Windows 10: Cannot choose calendar in Windows 10 Calendar App

Discus and support Cannot choose calendar in Windows 10 Calendar App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have my hotmail account linked to Windows 10 and I can open the Calendar app to view, and create events. However, I cannot choose my "Birthday"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AGLopes, Aug 25, 2018.

1. AGLopes Win User

Cannot choose calendar in Windows 10 Calendar App

I have my hotmail account linked to Windows 10 and I can open the Calendar app to view, and create events. However, I cannot choose my "Birthday" calendar to create a new event in there. I have all the privacy/security settings set to allow apps to see my calendar, I have rest my Calendar and Mail & Calendar apps, and even re-installed Windows. Why can't I choose to create an even to the Birthday calendar? I don't use the contacts in my hotmail account and don't want to have it pulling from there - I simply want to add birthdays to the Birthday calendar. The only way I can seem to get this to work is to remove this calendar and create one called "Birthdays". Also, why can't we create a calendar from Windows 10 calendar app? It seems we have to go do this on Outlook.com. Horrible consistency and usage in these apps!

:)

AGLopes, Aug 25, 2018

2. iCloud calendar will not show calendar and categories in Windows 10 mail app.

Hello,

If it's a Calendar app, we suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps:

I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

• Login to your Apple ID and password.
    • Choose ‘Calendar‘, click on the ‘WiFi’-like Logo next to the calendar you want to see in Windows 10 calendar app.
    • Choose ‘Public Calendar‘ and send copy the link.
    • Next, login to your outlook.com account, go to ‘Calendar‘ in the PC website view, click on ‘Import‘, then on ‘Subscribe‘, choose a calendar name, paste the iCloud calendar link and click ‘Subscribe‘.
    • Now the iCloud calendar subscription is processing and after a short while you can see your iCloud calendar apps on outlook.com.
    • For checking correct syncing, go to the settings wheel on the right upper corner, click on ‘Options‘ and then on the name of the iCloud calendar subscription you gave in step 4. Under ‘Last Refresh‘, you can see
      the refresh period and the number of correctly synced events.
    • Open Windows 10 calendar app. If you’ve already set up your outlook.com account, you will see the iCloud calendar subscription in ‘read-only’ mode.
    Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 25, 2018
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    Mel Tar, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Mystere Win User

support for alternative calendars in the windows 10 calendar app

My understanding is that they added Persian Calendar support.

https://windows.uservoice.com/forums...dar-to-windows

I don't know much about this support, or whether there are others.. or what it all means... I just know that they have added other calendars.

Mystere, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot choose calendar in Windows 10 Calendar App - Similar Threads - Cannot choose calendar

2. Calendar app - Taskbar calendar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Calendar app - Taskbar calendar: The events I create on my android phone, using a gmail account will sync to the calendar app when opened fully from the start menu. These are then visible in the popup menu version of the calendar app which is accessed via the taskbar. Excellent. However the events will not...
  3. Shared Calendar in Calendar App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared Calendar in Calendar App: Hi All,I am trying to set up the calendar app on Windows so far I used Outlook. My private account is on Office 365. I can add it to the calendar app but did not find yet a way to add shared calendars e.g. my wife's. In Outlook it is shown on the let hand side - not so in the...
  4. Shared Calendar in Calendar App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared Calendar in Calendar App: Hi All,I am trying to set up the calendar app on Windows so far I used Outlook. My private account is on Office 365. I can add it to the calendar app but did not find yet a way to add shared calendars e.g. my wife's. In Outlook it is shown on the let hand side - not so in the...
  5. Windows 10 calendar app

Windows 10 calendar app: Please can you advise where window calendar app stores data calendar entries that it can’t sync. Unknown to me my organisation’s workplace platform disabled my work calendar g suites - g workplace migration about 24 days ago. While I was having issues with the calendar, I...
  6. Windows 10 Calendar App

Windows 10 Calendar App: Windows 10 Calendar App Within the Windows 10 Calendar App I have managed to get one called Birthdays and one called Birthdays and Anniversaries. It appears that you cannot amend or delete anything in the Birthdays calendar, so the system must get the information...
  7. Windows 10 calendar cannot personalize calendar item color

Windows 10 calendar cannot personalize calendar item color: I just recently started using Windows 10 calendar, Version 16005.11231.20192.0, instead of Outlook. The problem is that all of my calendar items show up in red; painful, bright, red. I have tried to use the personalization option to set colors and only some of the window...
  8. Windows 10 Calendar App

Windows 10 Calendar App: Hello! Do we have any options to enable the search bar in Windows 10 Calendar app? I tried looking for it in app settings but to no avail I haven't found it. My other account has the search bar and the other doesn't. Attached is a screenshot for comparison. Any inputs will be...
  9. Windows 10 Calendar App - Calendars

Windows 10 Calendar App - Calendars: Hi, I hope its not too much of a FAQ but... In Win10 Calendar app, what are all the calendars on the left? I see Cortana, Outlook and Microsoft Account. Each one has one or more named calendars below them. It seems only the Outlook calendar is able to sync across to my...
  10. support for alternative calendars in the windows 10 calendar app

support for alternative calendars in the windows 10 calendar app: is there any? I am talking about lunar calendars, such as the hebrew lunar calendar. and if there is support, can you schedule a recurring event according to an alternative calendar, like you can in Outlook calendar? Or maybe you can import your Outlook calendar with all its...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cannot choose calendar