Windows 10: Cannot change Windows 10 desktop icon spacing.

Discus and support Cannot change Windows 10 desktop icon spacing. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The tried and true method that worked for Vista and 7 does not seem to work with my Windows 10…using regedit then changing HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mb300e, Aug 4, 2015.

1. mb300e Win User

Cannot change Windows 10 desktop icon spacing.

The tried and true method that worked for Vista and 7 does not seem to work with my Windows 10…using regedit then changing HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics values for IconSpacing and IconVerticalSpacing which must be between -480 and -2750.

I have changed the values from one end of the scale to the other with no observable difference. I have logged out and back in again and did a refresh. Also did a restart and that made no difference either.

I do know how to make them smaller using the Ctrl + Mouse Wheel but that is not what I want.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have searched online and here but cannot find a solution other than the registry edit that I have tried.

Peter B. *Sad

:)

mb300e, Aug 4, 2015

2. Desktop icon spacing in Windows 10

Can the horizontal and vertical spacing for desktop icons be changed in windows 10?

BobbyMcDonell, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 4, 2015
  4. mb300e Win User

I am now running WIndows 10 Pro and the above registry change works OK on the new release of the op sys.

mb300e, Apr 8, 2016
  5. AndreTen Win User
    Thanks for letting us know!

AndreTen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot change Windows 10 desktop icon spacing. - Similar Threads - Cannot change desktop

2. Windows Desktop icon space cannot correct

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Desktop icon space cannot correct: Cannot correct the icon spacing or arrange the icons on windows 10 desktop. Already tried the solution provided in the other thread, "regedit" in the taskbar, open the registry editor, and then find the following path:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetricsIn...
  3. Windows Desktop icon space cannot correct

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Desktop icon space cannot correct: Cannot correct the icon spacing or arrange the icons on windows 10 desktop. Already tried the solution provided in the other thread, "regedit" in the taskbar, open the registry editor, and then find the following path:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetricsIn...
  4. Windows Desktop icon space cannot correct

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop icon grid spacing suddenly changed size Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icon grid spacing suddenly changed size Windows 10: I was working with my folders, right-clicked on one of the files and chose "Properties" to look at the date of the file.Windows gave the spinning circle, hesitated, and bam, my folders were all closed.I went back to the desktop to reopen the folders I'd been using and...
  6. Desktop icon grid spacing suddenly changed size Windows 10

Desktop icon grid spacing suddenly changed size Windows 10: I was working with my folders, right-clicked on one of the files and chose "Properties" to look at the date of the file.Windows gave the spinning circle, hesitated, and bam, my folders were all closed.I went back to the desktop to reopen the folders I'd been using and...
  7. Desktop icon grid spacing suddenly changed size Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Desktop Icon Spacing . . .

Desktop Icon Spacing . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10 Pro My desktop icons, are very far apart. I want to get them, closer. Here,'is the way to do it, by editing the registry. =============================== regedit Hkey_current_user control_panel Desktop WindowsMetric...
  9. Cannot change desktop icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot change desktop icon: Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what. To change it to the icon I want, I go: Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons. Click OK Click...
  10. Change Desktop Icon Spacing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Desktop Icon Spacing in Windows 10: How to: Change Desktop Icon Spacing in Windows 10 How to Change Desktop Icon Horizontal and Vertical Spacing in Windows 10 [img] Information Icon horizontal spacing is for how wide (left/right) the desktop icon will be. The wider it is, the more text that will display...