Windows 10: cannot create hotspot after upgrade to windows 10

Discus and support cannot create hotspot after upgrade to windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; dell inspiron 3520 laptop could create wifi hotspot with windows 8, after upgrade to windows 10 no more hotspot, .ostoto hotspot says wireless card not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by abbiemax, Oct 7, 2015.

1. abbiemax Win User

cannot create hotspot after upgrade to windows 10

dell inspiron 3520 laptop could create wifi hotspot with windows 8, after upgrade to windows 10 no more hotspot, .ostoto hotspot says wireless card not found. dell says it is not doing anything for windows 10. Must I rollback to windows 8 to use hotspot and if so what happens if you do not upgrade to windows 10. thanks for your help

:)

abbiemax, Oct 7, 2015

2. Cannot see mobile hotspot option in my Dell inspiron windows 10 laptop

Hello,

I recently upgraded from WIndows 7 home edition to Windows 10 home edition. I was able to use my laptop as a wifi hotspot to connect my phone to internet before upgrading to Windows 10. Now i have tried most of the available options to create the wifi hotspot,
    but it doesn't get connectedto phone.

Also i cannot see the option of mobile hotspot in my network settings.

Please help me to fix this issue.

Thanks

ManjunathK S, Oct 7, 2015
  3. "HP Wireless Hotspot"

Hi

I am using HP Probook 650 running Windows 10 Pro. I am failing to create a WIFI Hotspot using my laptop.

This used to work when i was using windows 7 but now after i upgraded i cannot use it any more.

Also the HP wireless hotspot application says: "Internet Sharing has been disabled by wireless LAN"

PLease help me...

PHILLIP SINOTHI MOYO, Oct 7, 2015
Thema:

cannot create hotspot after upgrade to windows 10

1. cannot create hotspot after upgrade to windows 10 - Similar Threads - cannot create hotspot

2. Creating a WEP or unsecured hotspot on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a WEP or unsecured hotspot on windows 10: Hi,I'd like to create a WEP or unsecured mobile hotspot from my windows 10 laptop. I understand that this is insecure and not recommended however I want to use it to connect a device a nintendo DS to the internet that does not support proper WPA security, and having this as...
  3. Creating a WEP or unsecured hotspot on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a WEP or unsecured hotspot on windows 10: Hi,I'd like to create a WEP or unsecured mobile hotspot from my windows 10 laptop. I understand that this is insecure and not recommended however I want to use it to connect a device a nintendo DS to the internet that does not support proper WPA security, and having this as...
  4. Creating a WEP or unsecured hotspot on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to create a hotspot with a command?

How to create a hotspot with a command?: So, i have the weird problem that i cant create a hotspot with the command "netsh wlan start hostednetwork //start hotspot" I get this error. after reasearching it, the solution is said to be to enable "Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter"but that doesnt seem to...
  6. Creating a hotspot

Creating a hotspot: It's for general networking, the machine has no internet connection. 'Hosted network' is not supported for the Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377, on this Acer Aspire 3, with Windows build 1803. Therefore I want to work around this, or use another device (I have an ethernet connected...
  7. Cannot Activate After Upgrading Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot Activate After Upgrading Windows 10: Hello, I purchased a Windows 10 machine from Lenovo a YogaC940 and then bought an upgrade directly from Microsoft to Windows 10 Enterprise. No license key came with the email confirming my upgrade, and my machine upgraded and updated seamlessly. However, I now get...
  8. Creating Mobile Hotspot

Creating Mobile Hotspot: I am wanting to use my mobile internet data on my PC. I understand that to do this I need to create a 'mobile hotspot'. I am using Windows10 and cannot find this setting in my Network Settings tab. I am using a wired WiFi device ie connected to computer via usb cable Is...
  9. Cannot use Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10

Cannot use Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10: I have a problem with Mobile Hotspot feature of Windows 10. I use 3G USB to connect to Internet and I want to broadcast wifi from my laptop to my phone. However, I got this (picture 2) while I was still able to connect to the Internet (picture 1). Can someone help me with...
  10. unable to create hotspot in win 10 pro

unable to create hotspot in win 10 pro: Hi all, I am facing a problem with my windows 10 pro version with latest update. the issue is that I am using network dongle as dialup network provider. may check it on taskbar. its connected with dialup network.(screenshot) I am unable to create hotspot from win 10 during...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cant see the hotspot option after formatting my laptop