Windows 10: Cannot Connect Wirelessly to the Internet

Discus and support Cannot Connect Wirelessly to the Internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My E Machines E732 laptop which was recently upgraded to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) and has now had the Anniversary update applied. has suddenly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by A Gray, Sep 29, 2016.

1. A Gray Win User

Cannot Connect Wirelessly to the Internet

My E Machines E732 laptop which was recently upgraded to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) and has now had the Anniversary update applied. has suddenly ceased to be connectable wirelessly to the internet. I am using a BT Hub 5 and there is no fault with it as it connects wirelessly to several other computers in the house. I can connect the E Machines using an ethernet cable, and this works well, but any attempt to reconnect wirelessly fails. Could this be a result of the latest Windows update or is there some other fault such as a Registry flaw. I have tried renewing the network settings but no joy. Has anyone got any suggestions?*Sad

:)

A Gray, Sep 29, 2016

2. cannot connect to internet/windows 10

Unable connect to the internet. Help!!!!

KennethSuzuki, Sep 29, 2016
  3. glynnpt Win User
    result of Windows Anniversary update

I just updated my Windows 10 using Anniversary update. I cannot connect to the internet wirelessly. It is ok using a wire. I have a second laptop that connects wirelessly without any problem, so it has to be the update that has caused the problem. Anyone
    any ideas?

glynnpt, Sep 29, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Yes, I've seen this on other machines after the AU. If the WiFi says 'connected' but no longer says 'internet access' then the fix is simple. Go to Settings - Network & Internet - WiFi - Manage known networks. Click on your BTHub5 entry and click 'Forget'. Now set up your connection again.

If you have just disconnected and reconnected to the existing connection for your BT hub that isn't sufficient. Seems some obscure part of its settings doesn't get migrated properly from 1511 to 1607 - you have to forget all its previous settings and recreate the connection.

5. A Gray Win User
    Thanks Bree. I've gone through the procedure you have suggested but I still get the message "Can't connect to this network". I should add that this connection problem just occurred two days ago, but I upgraded to the Anniversary edition about two weeks ago and the wireless connection was okay immediately thereafter. I thought that there may have been a delayed reaction as other people seemed to be encountering strange effects some time after installation. My problem may not be caused by the AU at all. I fear that some physical failure may have occurred as my machine is quite old now. I live in hope that someone may know of a Registry setting that may have become corrupted and needs to be reset. I have run CCleaner which has cured a number of problems in the past but not this time

A Gray, Sep 30, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    Understood. The problem I described has happened to a number of machines immediately after the AU upgrade. Sounds like you have a different one.

Have you tried going back to an earlier restore point?

7. Adalwar Win User
    Try to "brute force" uninstall Dirvers. Go to Device Manager, right click on Device, Uninstall. If there is a box "Delete Driver" chek it.
    Go to Programs and Features, uninstall Software for your Device
    Reboot
    Go to Device Manager, see if Windows installed a Driver Automatically. If not, Force Windows to search a Driver on-line for it.

Adalwar, Sep 30, 2016
  8. A Gray Win User

I have restored the computer to before an "Automatic Restore Point" created on 22nd Sept. Amongst other things there were a lot of updates to broadcom files (so I suppose there was a Microsoft Update although it was not described as such) to be removed by going back to before this point and as these seem to relate to the internet I thought it likely that one or more of them could be the cause of my problem. On restart the wireless connection was still dead but clicking on it showed that my router was recognised and on re keying the password the wireless connection was restored. My only worry now is that if Microsoft decide to update the Broadcom files again in the future, I'll loose my connection again, but at least I'll have a better Iidea how to fix it. Many thanks again for your help

A Gray, Sep 30, 2016
  9. A Gray Win User
    Thanks Adalwar but as you will see from my other reply I've managed to fix the problem without resorting to your "brute force" method. I think it has merit however as it may more precisely focus on the troublesome files unlike the restore point method which has a blanket effect but for me this was easier as the computer did all the work.

A Gray, Sep 30, 2016
  10. Bree New Member
    There is a risk that Windows will just download and 'update' the drivers again. For 'problem' drivers like this MS provide a troubleshoter called wushowhide

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Tutorial here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html

Thema:

1. Cannot Connect Wirelessly to the Internet - Similar Threads - Cannot Connect Wirelessly

2. Wireless internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless internet connection: I am unable to connect my desktop to any wireless internet connections. It shows THE WINDOWS WIRELESS SERVICE IS NOT RUNNING , Can someone help me out ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-internet-connection/6760307a-d64f-49a1-9909-b12f80d55392
  3. Wireless internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless internet connection: I am unable to connect my desktop to any wireless internet connections. It shows THE WINDOWS WIRELESS SERVICE IS NOT RUNNING , Can someone help me out ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-internet-connection/6760307a-d64f-49a1-9909-b12f80d55392
  4. Help Connecting To Wireless Internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help Connecting To Wireless Internet: Whenever I hit the lil network bar, it doesnt show networks. It doesnt show any when i ask it to search for networks. When i run a diagnostic its about a ethernet cable and not wireless, every other device connected to my internet works fine. My computer was working fine and...
  5. I cannot connect wirelessly to the internet anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot connect wirelessly to the internet anymore: Hi there I am on a laptop which is only a month old. I've had no problem connecting with the internet until now. Switched off the laptop last night and it had been fine, turned it on this morning and i can no longer connect wirelessly to the internet. Im on windows 10, in...
  6. Wireless internet connection issues.

Wireless internet connection issues.: I'm having trouble with my internet connection. I get various errors; "The default gateway is not available", "Problem with wireless adaptor or access point", "I.P. address incorrect", etc. Sometimes Windows diagnostics works, sometimes not, but the problem always returns...
  7. Can't connect to internet wirelessly

Can't connect to internet wirelessly: Hello i seem to be having trouble with windows 10 whenever i try to connect my wireless router it wants me to connect a Ethernet cable to my router it doesn't even give option to connect wirelessly does anyone know how to fix this thanks in advance...
  8. Wireless connection to internet. No 5G

Wireless connection to internet. No 5G: I am able to connect at 2.4G but unable to now connect at 5G, used to be able to connect at 5G okay. Other PC and smart phones all connect at 5G. What am I doing wrong. This is a Asus Core I7. Thanks in advance....
  9. connecting printer to wireless internet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connecting printer to wireless internet: How do I connect my HP laptop (windows 10) to my Xerox Phaser6128MFP printer using the wireless internet? I don't know how to find the IP address, etc to change my printer to wireless....
  10. Cannot connect to internet wirelessly

Cannot connect to internet wirelessly: when i booted up my computer one day, i was disconnected from my home internet connection. i went to click on the network and internet bitton on the taskbar, and the normal screen to connect to a network was replaced with, “change settings, such as making a connection...