Windows 10: Cannot create user profiles in Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot create user profiles in Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; After the anniversary update, i can't create a new profile for a local user, which means this user can't log on (User Profile Service is not... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mvinnicius, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Cannot create user profiles in Windows 10

After the anniversary update, i can't create a new profile for a local user, which means this user can't log on (User Profile Service is not loading).And no, I do not have a restore point (a long sad story which doesn't add to the solution, I think)

Also, my Main account (adiministrator) lost it's association with a Microsoft account, and I can't fix it.

I have another user with administrator rights , but it already have a Microsoft account associated and everything seems to work fine, but this account is from another computer, and I don't want to mess with it.

Is there any way to fix the profiles in my Windows?

The new local accounts I create (via command prompt, control userpasswords2, local admin account, system settings, whatever ) doesn't create an entry on registry, or a folder in the Users folder.

I was planing to make a clean install, but without my computer associated to my microsoft account, I'm afraid I have no way to activate the new Windows.

:)

mvinnicius, Aug 13, 2016

2. Windows 10 log in failed

In Windows 10, I just created an outlook account for a child user on my laptop. I can log in to the outlook account no trouble but cannot log in as that user. This happened on both child user accounts I created today.

The user profile service failed the log in. User profile cannot be loaded.

AshleyPettus, Aug 13, 2016
  3. Cannot sign in my MS Windows 10 with a new Windows Profile after automatic upgrade from Windows 7 Pro

Hello

My Windows 7 Pro was automatically upgraded to Windows 10. I can still log in with my old Windows Profile and Microsoft Profile to Windows 10 however if I create a new user profile in Windows 10 I cannot log in at all.

I've got a message:

“The ProfSvc service failed to sign in.

User profile cannot be loaded.”

Please help me to fix it.

Michael

MichaelKarpenkov, Aug 13, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Cannot create user profiles in Windows 10

Steve C, Aug 13, 2016
  5. Hey, Steve, thanks
    I've already done the following:

• sfc /scannow
    • dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth and /restorehealth
    • reinstall Windows from inside Windows (Downloaded the installation, updated, but choose to keep my settings and apps)
    My main worry now is the activation, since i'm afraid I won't escape a clean install...

mvinnicius, Aug 13, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    It seems you tried the repair install and I'm surprised that didn't work. The activation should work fine on the clean install on the same PC provided you already have an activated copy of W10. You should find W10 has activated by the time you check for successful activation in PC Settings!

Steve C, Aug 13, 2016
  7. Ok, i'll try repair first...but if my pc is not listed in my account devices, the activation will
    work as if it was a new machine?

mvinnicius, Aug 13, 2016
  8. Steve C Win User

You can check if and how your PC is activated here https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...-10-check.html

If your copy of W10 is activated with a digital licence then it should automtically activate a clean install on the same PC. If your copy of W10 is currently activated with a product key then the key may still be needed.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot create user profiles in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot create user

2. Cannot create another user profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot create another user profile: I tried to create another user other than family, but when I click on other user, nothing happens. My windows is legit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-create-another-user-profile/2240b61c-82e7-4100-9b77-39c57026b36b
  3. Windows 10 cannot load user profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 cannot load user profile: Recently I had a problem logging into my computer. Windows 10 could not load my profile. I had tried many suggested solution, when I tried to log on through the safe mode... I said tried because when I restarted my computer on safe mode I could log on either. I tried my...
  4. Help creating user profiles.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help creating user profiles.: Hi! I'm trying to create a new user profile on my computer. The problem is that I can't figure out how to configure it so both accounts are entirely separated. For example, I can't prevent the other account from accessing the main account's apps, downloads, appdata folders,...
  5. User Service Profile Cannot be Loaded-New profile created

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Service Profile Cannot be Loaded-New profile created: My child is not able to login to his account, received the User Service profile cannot be loaded message. I have performed disk cleanup, restarted laptop numerous, ran in safety mode several times still received same result. Created a brand new profile for my child, restarted...
  6. Creating User Profile

Creating User Profile: hey, it is possible to create another user account with admin privileges but not being able to delete another admin user account? if so, how? windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-user-profile/14a0ba41-d9f0-4696-843a-c6788a0fb8a8
  7. How to create Mandatory User Profiles in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to create Mandatory User Profiles in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many a time system admins need to create a pre-configured user account which works with fixed settings. These profiles are called mandatory user profiles (one of many Unique profiles) in Windows 10. In this guide, we will share how you [...] This post How to...
  8. Cannot create a new user (The User Profile Service failed the logon) ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot create a new user (The User Profile Service failed the logon) ?: I have a Dell laptop that seems to work fine. I did a hard drive check and seems OK. I created a new user in the control panel / users in the normal way. Went through all the security questions etc etc - and everything seemed to go fine. Great... so I rebooted and tried to...
  9. Cannot create a new user (The User Profile Service failed the logon) ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a new user (The User Profile Service failed the logon) ?: I have a Dell laptop that seems to work fine. I did a hard drive check and seems OK. I created a new user in the control panel / users in the normal way. Went through all the security questions etc etc - and everything seemed to go fine. Great... so I rebooted and tried to...
  10. Cannot access User Profile in Windows 10

Cannot access User Profile in Windows 10: I have been suffering from a problem for like eons and unfortunately, the microsoft team was not able to help at all. Ever since the upgrade of windows 10 to build 1803, there has been a problem where I cannot access my User Profile folder. Normally you don't notice it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot create user profile windows 10