Windows 10: Cannot connect to network computer via WiFi

Discus and support Cannot connect to network computer via WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two computers: a desktop with no WiFi (Ethernet only) and a laptop (Ethernet and WiFi). Using Ethernet on both computers I am able to see and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wordseditor, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Cannot connect to network computer via WiFi

I have two computers: a desktop with no WiFi (Ethernet only) and a laptop (Ethernet and WiFi).

Using Ethernet on both computers I am able to see and share files both ways and all works perfectly. Using WiFi on the laptop I can connect with the desktop machine but not the other way around.

The diagnostics on the desktop computer report "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer. Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing." I've tried all the standard methods to resolve this issue but nothing works. In any case, surely if this were the problem I wouldn't be able to use the Ethernet connection and the laptop wouldn't see my desktop machine?

Disabling the Kaspersky antivirus/firewall makes no difference.

At wit's end! Can anybody help?

:)

wordseditor, Apr 8, 2016
  2. grschinon Win User

N95 internet radio streams

Are you trying to connect via WiFi or via your mobile network's packet data service? If via WiFi, have you tried using, for example, a computer that shares that WiFi connection?

grschinon, Apr 8, 2016
  3. WiFi Connectivity

Email Send/Receive was running slow on network wifi and was also slowing other network device connectivity to a crawl. Ran connectivity diagnostics. Now cannot connect to network. Get error "Cannot connect to network." Started hotspot normally used for
    travel and no connection problems. All other devices in the house are connected to network via wifi. Windows 10 Home. Dell XPS L511Z.

TrailOrTrashWO, Apr 8, 2016
  4. Cannot connect to network computer via WiFi

CADesertRat, Apr 9, 2016
  5. Thank you for pointing me to this. However, the query on this thread relates to accessing the internet. Both my computers can get online with no problems. The laptop can do so using either Ethernet or WiFi. The problem is with my desktop computer, which can't access the laptop when the latter connects to the network via WiFi (there's no WiFi on my desktop computer). I guessed this was a permissions issue but became confused by Windows producing the error message about missing network protocols.

Do tell me if I'm misunderstanding networking. It has always seemed to be a black art, one I've never mastered!

wordseditor, Apr 9, 2016
  6. Problem solved. Sorry to have troubled this forum. It was nothing to do with Windows 10. Kaspersky on the laptop was treating the WiFi network connection as a public network and was blocking it. What my experience does show is that the Windows report "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer" can be an erroneous error.

wordseditor, Apr 9, 2016
  7. Glad you found the problem and re-posted so that it may help others.

CADesertRat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot connect to network computer via WiFi

1. Cannot connect to network computer via WiFi - Similar Threads - Cannot connect network

2. PC connected via Lan and Phone connected via Wifi not in the same network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC connected via Lan and Phone connected via Wifi not in the same network.: I have my PC connected via Lan Cable and my phone connected via Wifi. Remote file access to my phone does not work and the error says that my phone is not connected on the network. I also have the similar error using Window's Phone link. Can you help me resolve this so that I...
  3. PC connected via Lan and Phone connected via Wifi not in the same network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC connected via Lan and Phone connected via Wifi not in the same network.: I have my PC connected via Lan Cable and my phone connected via Wifi. Remote file access to my phone does not work and the error says that my phone is not connected on the network. I also have the similar error using Window's Phone link. Can you help me resolve this so that I...
  4. PC connected via Lan and Phone connected via Wifi not in the same network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot connect to Wifi network

Cannot connect to Wifi network: Hello, i have notebook and pc. From notebook i can connect to wifi entering username and password, but since few days, i cannot connect to same wifi from pc. After entering username and password, after few seconds it asks me again username and passwordand so on. Earlier i...
  6. Windows 10 CAN connect via ethernet and CANNOT connect via wifi

Windows 10 CAN connect via ethernet and CANNOT connect via wifi: I have tried all the online help that I can find but i still cannot connect via wifi. Is this a common issue ? Using an HP laptop. Other devices in the house can connect. It doesnt even see the wireless network or any others to try and connect to it....
  7. Cannot connect wifi network

Cannot connect wifi network: I cannot connect to wifi network anymore. One day, it just stopped letting me find network. In device manager it doesn't show a network wifi driver anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-wifi-network/b7d660a3-9ea0-45de-b372-a498d5ad4e7e
  8. Computer "cannot connect to network"

Computer "cannot connect to network": My computer connects to all other networks except the one at my house. It started after we got a new router (Tenda). My phone and tablet, and other pcs can connect. When I try to connect it says "Cannot connect to network ", and will not save network/password....
  9. connect to internet via ethernet and wifi but to network only on wifi

connect to internet via ethernet and wifi but to network only on wifi: Hello. I have three Dell XPS PCs connected via a Verizon Actiontec router to each other and to the internet, all running Windows 10 (two preinstalled, one upgraded from Windows 7). All connect fine to the internet via Ethernet and wifi, but they can only see/connect to each...
  10. my computers cannot connect to the internet via cable only via WiFi

my computers cannot connect to the internet via cable only via WiFi: my problem is i can connect to my network also internet via WiFi but i get drop out . but not via cable the router IP is 192.168.0.3 my server 2012 ip 198.168.0.10 we have 16 port switch trying to connect to server with cable also get internet . Could the windows server be...