Windows 10: Cannot connect to home wifi after updating Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot connect to home wifi after updating Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Surface Pro 2017, and had connected to my home wifi without any problem at all. Until yesterday, when Windows 10 forced some updates. Now,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nouvilas, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Nouvilas Win User

Cannot connect to home wifi after updating Windows 10

I have a Surface Pro 2017, and had connected to my home wifi without any problem at all.

Until yesterday, when Windows 10 forced some updates. Now, when I try to connect to my home wifi it fails to do so, giving a message of something like "It's not possible to connect to this network" (it is in spanish, so "No es posible conectar a esta red").

The wifi connection itself is not the problem, I have many other devices perfectly connected to the internet.

I tried disabling and re-enabling the wifi adapter: it didn't solve the problem.

I tried "forgetting" the wifi network and trying to reconnect: it didn't solve the problem.

To Microsoft: If some Windows update is going to disable my ability to connect to the internet, at least LET US CHOOSE WHETHER TO UPDATE WINDOWS OR NOT ¬¬

:)

Nouvilas, Aug 17, 2018
  2. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Cannot connect to home wifi after updating Windows 10 [​IMG]

Theres also this official http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/341531-windows-10-preview-nokia-lumia-920-a.html
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

3. wabbles Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot connect to home wifi after updating Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot connect home

2. Cannot connect to wifi after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to wifi after an update: I had an auto update to windows 11 which caused my scanner drivers to crash. I spoke with tech who reverted rhe update now I cannot even get online and rhey have to escalate the issue. I'm now 2 days In a row unable to work and this is costing me money....
  3. Cannot connect to wifi after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to wifi after an update: I had an auto update to windows 11 which caused my scanner drivers to crash. I spoke with tech who reverted rhe update now I cannot even get online and rhey have to escalate the issue. I'm now 2 days In a row unable to work and this is costing me money....
  4. CANNOT CONNECT WIN 10 PC TO HOME WIFI IN WIN 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CANNOT CONNECT WIN 10 PC TO HOME WIFI IN WIN 10: I recently purchased a new router Linksys AC1900 and set up my home wifi network. I have 12 devices connected, including a Win 10 PC that is appx a year old. All of these devices connected quickly and with no problem. However, I have an older Win 10 PC that was previously...
  5. Cannot connect to wifi after upgrade to Windows 10

Cannot connect to wifi after upgrade to Windows 10: I had always expected a few glitches after doing an in-place upgrade from Win7 to Win10 (v21H1) on my Samsung RF511 laptop (which is a few years old but in theory capable of handling Win10). After sluggish boot-up and touchpad issues (raised in separate posts), this one is...
  6. Windows 10 Cannot connect to WiFi

Windows 10 Cannot connect to WiFi: I have a dell studio laptop that I have been using for a side computer. Today, the WiFi has refused to connect to any network and this issue keeps going. I can see all the networks, I click one, type the password and after thinking for a moment it says it "cant connect to...
  7. Windows 10 Cannot Connect to Wifi

Windows 10 Cannot Connect to Wifi: Hi, My laptop couldn't connect to any of the wifi this morning. It was working fine with my private wifi at home last night. I received the following error messages when trying to connect to the university wifi. Can someone please help me fix it? Thx! [ATTACH]...
  8. Cannot connect to home wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot connect to home wifi: I've run through normal, basic troubleshooting steps: Restart the router (everything else in the house is still working) Turn airplane mode on and restart the laptop Tried the troubleshooting too nothing has worked, any ideas?! submitted by /u/Cinderhulk89 [link]...
  9. Cannot Connect to Home Wifi on New Computer

Cannot Connect to Home Wifi on New Computer: Hi, I bought a new computer about a couple days ago, tried connecting to my home wifi network, and it says, "can't connect to this network." I tried uninstalling my network adapter and restarting, as well as updating all my drivers. However, I still cannot access the internet...
  10. Cannot Connect to Wifi Network After Windows 10 Updates

Cannot Connect to Wifi Network After Windows 10 Updates: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 660 desktop with Windows 10 Home version 10.0.17134 Built 17134 x64. Wifi internet has been working fine for many years, but suddenly stopped working after what I can only suspect was a Windows update that caused an issue. I have been through...