Windows 10: Cannot connect to the wireless network

Discus and support Cannot connect to the wireless network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I started my PC in a new premises with a Wireless modem, I have two other PC's connected. When I started the PC it saw the wireless network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by daniellouwrens, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Cannot connect to the wireless network

Hi

I started my PC in a new premises with a Wireless modem, I have two other PC's
    connected.

When I started the PC it saw the wireless network and the option came up to connect
    and there was a tick in the "Connect Automatically" box.

I selected OK but got a message "unable to connect".
    I did not get the opportunity to enter the Password/Key.

Now the PC will not connect to the Network nor will and Diagnose and repair fix anything.

BTW the Ethernet adaptor has been disabled.

The laptop I am sending this from is next to the PC so the wireless signal is okay.

Any ideas on how to get the PC Connected?

Thanks

Daniel

:)

daniellouwrens, Dec 8, 2015

2. N95 wlan connection (IT SAYS "WIRELESS CONNECTION ACTIVE")BUT COULD NOT CONNECT

MY N95 CANNOT CONNECT VIA WIRELESS NETWORK. IT KEEP SAYING WIRELESS CONNECTION ACTIVE. BUT THE NETWORK IS NOT PROTECTED.

ALSO, I CANNOT SAVE WAP & GPRS SETTINGS SENT BY ANY SERVICE PROVIDER.

oladipupo6, Dec 8, 2015
  3. Unable to connect to a Wireless network

I connected to a wireless network while my wireless network adaptor antennas were unplugged now I cannot connect to a network if they are plugged inAny ideas on how to fix this?

Original Title: Strange connect issues

Nathan..James, Dec 8, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Cannot connect to the wireless network

What OS did you upgrade to Windows 10 from? If it was Windows 7 then it's possible the router does not support WPA2-PSK[AES] while Windows 10, like Windows 8 and 8.1 no longer supports WPA-PSK[TKIP].

Check your router Advanced Wireless Setup page.

This info was posted here on tenforums.com recently but I can't find the post now so can't attribute this info correctly.

Ztruker, Dec 10, 2015
  5. Hi

I upgraded from a fully updated w8.1. After I upgraded I had no issues
    but I had Ethernet and cannot recall if I tested the Wireless but I believe I would have.

I suspect that my Wireless card is not properly seeing the modem, although
    why my laptop, right next to the PC, sees it okay is beyond me.

"Check your router Advanced Wireless Setup page."
    Where would I find that??

Oh well...

cheers

Daniel

daniellouwrens, Dec 10, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    If it worked okay with 8.1 then it's not the problem as 8/8.1 and 10 are the same as far as wireless security support is concerned.

Have you checked Device Manager, Network Adapters to see is any problems (yellow or red marks).

Ztruker, Dec 10, 2015
  7. Hi

there are no marks, the adapter is said to be working, I have uninstalled/reinstalled a couple of times, but that did not help.

I believe the adapter on the PC is a rubbish one and I need to get a better adapter or a better modem.

Cheers

Daniel

daniellouwrens, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot connect to the wireless network

1. Cannot connect to the wireless network - Similar Threads - Cannot connect wireless

2. Cannot connect PC to my wireless network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect PC to my wireless network: HelloI have a PC the one I am writing from now that uses a wireless connection via a dongle. I have recently acquired a second-hand PC and hoped to connected that to the Internet using the same dongle, so I have bought an Archer T2U Plus wireless USB adapter. I can see the...
  3. Cannot connect PC to my wireless network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect PC to my wireless network: HelloI have a PC the one I am writing from now that uses a wireless connection via a dongle. I have recently acquired a second-hand PC and hoped to connected that to the Internet using the same dongle, so I have bought an Archer T2U Plus wireless USB adapter. I can see the...
  4. Cannot connect PC to my wireless network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Absolutely cannot connect to a wireless network anymore!

Absolutely cannot connect to a wireless network anymore!: Okay so it began as very seldomly losing internet connection on my laptop after leaving it idle and waking it from sleep... Then somehow would only hold a wireless connection when plugged in and charging... Then it would be that every few minutes it'll lose internet...
  6. Wireless Network Connection

Wireless Network Connection: Hi, my pc constantly loses internet connection. I'm connected to WiFi and the next minute the pc can't find any wireless network. I always have to re-initiate the pc for the networks to appear again. How can I solve this issue for good?...
  7. Wireless Connection Problem: Cannot connect to some WiFi network but was able to connect to...

Wireless Connection Problem: Cannot connect to some WiFi network but was able to connect to...: Hi, I'm not able to connect to some WiFi networks which I was able to connect to earlier. I can successfully connect to other WiFi networks so I don't think it's an hardware issue. I didn't update my system or did anything that might cause this problem. I tried all the...
  8. Cannot connect to any wireless network

Cannot connect to any wireless network: I am using a Fujitsu laptop with Windows 10 Home Vesion 1903 installed on 9/14/2019 and OS build 18362.449. From yesterday, I cannot connect to any wireless network. Although I can see them from the network available list, after click on the connect button, "Unable to...
  9. New Computer - Cannot connect to wireless network??

New Computer - Cannot connect to wireless network??: Hey All, My father bought a brand new HP pavilion desktop. Pretty nice machine. I7, 16gb ram, all that and the bag of chips. Anyways, his internet access is through his landlords wireless. This desktop comes equipped with a modern AC wireless adapter. We turned the...
  10. Wireless connection problem: "cannot connect to this network" message

Wireless connection problem: "cannot connect to this network" message: Hello, My desktop PC cannot connect wirelessly to my router. I get the message "Cannot connect to this network". The adapter driver is up-to-date and is shown as working properly. Other devices connect wirelessly with no problems (including the laptop I am using right now...