Windows 10: cannot create a new folder in Mail app

Discus and support cannot create a new folder in Mail app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; when I click the + sign a box appears to enter a name for a new folder. When I press enter the new folder momentarily displays in the folder list then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MikeWatsonON, Aug 22, 2018.

1. cannot create a new folder in Mail app

when I click the + sign a box appears to enter a name for a new folder. When I press enter the new folder momentarily displays in the folder list then disappears, a moment later a message appears at the top of the screen saying that the folder could not be created, and the only option is to click dismiss. In 'settings - apps and features' when I select the mail app there is no 'repair' option and 'reset' notifies you that all will lost if I proceed with a reset. that is not an option. What can I do?

:)

MikeWatsonON, Aug 22, 2018

2. Unable to syncrionise and create new Folders Windows Mail app

Hello Geoffrey,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

Which is the type of email account you have configured in Mail app? Is it POP3/IMAP/Exchange server/any other email account?

The Windows 10 Mail app does not currently have support for creating folders. However it will sync any folders that exist on your email server. In most cases you can manage the folders that exist on the servers via the web by signing into email providers
    email web site.

I suggest you to install all the pending Windows updates and check if it helps. If the issue persists, I suggest you to remove the e-mail account and try to re-add it and check if it helps.

You may also follow the below steps to change the Mailbox sync settings in the Mail app and check if it helps.

• Open the Mail app.
    • Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner in the Mail app.
    • Click on the Accounts under
      Settings.
    • Click on your account and select Change settings.
    • Click on the Change mailbox sync settings and check in the
      Sync options.
    Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Windows 10 mail - new folders

We appreciate that you have already followed the guide on how to create a new folder on our Windows 10 Mail app. Since you're having issues creating a new folder by following the steps provided, have you already performed the troubleshooting that's listed
    in the article as well. If so, what were the results of the troubleshooting?

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Aug 22, 2018
  4. cannot create a new folder in Mail app

Windows 10 Mail and creating new folders

Hi,

We apologize for the delayed response.

This is entirely dependent on the email account you are trying to sync to the
    Mail app

For instance, if you are trying to sync Outlook.com account to your
    Mail app, you can first open your Outlook.com account in a Web browser and then create new folders. These new folders will automatically get synced to your mail app.

To create new folder in Outlook.com follow the steps mentioned in the link below:

Work with folders

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/outlook/basics#basics-folders

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

cannot create a new folder in Mail app

1. cannot create a new folder in Mail app - Similar Threads - cannot create folder

2. Cannot create new folders almost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot create new folders almost: Hello! I recently discovered that I cannot make new folders using File Explorer anywhere, and in some locations like in any subdirectories in C:\Program Files I cannot make new files at all.My testing has shown an exception: I can make new folders using Command Prompt, and I...
  3. cannot create new folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot create new folder: Suddenly no option to create new folder when right click. How do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-create-new-folder/80843612-3262-4984-b594-d8a07596ea6b
  4. Cannot create new mail folder windows 10 mail Version 16005.13426.20368.0

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot create new mail folder windows 10 mail Version 16005.13426.20368.0: When I clic on a folder, I do not see the plus sign + that would allow me to create a new folder name. Also if I try to transfer a mail from my in box to an other folder, I use to have the option to create a new folder, I do not see this option any more. Thanks Louis...
  5. Folders created in in outlook mail app for android are not being created in win10 mail app...

Folders created in in outlook mail app for android are not being created in win10 mail app...: Folders created in outlook mail app for android are not being created in win10 mail app and fails to add the folder manually It works on the 3 android devices I own with no issues....
  6. Cannot Create New Folder

Cannot Create New Folder: Hi, I can't create a new folder in my Administrator account but it can be done in another account not administrator. I have followed 5-7 instructions, nothing works. Thanks...
  7. Cannot Create New Folder in Some Folders

Cannot Create New Folder in Some Folders: I cannot create a new folder in the following folders All c:\users\[username]\ Documents Pictures Videos There may be others! Its ok on Desktop. I get a message saying: Item Not Found Could not find this item The item is no longer located in...
  8. cannot create new folder on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot create new folder on desktop: When I right click on the desktop screen and click new folder my screen blanks out then comes back, but am unable to create a new folder. Whats going on here? Thanks for any help. K 131706
  9. cannot create folders in windows mail app

in Browsers and Email
    cannot create folders in windows mail app: when I go to 'more' in the mail app and click + a dialog display appears however when I enter the name of a new folder and click enter it appears momentarily in the folder list then disappears and a message appears at the top screen saying that the action could not be...
  10. Cannot Create New Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Create New Folders: Howdy all, So this problem popped up seemingly right after I switched over to Windows 10. As the title says, I cannot create new folders. Clicking on the New Folder button results in a New Shortcut dialog box popping up. What's even weirder is that the context menu has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. create new folders in mail app

2. cant create new folders in mail app

3. cannot creat a new folder in mail app

4. mail app cannot create folder,
  5. windows mail cannot create new folder,
  6. cant create new folder in windows 10 mail