Windows 10: Cannot connect to windows 10 share from Windows 7 !?

Discus and support Cannot connect to windows 10 share from Windows 7 !? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Have a NET SHARE W$=W:\ on Windows 10 Have a NET USE w: L: \\win10pc\w$ on Windows 7 Used to be able to connect and save my backups there etc. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SOHO1, Feb 7, 2016.

1. SOHO1 Win User

Cannot connect to windows 10 share from Windows 7 !?

Have a NET SHARE W$=W:\ on Windows 10
    Have a NET USE w: L: \\win10pc\w$ on Windows 7
    Used to be able to connect and save my backups there etc.
    This morning, I get status: Unavailable in Windows 7 as reported by NET USE
    same for all my other shares between the two.

Both PC's on same Ethernet LAN and in same Homegroup.

I can see L: \\win10pc\users from Windows 7 but cannot see the drive shares.

Confused.

:)

SOHO1, Feb 7, 2016

2. Home network connection using Windows 10

I have two computers that are sharing a home network. I installed Windows 10 on one computer and the other is still running Windows 7. I cannot connect from the Windows 10 computer to the Windows 7 computer. Do both computers have to be running the
    same version?

TravelinMann, Feb 7, 2016
  3. tacodog2 Win User
    Can not share printer between windows 10 machines.

I have two machines running Windows 10 and I cannot get the machines to share the HP officejet 6000 E609n printer. I have it connected by usb in one and checked as shared. The two computers are in a homegroup. They shared fine in Windows 7, but they do
    not share in Windows 10. One machine was upgraded to Windows 10 easily the other one I had to install Windows 10 and not save any of the apps/files from Windows 7 (clean install). I have the latest drivers for the printer, and it works fine in the Machine
    connected by the usb. The other machine sees the printer, but I always get an error when it installs the drivers and tries to connect.

tacodog2, Feb 7, 2016
Thema:

Cannot connect to windows 10 share from Windows 7 !?

1. Cannot connect to windows 10 share from Windows 7 !? - Similar Threads - Cannot connect share

2. Upgraded from Window 7 to Window 10 and cannot connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded from Window 7 to Window 10 and cannot connect to the internet: I downloaded Windows 10 via the internet and that was the last time I was able to connect through my Wi-Fi. I've researched this issue and have done everything below MULTIPLE times, along with restarting my modem. I have multiple other computers and devices connect to this...
  3. Upgraded from Window 7 to Window 10 and cannot connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded from Window 7 to Window 10 and cannot connect to the internet: I downloaded Windows 10 via the internet and that was the last time I was able to connect through my Wi-Fi. I've researched this issue and have done everything below MULTIPLE times, along with restarting my modem. I have multiple other computers and devices connect to this...
  4. Upgraded from Window 7 to Window 10 and cannot connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot browse Windows 7 admin disk volume shares from Windows 10

Cannot browse Windows 7 admin disk volume shares from Windows 10: From computer A Windows 10 Home, the file shares on computer B Windows 7 Pro, laptop can be successfully accessed by: "\\b\users\<admin-user>\desktop\<shared-folder>". But when browsing the network from computer A by opening the Network in explorer, although computer B shows...
  6. Cannot connect to shared drive in Windows 10

Cannot connect to shared drive in Windows 10: Hello Today I tried accessing a shared folder I have in my network from my Windows 10 personal computer. I was able to do it last week but now I'm getting username or password error. I'm able to access it from my job Windows 10 laptop. I have tried several how-to...
  7. How to connect to Windows 7 share from Windows 10 1803

How to connect to Windows 7 share from Windows 10 1803: I spent the last couple of days wading through a lot of material on this subject. I finally found the right solution and I thought I would share it so others would not need to go through the hassle of digging through the long complicated threads. The real question is "How...
  8. Windows 10 cannot access a Windows 7 share

Windows 10 cannot access a Windows 7 share: Trying to access a Win 7 share from Win 10 - note: a Win 7 can access a Win 10 share Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and Windows 7 Professional 64 bit both machines in same Workgroup, same subnet and gateway ping works between Try to map a drive and use Browse server is there but...
  9. Share a printer from windows 10 to windows 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Share a printer from windows 10 to windows 7: I am using windows 10 in two computers & other one use windows 7. I have install and use printer on one windows 10 computer and it is shared. I can use these shared printer on other windows 10 computer but can't use it in windows 7 computer. Can i solve this problem....
  10. Windows 10 cannot access shared folder on Windows 7

Windows 10 cannot access shared folder on Windows 7: We recently had 2 new computers built in house, both with Windows 10 OS. Our main computer that we use for shared files runs on Windows 7. After connecting both new Win 10 computers to network, one had immediate access to shared files and hasn't missed a beat, however the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 cannot connect to windows 10 share

2. i cannot share to windows 7

3. windows 10 cannot connect to windows 7

4. windows 7 cannot connect to a windows 10 share