Windows 10: Cannot connect to Mac OSX on network

Discus and support Cannot connect to Mac OSX on network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Mac on my LAN and until today, it was visible under Networks and I could connect to it. Today, it does not show, yet the Mac can connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rtcary, Mar 14, 2018.

1. rtcary Win User

Cannot connect to Mac OSX on network

I have a Mac on my LAN and until today, it was visible under Networks and I could connect to it. Today, it does not show, yet the Mac can connect to the Windows 10 computer. To my knowledge, no changes have been made to my small office network (Windows 10, Mac, Centos 7 server). Of course, Microsoft can do things without my knowledge.

Are there some diagnostics I can run from a Command line? I did run ipconfig /renew and received this message:

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 10: Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

However, I do get this for 192.168.1.16, the IP of the Windows 10 computer:

Ethernet adapter Ethernet: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::ddad:b846:b4a9:8e61%16 IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.16 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Thank you for any help/suggestions...

\rtc

:)

rtcary, Mar 14, 2018

2. Network connection

I'm currently working in a small wireless network, composed of both windows pc's and osx (mac).

In this network my computer can connect with other windows pc's but it can't even detect the osx (mac).

How can I solve this?

LiaDelgado, Mar 14, 2018
  3. appropriate media transfer for mac app wont open on mac.

Nokia media transfer application for "mac osx 10.4.11 and later" cannot be opened. My OSX 10.4.11 will not allow me to open
    the downloaded app. claiming I "cannot use this application with this version of MAC OS X" although it is supposedly adequate. Please help! My phone is a N85

reckless---01, Mar 14, 2018
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Hey rtcary,
    I'm assuming you say you can't connect to the Mac, because it isn't showing in the Win10 PC > Networks. Have you tried manually accessing the Mac PC from your Win10 PC > File Explorer > Address Bar and type in \\Mac-PC-Name or \\Mac-IP-Address ?

I don't know what SMB version Mac OSX uses, but if you can access the Mac using the above, then on the Win10 PC check and see if maybe SMBv1 Server/Client got uninstalled by going to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows Featrues On/Off and look for SMB1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support and click the Plus(+) to see all the options.

Cannot connect to Mac OSX on network [​IMG]

Eagle51, Mar 14, 2018
  5. rtcary Win User
    Frustrating, especially since it was working yesterday as it has been for months.

Using the name of the iMac (TODDS-IMAC) or it's IP (192.168.1.11) in the browser does not connect, however ping does reach the IP.

The SMB 1.0/CIFS Client and Server are checked. Device discovery is selected.

The iMac does connect with the Windows 10 computer.

What role do credentials play in connecting to another computer? I checked the credentials for the iMac -- in fact, I redid the one for the iMac and no errors were triggered (if one would be if the settings were incorrect).

Todd

rtcary, Mar 15, 2018
  6. rtcary Win User
    Equally frustrating, they appear again! The only possible alteration is that I turned Kaspersky off, did an Achronis backup to my C: drive and booted. Noticed that both WORKGROUP computers reappeared. Then I forgot about Kaspersky being off, turned it back on and did several more reboots trying to get the computers to disappear...but they did not.

I do not like being in places without a definitive answer...but I guess I'll have to in this case.

Cannot connect to Mac OSX on network [​IMG]

NUC in the Windows 10 computer.

Todd

rtcary, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot connect to Mac OSX on network - Similar Threads - Cannot connect Mac

2. Exporting from Access 2016 to Mac OSX Shared drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exporting from Access 2016 to Mac OSX Shared drive: Exporting from Access 2016 to Mac OSX Shared driveHave successfully mapped the OSX server share as Z: this required SMB 1 to be installed Windows 10From file manager I can navigate to the share and copy over files and remotely create folders etc. I cannot save an export from...
  3. Exporting from Access 2016 to Mac OSX Shared drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exporting from Access 2016 to Mac OSX Shared drive: Exporting from Access 2016 to Mac OSX Shared driveHave successfully mapped the OSX server share as Z: this required SMB 1 to be installed Windows 10From file manager I can navigate to the share and copy over files and remotely create folders etc. I cannot save an export from...
  4. Exporting from Access 2016 to Mac OSX Shared drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Connectivity with Wifi mac address in hidden network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connectivity with Wifi mac address in hidden network: Hi,I have a few questions in doubts I am encountering some issues since I have a totally new router and extended mesh. Initially telco man set dual bands with same username and password. Each time I on internet a strong hidden wifi detected. I get telco in again to see any...
  6. Connectivity with Wifi mac address in hidden network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connectivity with Wifi mac address in hidden network: Hi,I have a few questions in doubts I am encountering some issues since I have a totally new router and extended mesh. Initially telco man set dual bands with same username and password. Each time I on internet a strong hidden wifi detected. I get telco in again to see any...
  7. Cannot connect to this network

Cannot connect to this network: I have two Win10 PC's: PC1 and PC2On PC1 I am able to connect to both the WiFi and the Samsung printer via WiFi-direct =everything works fine.Since a short time back I am NOT able to connect to the Samsung printer via WiFi-direct.Trying to fix the problem with the Samsung...
  8. Recover files from Mac OSX formatted Windows Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recover files from Mac OSX formatted Windows Partition: I have a laptop running both Mac OSX and Windows 10. When running Mac OSX, I wanted to create a bootable OSX USB installer, unfortunately I selected my Windows drive during the process. Mac OSX formatted it to Mac file system, and wrote 6GB of data on it (the installer data)....
  9. Cannot connect to WiFi network that is using a MAC filter

Cannot connect to WiFi network that is using a MAC filter: Hello, I am trying to connect a Windows 10 laptop to a WiFi network that is using a MAC address filter. When I attempt to connect Windows reports that it is "Checking network requirements". Then it reports that it "Cannot connect to this network". I have been able to...
  10. How to dual boot Windows 10 and Mac OSX

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to dual boot Windows 10 and Mac OSX: I want to dual boot my PC which has a pre installed windows 10 with mac OSX. I have only one HDD. I have searched many forums and sites but was not able to find any suitable help. Please help me out. 26021