Windows 10: Cannot connect to Epson wifi printer from Win10 notebook

Discus and support Cannot connect to Epson wifi printer from Win10 notebook in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to install an Epson WF3520 Printer, connected to my network by wifi, onto a Windows 10 ACER laptop. (Anniversary update, and all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by greybat, Mar 12, 2017.

1. greybat Win User

Cannot connect to Epson wifi printer from Win10 notebook

Hi,

I'm trying to install an Epson WF3520 Printer, connected to my network by wifi, onto a Windows 10 ACER laptop. (Anniversary update, and all other updates installed.)

The printer, laptop and other computers on the network are all using reserved DHCP addresses. From the notebook, I can ping the gateway, as well as other computers on same network. I cannot ping the ip address of the printer (timeout). From another computer on the same network, I can ping the printer and gateway, 2 other computers (1 wifi, 1 ethernet), but cannot ping the notebook (also, timeout).

The printer is already installed and working on other computers on the network, both wifi and ethernet, although I did have to remove and reinstall the printers on all other machines yesterday for unknown reasons. The printer was showing as offline on all computers - no idea why! AFAIK, this only happened over the last couple of days.

I have......
    - verified all IP addresses using ipconfig, and also checking the router device list.
    - uninstalled the printer from the notebook, then attempted to add new printer. Port not found.
    - manually added new port by IP address. Printer installed but not responding (no test page).
    - done a Network Reset on the notebook
    - rebooted the router
    - updated notebook adapter device driver (Realtek RTL8723BS Wireless LAN 802.11n SDIO Network Adapter). No update available
    - run out of ideas!

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

:)

greybat, Mar 12, 2017

2. Windows 10 Notebook has a printer problem! Tried Eveything?!

There are two Windows 10 notebooks and a Windows 10 desktop -- and two
    wireless printers on my home network. The desktop and one of the notebooks have no problem with either Epson printer. However the remaining note book does not work with
    either printer. One of the printers is two days old so I spent a couple of unsuccessful hours on the phone with a level 2 Epson tech yesterday. Again and again we uninstalled everything named "Epson" from "Programs
    and Features". Again and again, we removed all installed "Epson" printers from "Devices and Printers" -- then reinstalled the printer drivers and software from the Epson website. Again and again we attempted to print with no results. We stopped and restarted
    the "print spooler" several times. No print jobs ever appeared in the printer queue. No " print test page" ever worked. After attempting to print a test page from the printer properties window --"test page failed to print -- the printer queue is full"
    -- which made no sense. From an attempted print job from MS Word, "Windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer setup". The level two tech gave up and suggested I call Microsoft.

I'm about to give up and reinstall Windows 10 on the problem notebook? Help.

littleneilnpl, Mar 12, 2017
  3. Epson Stylus small in one SX435W

I have the same printer/scanner I don't think it came with a disk - it was plug and play.

I have installed all the latest drivers from Epson. Windows tells me I have the latest software too.

The device is connected by Wifi.

It was working fine before the last Win10 update.

Now it will print OK, but the scanner function does not work any more.

The device is recognised only as a printer and cannot be found as a scanner, although the hardware device properties device status for the scanner is reported as "working correctly".

daveburtonwilliams, Mar 12, 2017
  4. Cannot connect to Epson wifi printer from Win10 notebook

Hi greybat

Any chance your wifi network on Acer laptop is set to Public?

What ever you are using as firewall on Acer, disable it and Test. Of course the the network has to be set to private on Acer laptop.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 12, 2017
  5. greybat Win User
    Ken.....

Well, that was very simple! Thanks very much for the tip. I have no idea how my network came to be public on that computer, but, once I changed that, the printer immediately appeared!

Thanks again!

greybat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot connect to Epson wifi printer from Win10 notebook

1. Cannot connect to Epson wifi printer from Win10 notebook - Similar Threads - Cannot connect Epson

2. Epson Connect Printer Setup cannot find printer in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Epson Connect Printer Setup cannot find printer in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Epson Connect Printer Setup is a software that lets users connect their Epson printers to their computers over a network. Sometimes, the Epson Connect Printer Setup troubles finding the Epson printer on a particular network. In such a case users get the message Epson...
  3. Epson Printer Issues, Win10 64b

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Epson Printer Issues, Win10 64b: I am having issues with locating my Epson Printer on my network. WF-3720 My desktop computer running Windows 10 64b is on a wired connection to the router, the Printer is setup in the wireless mode. All other devices on the network iPhones, Macbooks & other Win10 wireless...
  4. Connect EPSON printer with USB to PC?

Connect EPSON printer with USB to PC?: IMPORTANT: I have an EPSON printer that I want to connect to my PC with a USB-A-USB-C cable (USB A to the printer, USB-C end to the PC) So far so good. But now I want my PC to recognize the printer. When "Adding a local printer" I can't find anything to the USB-C port of...
  5. HOw to connect an epson printer by wifi

HOw to connect an epson printer by wifi: Hi, I had my printer set up but had to reformat my computer The printer is selected under my printers and scanners in settings however is now offline and wont print I need to know how to connect it via wifi...
  6. New wifi connection, Epson printer won't print!

New wifi connection, Epson printer won't print!: I'm using a Lenovo ideapad 320 and have an Epson Stylus Office BX630FW running Windows 10. I've just changed to a new personal mifi box and can't get the printer to work. Both the laptop and the printer are connected to the same network and I've tried reinstalling the...
  7. Epson Workforce 320 printer - not connecting

Epson Workforce 320 printer - not connecting: I have attempted to use my Epson Workforce 320 printer with me HP computer using windows 10 home edition. I continue to get a "unable to connect" message. I have followed all of the troubleshoots, updates and device checks. I've tried removing the device from the computer,...
  8. Unable to connect to my Epson printer WF-2750 through wifi

Unable to connect to my Epson printer WF-2750 through wifi: I have just purchased an Epson WF2750 sets up o.k. and copies it connects through USB but when trying to connect wireless, the printer finds my router o.k. and shows that it has connected to the network, however, if I try wifi set up on my P.C. is says unable to find the...
  9. cannot uninstall Epson Printer

cannot uninstall Epson Printer: Following upgrade to 10 I need to uninstall Epson Printer and reinstall. have initiated uninstall but it will not complete the process. Anyone any ideas how to achieve this please? 19058
  10. Win10 lost connection to Epson XP-405 Printer - previously no problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 lost connection to Epson XP-405 Printer - previously no problems: I have a Windows10 desktop connected by ethernet to a Huawei router (TalkTalk supplied), a laptop running Win10 and an Epson XP-405 wireless printer, both the laptop and printer connected to router wirelessly and all linked in a network and on a Home Group. The desktop and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. epson printer unable to print from win10