Windows 10: Cannot connect to any network

Discus and support Cannot connect to any network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, i own an HP 620 laptop i was using it on windows 10 32 bit for months and it worked flawlessly but last week i couldnt connect to any wifi, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by osumen, Oct 26, 2016.

1. osumen Win User

Cannot connect to any network

Hi, i own an HP 620 laptop i was using it on windows 10 32 bit for months and it worked flawlessly but last week i couldnt connect to any wifi, when trying to connect to a wifi the network adapter seems to shut down as the light turns off and network icon on the tray shows an x then turns on after that
    What i tried and didnt work:
    Reset windows 10 and installed drivers
    formated pc and made a clean windows 10 install
    And also installed drivers and didnt work

:)

osumen, Oct 26, 2016

2. Cannot connect to any WiFi network anymore

Just had this happen to me.

Lumia 920 wp8

Tried rebooting. Nothing.

Took out the sim and put it back in and restarted , nothing.

Turned airplane on/off nothing.

Deleted WiFi details, rediscovered now it won't accept password.

Will not do a hard reset because that bricked my original 920.

Thinking a soft reset if I can't connect to another known network. If it can't connect to a different one, the problem is the phone. If it does connect I would then assume its my at&t modem/router combo box.

First Last001, Oct 26, 2016
  3. Cannot connect to any WiFi network anymore

I too have an HTC Trophy and when I connect to my WIFI at home it works fine, but when the phone is put to sleep/standby and you hit the power button to wake it up it sometimes will not reconnect. You have to turn off wifi and turn it back on. When you
    do it immediately connects.

I think we are looking at a bug with the OS

SteveSauls, Oct 26, 2016
  4. osumen Win User

54 views and no reply ?

osumen, Oct 26, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    In 4 hours? Could be that the viewers [all of us are volunteering in helping others wherever possible] haven't come up with a usable response, sometimes takes awhile before such a volunteer visits that has a solution. But that's typical for most free forums. Paid-for support is generally faster.

Have you tried updating the drivers for the Wi-Fi adapter? Looking at Drivers Software for HP 620 Notebook PC - HP Support Center. shows that Notebook was not designed for Win10, or Win8/Win8.1, has no such drivers listed. Following other sections of this forum shows the possibility that an update caused the problem.

Berton, Oct 26, 2016
  6. osumen Win User
    Sorry about that, i know it was not designed to work on 8 and higher my it did work when i was on windows 8/8.1 for years and also worked on 10 for several months i dont think it could be the reason, and i also formated my pc so all updates would be deleted and still didnt work

osumen, Oct 26, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    Okay. But Win10 does tend to go get updates in the process of Reset or Install, a clean install probably wiped out the drivers your Win10 was using.

Berton, Oct 26, 2016
  8. Cannot connect to any network

I just had a similar problem with my X99 desktop, the message showing under "Network settings" was stuck on "Identifying". I went to the network adapter mfg's site (Intel in my case) and downloaded the file for my Win 10 64 bit installation. After following the instructions to update my driver(s) and the process completed, I restarted and am back in business. Hope this helps... I am sure I had put Intel adapter drivers on my system about a year ago but when I was having problems the driver was showing up as a windows generic. I also had to reconfigure my scanner software due to the latest update hosing it up.

ShatteredWinduz, Oct 26, 2016
  9. osumen Win User
    Formated to windows 7 and installed the network driver and still get the same error windows cannot connect to this network , i checked the network adapters properties and it says that the device is working fine i dont understand whats happening

osumen, Oct 28, 2016
  10. Bree New Member
Thema:

1. Cannot connect to any network - Similar Threads - Cannot connect network

2. Not Connected to Any Networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Connected to Any Networks: Hello everyone,I'm facing an issue with my Windows system where I am unable to connect to any networks. I've checked my network settings, but it shows that I am not connected to any networks. I have tried restarting my system and router, but the problem persists.Could anyone...
  3. Not Connected to Any Networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not Connected to Any Networks: Hello everyone,I'm facing an issue with my Windows system where I am unable to connect to any networks. I've checked my network settings, but it shows that I am not connected to any networks. I have tried restarting my system and router, but the problem persists.Could anyone...
  4. Cannot see the WiFi button, hence cannot connect to any network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot see the WiFi button, hence cannot connect to any network.: My Asus 14 Flip doesn't show me the option to connect to a WiFi network anymore. When I ran the network troubleshooter, it told me: "The MediaTek Wi-Fi 6e MT7922 160MHz LAN Card adapter is experiencing driver or hardware-related problems."What does this mean and how do I fix...
  5. Cannot see the WiFi button, hence cannot connect to any network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot see the WiFi button, hence cannot connect to any network.: My Asus 14 Flip doesn't show me the option to connect to a WiFi network anymore. When I ran the network troubleshooter, it told me: "The MediaTek Wi-Fi 6e MT7922 160MHz LAN Card adapter is experiencing driver or hardware-related problems."What does this mean and how do I fix...
  6. Cannot connect to any network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to any network: My laptop cannot detect any type of network or wifi. I already tried disabling and enabling the network adapter but it did not work. I also tried to uninstall and install the adapter but it did not work as well. Even the network reset did not work. How do I fix this?...
  7. Cannot see a WiFi network & cannot connect to any network

Cannot see a WiFi network & cannot connect to any network: I have a Lenovo N22 laptop running a fully updated Windows 10 Pro (20H2). A week ago I had a Netgear router running with a private class C LAN IP address range. The router was at address 204.107.91.254. Everything on my network worked fine, including the Lenovo. The Netgear...
  8. Cannot find and connect any WiFi networks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot find and connect any WiFi networks: [ATTACH]Hey guys! So my laptop is showing this problem. My laptop can’t connect or find any wifi networks. What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-and-connect-any-wifi-networks/288ecba8-7464-4636-ba64-57db9fbecfff
  9. Cannot connect to any wireless network

Cannot connect to any wireless network: I am using a Fujitsu laptop with Windows 10 Home Vesion 1903 installed on 9/14/2019 and OS build 18362.449. From yesterday, I cannot connect to any wireless network. Although I can see them from the network available list, after click on the connect button, "Unable to...
  10. Not connected to any networks

Not connected to any networks: Hey there, my internet works fine but the problem is that when i go to Network and Sharing Center the connections line is blank and it used to be ethernet. When i go to adapter settings, it says that the folder is empty. My network adapter is in device manager with updated...