Windows 10: Cannot change Start menu settings for "Left Click opens:"

Discus and support Cannot change Start menu settings for "Left Click opens:" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just upgraded from 8.1 to Win 10. I want to change the Settings for Classic Start Menu 4.2.1. I right click on the Start button, open Settings. Pop is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jeffd33, Jul 10, 2016.

1. jeffd33 Win User

Cannot change Start menu settings for "Left Click opens:"

Just upgraded from 8.1 to Win 10. I want to change the Settings for Classic Start Menu 4.2.1.
    I right click on the Start button, open Settings. Pop is on the Controls tab. I want to change the default for "Left Click opens" from Classic Start menu to the Windows 10 Start menu. But after I make the change and click OK, left clicking on the Start button does nothing, doesn't open either the Classic or Win 10 menus. Resetting to the Classic Start menu will open the classic start menu but I want it to open the Win 10 Start menu.
    Currently, I have the Windows key set to open the Win 10 Start menu but I would like to be able to left click on the button and do it that way.

Why doesn't it work when I change the settings?

Thanks for your help.

JD

:)

jeffd33, Jul 10, 2016
  2. Nevada PC Win User

How to get help in Windows 10

left click on start/then settings/ find and left click on "apps"/ in the left column find and left click on "default apps"/ might have to scroll down to find "video player"/ left click on the current app/ a menu with available apps to select from will
    pop up/ select "movies and tv"/ Restart computer. Also you can right click on any file type, picture,movie,etc. left click on "properties"/ in the "General" tab is the option "opens with", left click on the "change" button, a selection of programs/apps will
    appear/ left click on the one you want, and left click on the "ok"button, then left click on the "apply" button and then the ok button. Hope this helps.

Nevada PC, Jul 10, 2016
  3. N79; can't run " home media " menu

sawatdee krap,

maybe because you havent set any connections for "home media". i think it needs to connect with your computer. you also need to install SimpleCenter's Home Media Server software on your PC

maybe this will help you -

http://europe.nokia.com/A41123203

Message Edited by fring on 23-Nov-2008 03:20 PM

fring---01, Jul 10, 2016
  4. shimshom Win User

Hi jeffd33 and welcome to the forum. Maybe try to update Classic Shell as the The latest stable version of Classic Shell is 4.2.5c and the latest beta version of Classic Shell is 4.2.7 while you're still using an older version

shimshom, Jul 11, 2016
Thema:

1. Cannot change Start menu settings for "Left Click opens:" - Similar Threads - Cannot change Start

2. Cannot open Win Start menu ; Settings, Photo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open Win Start menu ; Settings, Photo: Hi,I have a similar problem on 3 PCs. Unable to open start menu, cannot open settings, cannot open any photo. Windows 10 - 21H1. On another profile, however, it is possible on the primary, which is also the administrator. After creating a new profile, it worked for about 20...
  3. Cannot open Win Start menu ; Settings, Photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open Win Start menu ; Settings, Photo: Hi,I have a similar problem on 3 PCs. Unable to open start menu, cannot open settings, cannot open any photo. Windows 10 - 21H1. On another profile, however, it is possible on the primary, which is also the administrator. After creating a new profile, it worked for about 20...
  4. Cannot open Win Start menu ; Settings, Photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Left click the Start menu and the screen locks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left click the Start menu and the screen locks: Windows 10 21H2, Lenovo 5th gen Yoga 11e. When I left click the Start menu the screen locks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-click-the-start-menu-and-the-screen-locks/867eaa16-4b7b-4f31-a795-e8afe00a5bc5
  6. Left click the Start menu and the screen locks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left click the Start menu and the screen locks: Windows 10 21H2, Lenovo 5th gen Yoga 11e. When I left click the Start menu the screen locks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-click-the-start-menu-and-the-screen-locks/867eaa16-4b7b-4f31-a795-e8afe00a5bc5
  7. Left click the Start menu and the screen locks

8. Left Ctrl opening start menu

Left Ctrl opening start menu: Basically whenever I press my left ctrl the windows start menu pops up for some reason. I have no idea why this happens or how to stop it. I've tried a bunch of different things and nothing has worked. At first if I held the left ctrl the start up would come up, but now all...
  9. Opening start menu causes any left click to open the contextual menu (right click) on top...

in Cortana
    Opening start menu causes any left click to open the contextual menu (right click) on top...: Hello! When I'm opening the start menu after a fresh startup, my left click works properly but opens the contextual menu. However, if I open the search bar, I get completely locked out of the start menu (I can still alt+TAB out of it) because of the contextual menu on top of...
  10. I cannot open start menu and all the setting menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot open start menu and all the setting menu: It seems that all the setting menu crashed after I reset my computer. I clicked the button on the task bar, for instance, Cortana and start, and did not received any response. Nothing was displayed on the screen....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change start menu to open with left click