Windows 10: Cannot connect to internet wirelessly

Discus and support Cannot connect to internet wirelessly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; when i booted up my computer one day, i was disconnected from my home internet connection. i went to click on the network and internet bitton on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AngeloM04, Aug 19, 2018.

1. AngeloM04 Win User

Cannot connect to internet wirelessly

when i booted up my computer one day, i was disconnected from my home internet connection. i went to click on the network and internet bitton on the taskbar, and the normal screen to connect to a network was replaced with, “change settings, such as making a connection metered” and has the airplane mode box under it. i dont have an ethernet cable, so i cant connect that way. i have tried to troubleshoot, and it only says to connect an ethernet cable. i have read that there is sometimes a button that turns off wireless connection on computers, but i cannot find it. i have an alienware 17 r5, if that can help, and have not installed any external drivers for wireless internet. thank you in advance.

:)

AngeloM04, Aug 19, 2018
  2. A Gray Win User

Cannot Connect Wirelessly to the Internet

My E Machines E732 laptop which was recently upgraded to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) and has now had the Anniversary update applied. has suddenly ceased to be connectable wirelessly to the internet. I am using a BT Hub 5 and there is no fault with it as it connects wirelessly to several other computers in the house. I can connect the E Machines using an ethernet cable, and this works well, but any attempt to reconnect wirelessly fails. Could this be a result of the latest Windows update or is there some other fault such as a Registry flaw. I have tried renewing the network settings but no joy. Has anyone got any suggestions?*Sad

A Gray, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Windows 10 and internet connection

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Since you are able to connect to the internet wirelessly it is just the wires connection which has issues.

It could be either wire which has problems or Ethernet port.

Before you change either of these I suggest you to try the following steps:

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

a. In search Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the search box and hit Enter.

c. Select “View all” option from the left panel.

d. Select “Internet Connections” from the list and follow On-screen instructions.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Aug 19, 2018
  4. MIAGIBBS Win User

Accessing internet wirelessly.

How do i get access to internet? This is my dilemma, I have 2 pc's that are accessing the internet by way of ethernet and/or wireless. But my downstairs laptop will not access internet wirelessly . When I try...it just keeps saying checking requirements.
    Also my network is not listed under network connections, but it does appear in the list at the system tray icon.

MIAGIBBS, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot connect to internet wirelessly - Similar Threads - Cannot connect internet

2. Wireless internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless internet connection: I am unable to connect my desktop to any wireless internet connections. It shows THE WINDOWS WIRELESS SERVICE IS NOT RUNNING , Can someone help me out ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-internet-connection/6760307a-d64f-49a1-9909-b12f80d55392
  3. Wireless internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless internet connection: I am unable to connect my desktop to any wireless internet connections. It shows THE WINDOWS WIRELESS SERVICE IS NOT RUNNING , Can someone help me out ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-internet-connection/6760307a-d64f-49a1-9909-b12f80d55392
  4. Help Connecting To Wireless Internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help Connecting To Wireless Internet: Whenever I hit the lil network bar, it doesnt show networks. It doesnt show any when i ask it to search for networks. When i run a diagnostic its about a ethernet cable and not wireless, every other device connected to my internet works fine. My computer was working fine and...
  5. I cannot connect wirelessly to the internet anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot connect wirelessly to the internet anymore: Hi there I am on a laptop which is only a month old. I've had no problem connecting with the internet until now. Switched off the laptop last night and it had been fine, turned it on this morning and i can no longer connect wirelessly to the internet. Im on windows 10, in...
  6. Wireless internet connection issues.

Wireless internet connection issues.: I'm having trouble with my internet connection. I get various errors; "The default gateway is not available", "Problem with wireless adaptor or access point", "I.P. address incorrect", etc. Sometimes Windows diagnostics works, sometimes not, but the problem always returns...
  7. Can't connect to internet wirelessly

Can't connect to internet wirelessly: Hello i seem to be having trouble with windows 10 whenever i try to connect my wireless router it wants me to connect a Ethernet cable to my router it doesn't even give option to connect wirelessly does anyone know how to fix this thanks in advance...
  8. Wireless connection to internet. No 5G

Wireless connection to internet. No 5G: I am able to connect at 2.4G but unable to now connect at 5G, used to be able to connect at 5G okay. Other PC and smart phones all connect at 5G. What am I doing wrong. This is a Asus Core I7. Thanks in advance....
  9. connecting printer to wireless internet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connecting printer to wireless internet: How do I connect my HP laptop (windows 10) to my Xerox Phaser6128MFP printer using the wireless internet? I don't know how to find the IP address, etc to change my printer to wireless....
  10. Cannot Connect Wirelessly to the Internet

Cannot Connect Wirelessly to the Internet: My E Machines E732 laptop which was recently upgraded to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) and has now had the Anniversary update applied. has suddenly ceased to be connectable wirelessly to the internet. I am using a BT Hub 5 and there is no fault with it as it connects wirelessly...