Windows 10: Cannot copy, move files from Explorer to other program (file managers)

Discus and support Cannot copy, move files from Explorer to other program (file managers) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I try to copy, move with copy and paste a file, folder or more from the Explorer (it works from Explorer to Explorer) to another program (e.g.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bingus, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Bingus Win User

Cannot copy, move files from Explorer to other program (file managers)

When I try to copy, move with copy and paste a file, folder or more from the Explorer (it works from Explorer to Explorer) to another program (e.g. file managers) it does not work, this sign is shown:

Cannot copy, move files from Explorer to other program (file managers) [​IMG]

How could I make it work?

:)

Bingus, Apr 3, 2017

2. Problem moving libraries from dedault location to externcal drive

Using explorer/properties/location to move default library Document Picture and Music directories to an external drive, the files are copied not moved so I end up with a copy in both the old and new locatons. I used explorer/properties/location to move
    the files and the program indicates that the files will be "moved" to selected location, but the files are actually copied. Also the old and new directories seem to be linked, if I save a file to one location it shows in both locations. When opening some
    programs I get a message that the expected file location (original location) cannot be found and that the reference must be changed.

SHouston63, Apr 3, 2017
  3. DanErk Win User
    "File Explorer"

I also have a Tilt from AT&T, but it came with 6.1. Why is there no File Explorer with 6.1? How do I manage files? (I have moved a CAB file to the phone via ActivSync but cannot open it to install the SyncML program.)

DanErk, Apr 3, 2017
Thema:

Cannot copy, move files from Explorer to other program (file managers)

1. Cannot copy, move files from Explorer to other program (file managers) - Similar Threads - Cannot copy move

2. Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.: I am trying to clean up my computer and whenever I try to copy or move any elements from one directory to another it suddenly gets stuck after a couple of files or even at the very beginning. Just like so:This makes me unable to organize any of my folders on my computer. I...
  3. I cannot copy or drag a file from file explorer into device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot copy or drag a file from file explorer into device manager: I cannot paste or drag a file into device manager from file explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-copy-or-drag-a-file-from-file-explorer/30d6e011-f708-435c-818a-7780d242daa9
  4. I cannot copy or drag a file from file explorer into device manager

I cannot copy or drag a file from file explorer into device manager: I cannot paste or drag a file into device manager from file explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-copy-or-drag-a-file-from-file-explorer/30d6e011-f708-435c-818a-7780d242daa9
  5. FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy: Hello. I can't figure out why when I drag and drop files to different folders in File Explorer there are times it 'moves' versus 'copies'. I can't tell what I'm doing differently. Thanks....
  6. FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy: Hello. I can't figure out why when I drag and drop files to different folders in File Explorer there are times it 'moves' versus 'copies'. I can't tell what I'm doing differently. Thanks....
  7. FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy

8. Can't copy/move files using File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't copy/move files using File Explorer: Hi guys, I recently build a new pc and installed Windows Pro on it. Everything is working pretty well, except for 1 thing: I can't move/copy files... Whenever I try to do this screen flickers black for less than a second, and file explorer shuts down without moving or...
  9. File explorer and other programs crashing

File explorer and other programs crashing: I thought I had a good life. Then Windows Update 1903 auto-installed overnight. All of a sudden. my Windows and Outlook profiles were corrupt and many of my programs did not work. I created a new profile to fix the one the update corrupted. But File Explorer, Chrome,...
  10. Network File Copies and Moves Crash File Explorer

Network File Copies and Moves Crash File Explorer: Everytime I try to move or copy any files from a mapped network share, it crashes out the file explorer. Anyone have any ideas on what can be causing this? The OS is Windows 10 Pro, the network share is on a Synology NAS box. Thank you 70147

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can not copy file in File exporer