phone app, but I can't seem to turn it off. I have turned off "Allow this app to make and manage calls", but that has had no effect.Many thanks,Tim...
  6. "NEW" icon won't disappear in Your Phone app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "NEW" icon won't disappear in Your Phone app: Hi, So after a few recent updates of the Your Phone app, I got this annoying NEW icon constantly appearing at the top, even though there are NO new or unread notifications. Since it's not possible to reinstall the app, I've tried repairing/resetting it with no effect, the...
  7. "NEW" icon won't disappear in Your Phone app

"NEW" icon won't disappear in Your Phone app: Hi, So after a few recent updates of the Your Phone app, I got this annoying NEW icon constantly appearing at the top, even though there are NO new or unread notifications. Since it's not possible to reinstall the app, I've tried repairing/resetting it with no effect, the...
  8. Turning off the taskbar icon.

Turning off the taskbar icon.: Am trying to turn off the Taskbar icon, cannot find bat file in Notepad, to turn off this feature. How can this be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/turning-off-the-taskbar-icon/70d3a74a-d79e-4038-97b6-fe5bd2882576
  9. Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notifications for Android Messages

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notifications for Android Messages: How to: Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notifications for Android Messages How to Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notification Banners in Windows 10 for Android Phone Messages After you send text messages from your Android phone on your PC. You will can only delete...
  10. Turn Off Show Text Messages from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn Off Show Text Messages from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10: How to: Turn Off Show Text Messages from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Show Text Messages from Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC After you send text messages from your Android phone on your PC. You will can only delete messages on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox 1/windows 10 online safety