Windows 10: Cannot clear network access credentials

Discus and support Cannot clear network access credentials in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; OS: Windows 10 x64 I access a network server using a username + password. I'd like to use another username+password, but I cannot clear the old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by amimandami, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Cannot clear network access credentials

I access a network server using a username + password. I'd like to use another username+password, but I cannot clear the old credentials. What I've done until now:

• there was nothing to delete in Windows credentials (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Credential Manager)
    • net use * /del
    • klist purge
    • restart explorer
    • restart PC
    • changed the password on the server, and saving NEW credentials on the PC. When I reverted back to original server password, the PC connected automatically (this makes me think that those credentials were saved somewhere, but I don't know where).

:)

amimandami, Nov 28, 2016

2. Windows 10 Home Network

GerardDouglas, Nov 28, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Home Network

Want to set up Home Network with two PC's, A and B, both Windows 10, B new, A upgraded from Windows 7. Both indicate "joined" to Home Network. A simply does not recognize B. B recognizes A, but access is denied; window comes up, "Enter Network Credentials,"
    asking for a password. Have no idea what that is or where to find it. Going to Credential Managers in both PCs, cannot access Web Credentials. Turning off "password protected sharing" under "All Networks" did nothing. Network Adapter Drivers are all up to
    date. Now what?

BruceWMorgan, Nov 28, 2016
Thema:

Cannot clear network access credentials

1. Cannot clear network access credentials - Similar Threads - Cannot clear network

2. VPN credentials will not clear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VPN credentials will not clear: Hello. I utilize a PowerShell script to install our companies vpn connection with the Windows built in VPN feature. I have never had any issues running this process before. Today marked the first day for a new remote user. After attempting to connect, the user is prompted...
  3. VPN credentials will not clear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VPN credentials will not clear: Hello. I utilize a PowerShell script to install our companies vpn connection with the Windows built in VPN feature. I have never had any issues running this process before. Today marked the first day for a new remote user. After attempting to connect, the user is prompted...
  4. Accessing to company network file using network credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing to company network file using network credentials: Hi there,I was trying to connect to my company server's files and I tried to login with my account details but it showed this message: 'A specified logon session does not exist. I may already have been terminated.'I tried to edit my details on credential managers. It was...
  5. Clear all credentials for "Access work or school"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Clear all credentials for "Access work or school": Hi,I am referencing "Access work or school" in the settings menu on a shared computer.I need to know how to clear all the credentials using a batch file during login or disable people from saving them in this computer.I leave the computer switched on for a month and there are...
  6. Enter Network Credentials - Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Enter Network Credentials - Access Denied: Hello Community!I am trying to access a hard drive on my PC Desktop from my laptop. Quick summary:Both connected to home wi-fi set as private networkPC in question has sharing enabled for the driveBoth computers can see each other on the networkPassword Protect Sharing is...
  7. Windows10 Pro; Network/Email Credentials keep clearing by themselves

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows10 Pro; Network/Email Credentials keep clearing by themselves: I have a Windows 10 Pro 64Bit computer, that a single user is using. Inconsistently the Windows 10 system will forget her network credentials to a File Server. Further I have Office 365 installed, and the user is setup to use Outlook with our standard POP email servers. Also...
  8. how clear/reset network credentials on a network computer for another network drive computer?

how clear/reset network credentials on a network computer for another network drive computer?: I am using WIN10. network hard computer NHD1 sees in the networks network hard computer NHD2 but upon the initial network computer credential log in I typed the wrong password and had checked to auto log. So I get the error can't access NHD 2. I know the NHD 2 is properly...
  9. Printer Sharing and Network credential access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Printer Sharing and Network credential access: Hello: I have two desktops running Windows 10. One is a new one and I would like to be able to print from the USB connected printer on the other desktop. Problem is when I go to access my other computer which I can see, it pops up asking for security credentials. I really...
  10. Accessing networked PC - what are network credentials

Accessing networked PC - what are network credentials: I wish to connect to a directory on another computer on my home network. All was well until the 1803 update (I was able to map the required folder OK) but now I get a dialogue asking for my network credentials; name and password. I think I can set the name OK - in my case...