Windows 10: cannot create folders in windows mail app

Discus and support cannot create folders in windows mail app in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; when I go to 'more' in the mail app and click + a dialog display appears however when I enter the name of a new folder and click enter it appears... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by vallero, Aug 25, 2018.

1. vallero Win User

cannot create folders in windows mail app

when I go to 'more' in the mail app and click + a dialog display appears however when I enter the name of a new folder and click enter it appears momentarily in the folder list then disappears and a message appears at the top screen saying that the action could not be completed. I have tried the suggestions from the windows help site but nothing works. it appears that my only solution is to uninstall and reinstall the app, however that is not possible because I don't want to lose all my e-mails and accounts.
    I think that the problem is definitely with the app and not some weird Windows thing because I can create new folders with my Gmail account.
    Any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks in advance

:)

vallero, Aug 25, 2018

2. Mail for windows 10 - will not create folders

Mail for Windows 10 offers the ability of creating your own folders and subfolders. I have followed the steps to do this however I keep getting an error message saying the folder could not be created. My software is up to date and I have tried the other
    troubleshooting suggestion offered (closing the app and opening it again) without success. Other ideas to fix this?

SusanaSenes, Aug 25, 2018
  3. Unable to syncrionise and create new Folders Windows Mail app

Hello Geoffrey,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

Which is the type of email account you have configured in Mail app? Is it POP3/IMAP/Exchange server/any other email account?

The Windows 10 Mail app does not currently have support for creating folders. However it will sync any folders that exist on your email server. In most cases you can manage the folders that exist on the servers via the web by signing into email providers
    email web site.

I suggest you to install all the pending Windows updates and check if it helps. If the issue persists, I suggest you to remove the e-mail account and try to re-add it and check if it helps.

You may also follow the below steps to change the Mailbox sync settings in the Mail app and check if it helps.

• Open the Mail app.
    • Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner in the Mail app.
    • Click on the Accounts under
      Settings.
    • Click on your account and select Change settings.
    • Click on the Change mailbox sync settings and check in the
      Sync options.
    Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

1. cannot create folders in windows mail app - Similar Threads - cannot create folders

2. Creating folders in Microsoft Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating folders in Microsoft Mail: I am unable to create folders in Microsoft mail. When I click on my email address, then More, there is no plus sign next to the All Folders. Can you please help....
  3. Creating folders in Microsoft Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating folders in Microsoft Mail: I am unable to create folders in Microsoft mail. When I click on my email address, then More, there is no plus sign next to the All Folders. Can you please help....
  4. Cannot create new mail folder windows 10 mail Version 16005.13426.20368.0

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot create new mail folder windows 10 mail Version 16005.13426.20368.0: When I clic on a folder, I do not see the plus sign + that would allow me to create a new folder name. Also if I try to transfer a mail from my in box to an other folder, I use to have the option to create a new folder, I do not see this option any more. Thanks Louis...
  5. Folders created in in outlook mail app for android are not being created in win10 mail app...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders created in in outlook mail app for android are not being created in win10 mail app...: Folders created in outlook mail app for android are not being created in win10 mail app and fails to add the folder manually It works on the 3 android devices I own with no issues....
  6. Creating Folders in Windows Mail

Creating Folders in Windows Mail: I have repeatedly followed the instructions previously offered on this forum as to how folders can be created in Windows Mail App. However, no + sign appears next to 'All Folders' after I click my account then click 'More'. Why is there no + sign? Also, it seems that there...
  7. Attempting to create folders in Windows Mail

Attempting to create folders in Windows Mail: I have no + sign to create more folders. I've read prev threads- all have the same problem thread now locked, few of them are helped by instructions. WHY is W10 such a mess? There really are so many problems. One after another. Most of us don't want to bcome techs.........
  8. Creating folders in Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating folders in Windows Mail: I have searched for instructions to add folders to Windows Mail. All say to click on the + by All Folders. I have no +. I have checked for updates. Now I am at loss. Thank you....
  9. cannot create a new folder in Mail app

cannot create a new folder in Mail app: when I click the + sign a box appears to enter a name for a new folder. When I press enter the new folder momentarily displays in the folder list then disappears, a moment later a message appears at the top of the screen saying that the folder could not be created, and the...
  10. How to create folders for mail

in Browsers and Email
    How to create folders for mail: I have this same question. I want one inbox for all 8 of my email accounts. I want a single sent folder and single trash folder for all accounts. And, I want to be able to create my own folders below the bottom fixed folder (sent or trash or junk or whatever it happens to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows mail does not have to add folder

2. windows mail cant create folders for gmail