Windows 10: Cannot connect with network location (QNAP)

Discus and support Cannot connect with network location (QNAP) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to map a network location (QNAP) on computer running Windows 10. There aren't any problems with it on other PC's, also with Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StanleyPro, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Cannot connect with network location (QNAP)

Hi,
    I would like to map a network location (QNAP) on computer running Windows 10. There aren't any problems with it on other PC's, also with Windows 10. All computers are in company's domain.

When I try to connect there is info: [IP address] is not available. We cannot connect you with this location, bacuse Your domain is not unavailable.

Does anybody know how to solve this?

Thanks.

:)

StanleyPro, Aug 28, 2017

2. KB3185614

Hello Gerry,

No I have not mapped the NAS drives.

Usually the NAS drives show up under Networking, and this is the most convenient method for me to access the shares.

Even though my QNAP and Synology NAS devices aren't accessible as networking shares after kb3185614 is installed, QNAP still shows up as a storage device. So I can click the storage device,
    and log into QNAP to transfer files via their web based file manager, so I'm not completely back to sneaker net.

When I'm in the QNAP manager I can see the my multiple log-in attempts from my Latitude. The messages just say "login failed."

My other Windows 10 64 computer doesn't have a problem and can access both QNAP and Synology through the Network section of the File Explorer and this computer HAS all of the latest Windows 10 updates including kb3185614.

thanks,

Jim

James from San Jose, Aug 28, 2017
  3. No NAS Access after windows update

After update Windows machine does not see other computers on network.

Machine 1 - Windows 10 Desktop

Machine 2 - Windows 10 laptop - was working until I got the restart message as I was on the NAS

Machine 3 - Qnap NAS

Machine 4 - Freenas box

MAchine 5 - Linux Box - working fine, how I am access NAS Admin screens

When Windows desktop was only update that had been rebooted - it only saw itself. After update, the Laptop became visible but lap top lost access to NAS

I can ping both nas boxes - no issue

I can log into web interface of Freenas box from Desktop

I cannot log into web interface of QNAP box.

I have reset all routers and switches in the house as well as complete power cycle of Desktop and Laptop and QNAP Nas box (have not power cycled Freenas).

if I put \\IP Address - I can see directory structure of freenas box but nothing for QNAP

Shawn T. Smith, Aug 28, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Cannot connect with network location (QNAP)

Welcome to the forum. Try mapping via IP not name run tracert see if that can reach it or were it stops

Samuria, Aug 28, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    QNAP should have a utility like Synology to allow you to find the NAS. What model is your QNAP?

bro67, Aug 29, 2017
  6. Atanoman Win User
    Try changing the server name (System > General Settings > System Administration), apply, change back to original name, apply. Works for me every time. I have to do this from time to time, especially after power to the NAS is interrupted.

Atanoman, Aug 31, 2017
  7. bro67 Win User
    You should not have to do that if you set a Static IP for the NAS and other devices like printers, router/gateway, smartswitch. The reason to set a Static IP, is so that you are not spending countless hours looking for the device. Also a power outage should not make the gateway or the NAS lose the IP, unless you have something going on to cause it r using a computer as a poor man's server/nas.

bro67, Sep 1, 2017
  8. Atanoman Win User

The NAS has a static IP and is mapped using the IP address, not the server name. You can say it shouldn't fix the problem all day, but it does. I have a TS-212.

Atanoman, Sep 1, 2017
  9. bro67 Win User
    The issue would be with your router or setup on the QNAP. Who is your ISP and did they provide the gateway that you are using, or are you using your own?

bro67, Sep 2, 2017
  10. Atanoman Win User
    This is my intranet, so I don't think they have anything to do with this.. I don't understand why you can't believe this is a QNAP bug. It's not like they don't have plenty of them.

Atanoman, Sep 2, 2017
  11. bro67 Win User
    If you think that it is a bug with the software on your QNAP, then file a bug report. Otherwise I would make sure that you have updated the latest software for your QNAP, set it up properly for how you need it to only have a Static IP, you do not need a Firewall turned on on it, nor do you have to make a change to the IPTables on it.

All that you need is for the NAS to sit on the network with a assigned Static IP on the device, not in the Gateway, which you never even states who your ISP is or your Gateway manufacturer or model.

File a Bug report with QNAP and check their forums to see if anyone else is having the same problems.

bro67, Sep 3, 2017
  12. RBFII Win User
    I have a TS-212 as well that was lost on my Windows network after a Windows update about 5 months ago but the network visibility to the TS-212 remained for my Linux based PCs. Then again there are times my Windows X pro PCs can not even see their own shares.

RBFII, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot connect with network location (QNAP) - Similar Threads - Cannot connect network

2. Cannot access QNAP shares from windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access QNAP shares from windows 10: I have a QNAP NAS connected in my LAN having a name (nas-name) and an IP (nas-ip). After a brand new W10 PC entered my network I got the 'Windows Cannot access \\nas-ip" error when typing \\nas-ip in explorer. All other PCs can access the NAS folder tree in explorer though. I...
  3. Cannot connect to this network

Cannot connect to this network: I have two Win10 PC's: PC1 and PC2On PC1 I am able to connect to both the WiFi and the Samsung printer via WiFi-direct =everything works fine.Since a short time back I am NOT able to connect to the Samsung printer via WiFi-direct.Trying to fix the problem with the Samsung...
  4. Cannot connect to this network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot connect to this network: Hi my wireless usb is working just fine but i cannot connect to the wifi, i keep getting the message shown in the title, nothing ive found seems to work and i hope that you all can help me submitted by /u/saucymeme-boi [link] [comments]...
  5. Cannot connect to network

Cannot connect to network: I am suddenly unable to connect to my home Wifi network. This is a new and sudden issue. No recent windows or driver updates. New wireless adapter purchased and also unable to connect. The PC checks network requirements and then fails to connect. Old adapter is a TP-Link...
  6. Cannot connect to network

Cannot connect to network: I've recently upgraded to a new network at home. The new router supplied is a Linksys Velop WHW 03 v2. I have easily found the new router and connected with 2 laptops and 2 mobile phones, no problem. However my PC Acer running an up to date Windows 10 system will not...
  7. Cannot connect to network

Cannot connect to network: I had Windows 10 installed a week ago and it worked fine without internet connection issues until a few days later. I can never seem to reconnect to WiFi after a disconnection occurs and it requires me to restart my laptop every time it occurs to be establish a network...
  8. network cannot locate laptop

network cannot locate laptop: On my home network, my desktop cannot locate my latop. Both are using windows 10. I get the error code 0x80070035. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-cannot-locate-laptop/1abfea6f-b541-42cd-af5a-8770cdc76677
  9. Windows & Qnap

Windows & Qnap: Hello, when i click on network i can see the qnap and if i click on it go's to login for qnap page. Windows cannot access it . I can access qnap from it's software. Any ideas 53123
  10. Lost network connection to QNAP NAS after Windows 10 upgrade

Lost network connection to QNAP NAS after Windows 10 upgrade: Hi folks, I was apprehensive about Windows 10. I know this because the upgrade icon stated for a while now that it was ready to download and install - but I wasn't. I was quite content with my Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit OS. Unfortunately, yesterday in a particularly good...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cannot find how to connect my qnap to a wifi network

2. use qnap ts212 as network location

3. cannot connect qnap device on wifi network windows 10