Windows 10: Cannot connect to bluetooth headphones after upgrade to Win10

Discus and support Cannot connect to bluetooth headphones after upgrade to Win10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I upgraded my Lenovo W530 running Win7 Pro 64 bit to Windows 10. After the upgrade I can no longer connect to my bluetooth headphones which worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bazsl, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Bazsl Win User

Cannot connect to bluetooth headphones after upgrade to Win10

I upgraded my Lenovo W530 running Win7 Pro 64 bit to Windows 10. After the upgrade I can no longer connect to my bluetooth headphones which worked before the upgrade. The bluetooth radio is on. When I click Connect in the Action Center it shows that the headphones are connected but they are not. The headphones (actually my hearing aids) play a notification sound when a bluetooth connection is made and I never hear that sound. If I play music the sound goes to the speaker, not my headphones. I have removed the headphones and repaired them. I have checked that all of the bluetooth device drivers are up to date in Device Manager. I would really appreciate any suggestions to solve this problem. Thanks.

:)

Bazsl, Nov 15, 2015
  2. ucallmekc Win User

Beats By Dre and Windows 10 Bluetooth

I upgraded to WIN10 and my Beats headphones will not connect via Bluetooth. I have tried everything I know how and it still does not work!

ucallmekc, Nov 15, 2015
  3. Windows 10 requires further installation for new Bose Bluetooth Audio adapter

I have a similar problem with my BackBeats Pro bluetooth headphones. They worked with my PC under Win 7, but not after I updated to Win10. I also get a message that the device needs further installation. All
    the device drivers are up to date. Plantronics has been no help, but I do not see that the problem is with the BackBeats Pro. The BackBeats Pro headphones can connect by bluetooth to my iPad. I have replaced my bluetooth adapter (even though the old one
    works) to no avail. Other bluetooth devices can connect to my PC with the adapter. The problem must be Win10.

I greatly regret updating to Win10.

Dennis Horoho, Nov 15, 2015
  4. xeleron Win User

Products - Lenovo Support (US)
    Official bluetooth driver for windows 10 for w530.Be advised that even if you are connected to the internet during a w10 install windows might not download certain drivers.I would recommend getting drivers from the lenovo site.I tell you this because I have a t420 and many drivers were missing(the display driver,audio driver and card reader were not working out of the box)

xeleron, Nov 15, 2015
  5. Bazsl Win User
    I downloaded the latest bluetooth driver from the Lenovo site but I still have the problem. When I click Connect it says I am connected for voice and music but when a play an mp3 file in VLC Media Player it plays on the speaker.

Bazsl, Nov 15, 2015
  6. Berton Win User
    Did you try MP3 songs in Windows Media Player? Perhaps VLC doesn't recognize Bluetooth. There's also settings in Control Panel, Sound as to what device to use such as speakers, headset, etc.

Berton, Nov 15, 2015
  7. Bazsl Win User
    Success! When I looked at Playback Devices the first time I did not notice that there was one more device that I could not see. When I scrolled down I found a second entry for the bluetooth headset with a slightly different description. When I selected that one it worked. Thanks for making me take a second look.

Bazsl, Nov 15, 2015
  8. Berton Win User

You're welcome.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot connect to bluetooth headphones after upgrade to Win10 - Similar Threads - Cannot connect bluetooth

2. Cannot connect Bluetooth headphones as stereo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot connect Bluetooth headphones as stereo: When I right click the "Headphones" option and click "Connect", nothing happens:https://i.imgur.com/8Z61Zo9.pngWhat should I do to enable this option?What I already tried: 1. Disabling "Handsfree telephony"Result: the "Headset" option disappears, but I still cannot connect it...
  3. Cannot connect Bluetooth headphones as stereo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect Bluetooth headphones as stereo: When I right click the "Headphones" option and click "Connect", nothing happens:https://i.imgur.com/8Z61Zo9.pngWhat should I do to enable this option?What I already tried: 1. Disabling "Handsfree telephony"Result: the "Headset" option disappears, but I still cannot connect it...
  4. Cannot connect to bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to bluetooth headphones: I have Dell Inspiron 17 3000 PC. I am trying to use my bluetooth Jaybird headphones. I used to be able to do that. When I tried recently, it would not work. I reinstalled qualcomm-qca61x4a-qca9377-wi-fi-and-bluetooth-driver_v5jjk_win_12.0.0.1118_a45_03, to no avail. There is...
  5. Cannot connect to bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to bluetooth headphones: I have Dell Inspiron 17 3000 PC. I am trying to use my bluetooth Jaybird headphones. I used to be able to do that. When I tried recently, it would not work. I reinstalled qualcomm-qca61x4a-qca9377-wi-fi-and-bluetooth-driver_v5jjk_win_12.0.0.1118_a45_03, to no avail. There is...
  6. Cannot connect to bluetooth headphones

7. WIN10 BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES wont connect

WIN10 BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES wont connect: So im running windows home 10 64bit, 6GB ram 4 gb Free Ive updated win10 to 2004 yesterday Now my Bluetooth headphones wont connect. BUT on the bluetooth box its says PAIRED I have the radio playing, and desktop speakers which before when i connected to bluetooth the...
  8. I cannot connect Bluetooth headphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot connect Bluetooth headphone: I connected my Bluetooth headphones via USB adapter.Currently when clicking on "connect", I get a message "That didn't work. Make sure your Bluetooth device is still discoverable, then try again...
  9. Cannot connect Bluetooth headphone with PC.

Cannot connect Bluetooth headphone with PC.: Cannot connect Bluetooth headphone with PC. Try trouble shooting tool, remove the Bluetooth device from the Device Mgr as suggested in Q&A. So I Removed device. Trying to pairing but failed. Suspect the problem from today updating 2020 patch....
  10. Cannot connect bluetooth headphones after Windows update

Cannot connect bluetooth headphones after Windows update: Hello! After every update to Windows 10 I cannot pair and connect my headphones through bluetooth. I would have to wait about a week or two after the updates before I am able to re-connect. Usually after the wait and I'm able to connect them again, it works every time I want...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth tried everything after upgrading from win7 to win10 i7 no work