Windows 10: Cannot create a new event in Calendar App

Discus and support Cannot create a new event in Calendar App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I can't find anyone else with this problem anywhere on the internet. My calendar app opens fine. I did the setup with adding accounts and I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Feolkieer, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Feolkieer Win User

Cannot create a new event in Calendar App

Hi, I can't find anyone else with this problem anywhere on the internet.

My calendar app opens fine. I did the setup with adding accounts and I can view the calendar perfectly in any way I want (by month, day, etc.). As far as I can tell, everything is working except for the New Event button.

This is what it looks like:

Cannot create a new event in Calendar App [​IMG]

The New Event button looks highlighted, even though my mouse is nowhere near that window. When I do mouse over it, nothing happens. If I mouse over the numbers on the calendar below it, they do get highlighted, but the New Event button does not. It's as though there's nothing there at all.

A calendar's useless to me if I can't put events on it. If I wanted to just see the chart, I'd just click the time on the taskbar.

Is anyone having the same problem/Does anyone know what's wrong? Or perhaps if there is an app in the Windows Store (for free) that functions like this one should? I tried to find one, but they were all "view-only" calendars.

Thanks,

:)

Feolkieer, Aug 30, 2015
  2. Gus Ayala Win User

Unable to Create New Event in Calendar

Unable to create a new event in Calendar. In Settings/ Privacy / Calendar 'Let apps access my calendar' switch is set to 'On'. 'App connector' and 'Mail and Calendar' switches are also set to 'On' under other settings. Neither appear under the Calendar
    setting as described in a post in Windows Ten Forums Cannot create a new event in Calendar App - Windows 10 Forums.
    It used to work work. Any suggestions?

Gus Ayala, Aug 30, 2015
  3. Frood42 Win User
    Google calendar events not created by calendar owner cannot be seen on Lumia 1020

Device: Nokia Lumia 1020 running most current update.

App: Included app "calendar"

Short description:

If I create an event on a google calendar of which I am not the owner, I cannot see the event on my phone but the event DOES get created (it is visible online at the Google Calendar interface).

Started happening:

Last week. No changes to my account or phone had been made.

Description:

I can see my events. If I add an event to my google calendar, I can see it in native Lumia calendar app. If I add an event to my child's calendar (my wife and children also maintain google calendars with their events - we all share our calendars with each other
    and create events on each others' calendars) it appears momentarily, then disappears. The event DOES get created as I can see it online.

But beyond that, I cannot see any event on my phone whose event creator and calendar owner are different.

Example:
    If I create an event on my son's calendar, I cannot see it in my phone.

If my son creates an event on his own calendar, I can see it.
    If I create an event on my own calendar, I can see it.

I have tried:

Deleting google account from phone, then re-adding. (problem persists)
    Managing the 'syncing' settings in the CalDav portion of the Google website. (all calendars are shared)

Any insight?

Frood42, Aug 30, 2015
  4. Jezzer56 Win User

Hi Feolkieer,

I too had this problem and it took a while to find the cause (in my case anyway). Go to Settings / Privacy / Calendar and ensure the 'Let apps access my calendar' switch is set to 'On'. Two other switches on the tab should also be set to 'On': 'App connector' and 'Mail and Calendar'. Once these were set my calendar could be interacted with and I could set an event. Hope this works for you.

Jezzer56, Sep 13, 2015
  5. Knuckles Win User
    Thank you, Worked fine for me..

Knuckles, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot create a new event in Calendar App - Similar Threads - Cannot create event

2. Unable to create Events in Calendar in Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create Events in Calendar in Outlook: I have 5 mailboxes setup in my Outlook and I am able to create Events in 4 of the Calendars but 1 Mailbox's Calendar does not allow me to create event as of today morning. The option to create events/create appointments is greyed out Have tried restarting the PC, tried...
  3. Unable to create Events in Calendar in Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to create Events in Calendar in Outlook: I have 5 mailboxes setup in my Outlook and I am able to create Events in 4 of the Calendars but 1 Mailbox's Calendar does not allow me to create event as of today morning. The option to create events/create appointments is greyed out Have tried restarting the PC, tried...
  4. Events keep disappearing on the Calendar App

Events keep disappearing on the Calendar App: Hi everyone,Last week I got around to adding all my classes and other things I need to do to the calendar app on my computer, and they all appeared, but the next day they were gone. I tried adding them again, and they have disappeared once again. This is making it really hard...
  5. iCloud calendar events not showing on Windows Calendar App

iCloud calendar events not showing on Windows Calendar App: I recently purchased a new laptop and I am unable to get my iCloud calendar to sync events with the windows calendar app. My iCloud calendars show up on the app itself however no events are appearing. When I create an event, i can see the event on my iPhone but it disappears...
  6. Default calendar for new events - Calendar App - Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Default calendar for new events - Calendar App - Windows 10: Hi guys! In the new way to add events in Win 10 calendar app, you don't seem to be able to set a default account. Is there any way to see a fix for it? Thanks! [ATTACH]...
  7. Calendar app on Windows 10 not showing events created on iPhone/iCloud.

Calendar app on Windows 10 not showing events created on iPhone/iCloud.: Hello All, Kindly help me here if anyone else has faced similar issue and have been able to resolve the same. On my windows 10 machine, I'm syncing my mails, calendars & contacts with Mail, Calendar & People apps respectively. Everything except one, is working like charm....
  8. Create New Event in Calendar app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create New Event in Calendar app in Windows 10: How to: Create New Event in Calendar app in Windows 10 How to Create New Event in Calendar app in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the...
  9. Calendar New Event

Calendar New Event: Can't get this to work,click on new event and nothing happens? Calendar loads OK and highlights today,just can't add any events. This was a new install and I think it worked after the install,not sure why not working. Thanks for any suggestions on helping me fix this....
  10. Calendar app shows duplicate events

Calendar app shows duplicate events: Hi, I've been experiencing a problem with the Windows 10 Calendar app - it shows duplicate events. I'm using a Microsoft account (Outlook.com) and have it configured on the computer. Mail app Works ok and syncs. Calendar App shows duplicate events. If I access the same...