Windows 10: Cannot connect to shared drive on company domain network.

Discus and support Cannot connect to shared drive on company domain network. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; At my work, we are upgrading all computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (roughly about 12 computers total). So far 6 of them have been upgraded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SG1000, Jan 20, 2016.

1. SG1000 Win User

Cannot connect to shared drive on company domain network.

At my work, we are upgrading all computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (roughly about 12 computers total). So far 6 of them have been upgraded successfully with not network issues. There is a company domain in place. After upgrading the 7th computer, a Dell Latitude E6410, to windows 10, I cannot access the shared drive on the network. I can connect to the network, see shared printers and any shared workstations, and can even access the internet, but cannot connect to the shared drive. When attempting to do so, the message about missing network protocols come up. I have tried a few suggested fixes but cannot fix the issue.

Any ideas?

:)

SG1000, Jan 20, 2016
  2. aleonardi Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update Networking

Are your computers running on a domain? - Yes

Which Windows 10 1703 build is currently installed on your computer? - PRO

Are you accessing your shared drive within your company's network or your personal network? - Company Network (doesn't matter)

aleonardi, Jan 20, 2016
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update Networking

For added clarification, we need you to answer the following:

Are your computers running on a domain?

Which Windows 10 1703 build is currently installed on your computer?

Are you accessing your shared drive within your company's network or your personal network?

Looking forward to your response.

Dyan Rey, Jan 20, 2016
Thema:

Cannot connect to shared drive on company domain network.

1. Cannot connect to shared drive on company domain network. - Similar Threads - Cannot connect shared

2. Cannot share drive on private network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot share drive on private network: Workstation is WIFI Windows 10-> I'm trying to share the drive from this computer. I added permissions including guest, my outlook account and Everyone. Network password is off. IPV6 is off. File and printer share are on.Computer I'm trying to map the driver to is Ethernet...
  3. Cannot share drive on private network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot share drive on private network: Workstation is WIFI Windows 10-> I'm trying to share the drive from this computer. I added permissions including guest, my outlook account and Everyone. Network password is off. IPV6 is off. File and printer share are on.Computer I'm trying to map the driver to is Ethernet...
  4. Cannot connect to network shares

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to network shares: I cannot connect to Windows 10 network shares. There was no problem with any shares until changing the router. Now, some shares can be accessed, by all networked computers. Some shares cannot be accessed by any networked computer. When pointing to the share, the following...
  5. Cannot connect network drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot connect network drive: Can someone help me ? I cant get my network drive connected using standard procedures. This problem effects all of my computers, but i also configure all my computers the same way. I think i have a service disabled that is responsible for it but not sure which one. I...
  6. cannot connect to network drive

cannot connect to network drive: Following upgrade from win 10 1909 to may 2020 , I lost connection to some of my network drives!? Tried most suggestions on the net but none worked. To be more specific occasionally connection to these network drives are restored just to disappear again in a shortly after....
  7. Cannot view company shared drive on my desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot view company shared drive on my desktop: Hi there, I have had trouble for some time with viewing a company shared drive for file uploading and editing. Our company uses OneDrive and I have complete access to other Microsoft apps and have a business email with Microsoft. I am able to access OneDrive through the...
  8. How to connect to Shared Network drive when not on the network?

How to connect to Shared Network drive when not on the network?: How do I connect to a shared network drive I have setup on my Windows 2012 R2 standard server at home, from my Windows 10 pro laptop is at work? Do I have to setup a vpn on windows 2012 server and connect to it from my laptop? Someone told me something about doing it that...
  9. Cannot access shared network drive

Cannot access shared network drive: On my desktop (AKA S4, currently running Win8.1 x64 pro) I have shared out four of the hard drives with full permissions. I have 5 PCs in my network and all can access the four drives. My sister is visiting and currently accessing my network via cat5 wire. On her PC (running...
  10. Cannot map shared network drive

Cannot map shared network drive: I have just upgraded from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro and have a problem with a shared network drive. Under Win7 and 8.1 I had no difficulty mapping this drive which is attached directly to my access point. However, since upgrade, I can log into the drive using a browser but cannot...