Windows 10: 'Cannot connect due to proxy settings'.. that keep changing back auto

Discus and support 'Cannot connect due to proxy settings'.. that keep changing back auto in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, i've looked around and am unsure how to solve this or what direction to further go in.. at least daily, and the time it happens is random, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by avemaria, Apr 5, 2017.

1. avemaria Win User

'Cannot connect due to proxy settings'.. that keep changing back auto

Hello, i've looked around and am unsure how to solve this or what direction to further go in.. at least daily, and the time it happens is random, my browsers will not connect to the internet and it tells me it cannot connect because of proxy settings.. in the image below circled in red are the two settings I have to constantly go back and change in order to access the internet.. it just keeps changing them back for some reason. Last month it only happened on the Edge browser, not on Firefox.. but since I did a reset of the OS, now it happens on both browsers.

'Cannot connect due to proxy settings'.. that keep changing back auto [​IMG]

:)

avemaria, Apr 5, 2017

2. Cannot Use Manual Proxy Setup (Auto switch to off upon exit after I turn it on)

Cannot Use Manual Proxy Setup (Auto switch to off upon exit after I turn it on)

I went to the network & internet setting under the manual proxy setup, the use a proxy server I switch to on.

After I input the address and port, I click on save and then exit.

When I re-enter this manual proxy setup under the use a proxy server it automatically change back to off.

I cannot use my paid proxy server.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Kevin Chong 118, Apr 5, 2017
  3. Problem with WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service

WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service keeps on disabling itself. After I changed it to automatic it switched back to disabled in services.msc Why does it keep changing?

Edward Posey, Apr 5, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

It's normally either your security software doing it so it can scan everything or you have malware or virus it's running on your local PC what anti virus have you got?

Samuria, Apr 5, 2017
  5. avemaria Win User
    I just have the basic Windows Defender built into Windows 10.. plus from time to time CCleaner and Malwarebytes..
    nothing malicious found with any of these..

avemaria, Apr 5, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    Please download and save FRST 64bit or FRST 32 bit to your Desktop.

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/FRST.exe
    http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/FRST64.exe

Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
    Make sure that Addition option is checked.
    Press Scan button.
    It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
    Please copy and paste log back here.
    The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.

Samuria, Apr 6, 2017
  7. avemaria Win User
    *didn't want to leave my info out like this so I can post it again if anyone replies

avemaria, Apr 6, 2017
  8. Nicko Win User

I have the same problem and Internet Explorer and Edge can't connect to proxy server. ANy further help to resolve this is appreciated.

Nicko, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. 'Cannot connect due to proxy settings'.. that keep changing back auto - Similar Threads - 'Cannot connect due

2. Auto-detect proxy settings: on or off?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto-detect proxy settings: on or off?: Windows 10 Home 20H2 (19042.804) I don't run a manual proxy / VPN of any kind, and don't use this machine to log into any networks -- just regular everyday wired ethernet surfing, streaming, email, etc. I do have third-party firewall and AV installed (Comodo, Avast) and want...
  3. Automatic Proxy setup cannot save setting change

Automatic Proxy setup cannot save setting change: Hi I am running Windows 10 and I keep losing internet connection and when I run troubleshooter I get error message 'Windows cannot automatically detect proxy settings', I then open network & connections select proxy and see that 'automatically detect settings' is turned...
  4. Proxy keeps changing back to 127.0.0.1:9666

Proxy keeps changing back to 127.0.0.1:9666: Hello, Support. After upgrading to Win10 1909, proxy keeps changing itself to 127.0.0.1:9666 automatically no matter how many times I remove it. This causes some software like Steam and Origin to lose connection even if Windows is set to not use the proxy while...
  5. Cannot configure proxy settings

Cannot configure proxy settings: Hello, I can't make changes to the proxy settings. I've searched for the problem and haven't come across any solutions. Here is the problem I'm facing: 1. Automatic proxy setup window, no changes. [ATTACH] 2. Turn on Use Setup Script and paste the proxy address,...
  6. Connectivity - What is a Proxy Setting?

Connectivity - What is a Proxy Setting?: What does a Proxy Setting mean and should it be used - if so in what circumstances? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connectivity-what-is-a-proxy-setting/a850614a-2dff-471f-a6fb-fd76d7dbad79
  7. Cannot Change Proxy Settings (WiFi)

Cannot Change Proxy Settings (WiFi): I am unable to change the Proxy Settings for my WiFi, in both Settings App and Internet Options (The Ok button does not respond in Internet Options, In the Settings app the enable proxy option gets disabled again). When I run the network troubleshooter, I get the following...
  8. How to set Proxy Settings to connect printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to set Proxy Settings to connect printer: How to set Proxy Settings to connect printer? Have a HP printer...Has worked fine & was connected by Wi Fi and not cable. How do I connect back to Wi-Fi via a Proxy? PROXY = unknown to me!...
  9. How to set Proxy Settings to connect printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to set Proxy Settings to connect printer: How to set Proxy Settings to connect printer? Have a HP printer...Has worked fine & was connected by Wi Fi and not cable. How do I connect back to Wi-Fi via a Proxy? PROXY = unknown to me!...
  10. proxy setting changes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    proxy setting changes: I will be on the internet via my personal wifi when suddenly the computer stops and the error message arises that my proxy settings have changed. I am not on a LAN. This occurs with both IE and Google broswers. This is the most recent Google browser error message: No...