Windows 10: Cannot connect ethernet to home computer will only connect by wifi. Need help with Ethernet...

Discus and support Cannot connect ethernet to home computer will only connect by wifi. Need help with Ethernet... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Please help! new computer will only connect by Wi-Fi. Need to connect by hardline Ethernet cable for gaming. 1) cable is good works with Xbox 2) ran... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ianhack, Jul 5, 2018.

1. ianhack Win User

Cannot connect ethernet to home computer will only connect by wifi. Need help with Ethernet...

Please help! new computer will only connect by Wi-Fi. Need to connect by hardline Ethernet cable for gaming.

1) cable is good works with Xbox

2) ran trouble shooter - windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy setting.

3) ran network adapter trouble shooter -Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration.

I don't know how to fix this problem. What do I do next??

:)

ianhack, Jul 5, 2018

2. Connected by Ethernet and WiFi

Right now my computer is connected by 1.0 Gbps Ethernet and 1.3 Gbps WiFi. Can Windows 10 take advantage of this or should I disable one these connections?

alkaufmann, Oct 25, 2018
  3. bro67 Win User
    Connected by Ethernet and WiFi

Are you having any issues? No you would not be able to take advantage of both connections since Windows would just route through the best one at any moment. It is only as good as your outbound connection for your provider.

bro67, Oct 25, 2018
  4. JBG123 Win User

Cannot connect ethernet to home computer will only connect by wifi. Need help with Ethernet...

Using a router to connect PC with Ethernet

Their is only one phone jack where a modem can be placed in our house and it is to complicated to get Ethernet from the modem up to my computer. I can still connect with wireless internet but I want to be able to use Ethernet. The modem is a all in one (router+modem). If I buy a router and place it in my room can it connect to the all in one modem without using a phone jack (Just plugging it into the power outlet) alowing me to connect the router to the PC using Ethernet?

JBG123, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot connect ethernet to home computer will only connect by wifi. Need help with Ethernet... - Similar Threads - Cannot connect ethernet

2. How ethernet-only connection connects to WiFi?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How ethernet-only connection connects to WiFi?: My work computer PC does not allow for wifi connection and only allows ethernet connection. This is fine when I'm at home. While traveling, what device can I use to connect to a hotel's wifi, while using my ethernet cable, but without being able to download drivers into my...
  3. How ethernet-only connection connects to WiFi?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How ethernet-only connection connects to WiFi?: My work computer PC does not allow for wifi connection and only allows ethernet connection. This is fine when I'm at home. While traveling, what device can I use to connect to a hotel's wifi, while using my ethernet cable, but without being able to download drivers into my...
  4. NO wifi connection, only ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NO wifi connection, only ethernet: Background - I recently got a PC and a screen monitor Separately. I have a Huawei Mate GT monitor and some custom built beginner gaming PC i got from FB marketplace Intel CPU, MSI GTX680 - the seller said i could just connect to the wifi and Bluetooth if i go on settings...
  5. NO wifi connection, only ethernet

NO wifi connection, only ethernet: Background - I recently got a PC and a screen monitor Separately. I have a Huawei Mate GT monitor and some custom built beginner gaming PC i got from FB marketplace Intel CPU, MSI GTX680 - the seller said i could just connect to the wifi and Bluetooth if i go on settings...
  6. NO wifi connection, only ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. No options to connect with wifi, only ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No options to connect with wifi, only ethernet: I'm trying to install my windows on my new ssd. When I'm trying to connect with my network settings it only allowed me to connect with Ethernet and no options for wifi....
  8. No options to connect with wifi, only ethernet

No options to connect with wifi, only ethernet: I'm trying to install my windows on my new ssd. When I'm trying to connect with my network settings it only allowed me to connect with Ethernet and no options for wifi....
  9. No options to connect with wifi, only ethernet

10. Ethernet or Wifi connection

Ethernet or Wifi connection: If I am connected to the internet with both the ethernet and WIFI connections, how can I tell which one is in use?Is it possible that they are both being used?Will my PC automatically choose the better one?...